- Rs 12,200 was partly invested in scheme X at 10% p.a compound interest(compounded annually) for 2 year and partly in scheme Y at 10% p.a. simple interest for 4 years. Both the schemes give equal interests. How much was invested in scheme X?
Rs 7000Rs 8000Rs 9000Rs 8500Rs 10000Option B
Let it be Rs x. in scheme X
So in Y=(12200-x)
Therefore,[(1+10/100)^2 -1] = [(12200-x) *10*4] /100
- Mani borrows Rs 8000 at 20 percent compound rate of interest. At end of ech year he pays back Rs 3000,How much amount should he pay at end of third year to clear all his dues?
Rs 5140Rs 6504Rs 5904Rs 4750None of theseOption C
At end of first year,=8000+1600=9600
At end of econd year=6600+1320=7920
Amount at third year=4920+984=Rs 5904
- Shubhra borrows money at 4% p.a and lends it at 6% p.a compound interest compounded half yearly and thus gains Rs 209 in a year.What is the amount of money she borrows?
Rs 6000Rs 10000Rs 12000Rs 15000None of theseOption B
Let amount borrowed be Rs 100.
Intrest to be paid=Rs 4
Actual amunt borrowed=209/2.09 * 100
- What sum will give Rs 488 as the difference between S.I and C.I. at 10% in 1 1/2 years compounded half yearly?
Rs 55000Rs 50000Rs 64000Rs 68000None of theseOption C
Let sum be Rs 100.
Difference=0.7625 == 488
- Rs 20000 was invested by Mani in mutual fund at 10% p.a. at C.I. However every year he has to pay 20% tax on C.I.How much money does Mani have after 3 years?
Rs 25410Rs 25194Rs 25640Rs 24845None of theseOption B
- Shubhra takes a loan of Rs 8400 at 10% p.a compounded annually which is to be repaid in two equal annual installments. One at end of one year and other end of second year. What is the value of each installment?
Rs 4200Rs 4500Rs 4840Rs 4580None of theseOption C
8400 = x*(210/121)
- Mani borrows Rs 6375 to be paid back with C.I at 4% p.a by end of two years in two equal yearly installments. How much will each installment will be of?
Rs 3380Rs 2540Rs 2505Rs 3520None of theseOption A
25x/26 +625 /676x = 6375
x = (6375 * 676) / 1275
- If Rs 7200 amounts to Rs 10,368 in C.I at a certain time, then Rs 7200 amounts to what in half of time?
Rs 8500Rs 8640Rs 8800Rs 8405None of theseOption B
- There is 50 percent increase in amount in 5 years at S.I. What will be the C.I of Rs 12000 after 3 years at same rate?
Rs 3565Rs 3972Rs 3845Rs 3540None of theseOption B
Let P=Rs 100
- Mani borrows Rs 3000 at 10% C.I. At the end of every year, he pays back Rs 1000.How much amount should he pay at end of 4th year to clear al his debt?
Rs 541Rs 545Rs 750.55Rs 751.30None of theseOption D