- A train running at the speed of 90 kmph passes a pole in 10 sec, in how much time the train can cross 350m long another train B, which running opposite direction with the speed of 180 kmph.
10 sec8 sec12 sec15 sec20 secOption B
length of the train=90*5/18*10=250 m
speed of train=90*5/18=25 m/sec
speed of another train=180*5/18=50 m/sec
required time=250+350/25+50=6000/75=8 sec
- A bus can cover a certain distance in 5 hours and when same bus starts running with 20% less speed then it can cover 300 km in 5 hours. Find the distance of the journey.
let the distance of the journey=D km
original speed of the bus=5x
decreased speed of the bus=4x
- A train running at the speed of 72 kmph cross pole in 18 sec. If same train cross a ‘x’ meters long platform in 30 sec, then find value of ‘x’ ?
speed of train=72*5/18=20 m/sec
length of train=72*5/18*18=360 m
length of platform=240 km
- Train P having length of 200m crosses a platform twice of its length in 30 sec. Another train Q having speed of 180 kmph crosses a pole in 10 sec. Find time taken by both trains to cross each other when running in opposite direction.
12 sec10 sec18 sec22 sec25 secOption B
speed of train P=200+400/30=600/30=20 m/sec
length of train Q=180*5/18=50 m/sec
required time=(500+200)/20+50=10 sec
- Distance between A and B is 880 km and speed of car is 20% more than speed of a bike. If car starts from A towards B and at the same time bike starts from B towards A and they meet after 4 hours, then find total distance travelled by car.
let speed of bike=5x
speed of car=6x
speed of car=6*20=120 kmph
distance travelled by car=120*4=480 km
- ‘L’ meters of long train cross a 480 m long tunnel in 40 sec running at the speed of 108 kmph. If train cross a man running in opposite direction in 8 sec, find speed of man (in km/hour).
speed of train=108*5/18=30 sec
ATQ, L+480/40=30 sec
let, the speed of man=’x’ sec
sped of main =30*18/5=108 km/hr
- A train can cross a tunnel of length 360m in 15sec, while a pole in 3 sec. In what time the train can cross a platform of length of 210 m.
10 sec8 sec12 sec16 sec20 secOption A
let length of train be x meters
speed of train=90+360/15=450/15=30 m/sec
required time=90+210/30=10 sec
- Ritu goes to office at a speed of 7 kmph and returns to the home at a speed of 4 kmph. If he takes 5 hours 30 minutes in all, what is the distance between the office and his home ?
let distance between office and Ritu’s home=D km
- A train running at 11/15 of his own speed reached a place in 60 hours. How much time could be saved if the train would run at its own speed ?
let the original speed of train=15x
current speed of train=11x
original time required=60*11x/15x=44
time saved=60-44=16 hours
- In covering a certain distance, the speed of A and B are in the ratio of 3:4. A takes 6 hours more than B to reach the destination. What is the time taken by A to reach the destination ?
speed of A and B =3:4
time ratio of A and B =4:3
let time taken by A=4x
time taken by=3x
time take by A to reach the destination=4*6=24 hours
Click here for topic wise Quantitative Aptitude Questions
One Thought to “Quantitative Aptitude: Time, Speed and Distance Set 23”
I was just looking for this information for some time. After 6 hours of continuous Googleing, at last I got it in your site. I wonder what’s the lack of Google strategy that don’t rank this kind of informative web sites in top of the list. Usually the top web sites are full of garbage.