Current Affairs 13 April 2021 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 12 April 2021 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of April 12, 2021
- Which has become the first country to complete the official process for ratification of Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement?
Explanation: Singapore has become the first country to complete the official process for ratification of the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) agreement.
- How much loan was approved by Asian Development Bank to improve transport connectivity in TamilNadu?
A) 484 million
B) 510 million
C) 525 million
D) 450 million
Explanation: The Asian Development Bank (ADB) said it has approved a USD 484-million loan to improve transport connectivity and road maintenance in the Chennai-Kanyakumari Industrial Corridor (CKIC) in Tamil Nadu.
- Recently Fintech platformU Gro Capital partnered with which bank to launch credit cards for MSMEs?
A) ICICI Bank
B) HDFC Bank
C) SBM Bank
D) RBL Bank
Explanation: Fintech platform U Gro Capital has partnered with SBM Bank India to launch credit cards for small businesses. The ‘GRO Smart Business’ credit cars is powered by RuPay along with EnKash.
- Which bank tied up with Bharti AXA Life insurance for ban assurance partnership?
A) Ujjivan Small finance Bank
B) Paytm Payments Bank
C) Jana Small Finance Bank
D) Fincare Small Finance Bank
Explanation: Bharti Axa Life and Fincare Small Finance Bank have joined hands for a bancassurance partnership under which the bank will sell insurance policies to its customers.
- MSMEplatform lending company Flexiloans partnered with which company to provide freelancers,women entrepreneurs and MSME free collateral loans?
Explanation: MSME-focused digital lendingplatform FlexiLoans.com announced its partnership with PayPal, a leader in digital payments, to provide freelancers, women entrepreneurs, sole proprietors, and MSMEs collateral-free business loans.
- Recently which organisation amended India’s inflation forecasting model?
C) NITI AAYOG
Explanation: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said it has revised its inflation-forecasting model to better capture how fiscal and monetary policy interact with real-economy elements.
- Which e commerce company signed agreement with Adani Group to boost infrastructure and logistics?
Explanation: Homegrown e-commerce platform Flipkart announced a strategic and commercial partnership with the Adani Group.
- Who became the first ever female sailor from India to qualify for Olympics?
A) Suman Singh
B) Niharika Dutta
C) Nethra Kumanan
D) Sharbina Basu
Explanation: Nethra Kumanan is the first-ever female sailor from India to qualify for sailing in the Olympics when she finished first in the laser radial class at the Mussanah Open. The discipline, hard work and dedication for sailing is something that the 22-year old learnt from the classical Indian dance, Bharatnatyam.
- The Pakistan Cricket aboard will be launching its own Hall of Fame.How many legends are planned to be inducted initially?
Explanation: The Pakistan Cricket Board will be launching its own ‘Hall of Fame’ to acknowledge and celebrate the achievements of their stalwarts from yesteryears.
- Who has been made the brand ambassador of Punjab Anti Corona vaccination programme?
A) Sonu Sood
B) Amitabh Bachchan
C) Virat Kohli
D) Akashy Kumar
Explanation: Actor Sonu Sood has been made the brand ambassador for Punjab’s anti-coronavirus vaccination programme.
- Who presented the AICTE Lilavati Awards 2020 on women empowerment to winners in NewDelhi?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
C) Amit Shah
D) Mansukh Mandiya
Explanation: Union Minister of Education Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ presented the AICTE Lilavati Awards 2020 on women empowerment to the winners in New Delhi.
- As per ranking of Academic Rankingof World Universities (ARWU) 2020 how many Indian universities find their place in global 1000?
Explanation: As many as 15 Indian universities made it to the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) 2020, also known as Shanghai Ranking. Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalorehas been listed in the 501-600 bracket globally while it tops the list of Indian universities.Harvard University has topped the global list.
- Recently Tropical Cyclone Serojoa has ripped devastating effect in which country?
Explanation: Tropical cyclone Seroja has ripped across a 1,000km stretch of Western Australia, leaving a trail of damage.
- Recently the renowned Mahant of Dashnami parampara Mahamandaleshwar passed away.Name him?
A) Asharam Bapu
B) Bharti Bapu
C) Vande Bapu
D) Mahtma Bapu
Explanation: The renowned Mahant of Dashnami parampara Mahamandaleshwar Shri Bharti Bapu passed away at Bharti Ashram in Sarkhej area of Ahmedabad. He was 93.
- Recently Sanjay Chakraborty passed away.He was related to the which sports?
Explanation: Noted shooting coach Sanjay Chakraverty died in Mumbai. He was 79.
- Recently the duke of Edinburgh passed away.Name him?
A) Prince Philip
B) Prince William
C) Prince Harry
D) Prince Charles
Explanation: Prince Philip, the longest serving royal consort in British history who was a constant presence at Queen Elizabeth II’s side for decades, died. He was 99.
- When is World Parkinson Day observed?
A) April 10
B) April 11
C) April 14
D) April 15
Explanation: April is Parkinson’s Awareness Month with World Parkinson’s Day recognised on 11 April each communities from around the world come together to raise awareness about the neurodegenerative disorder.
- What is the theme of this year’s National Safe Motherhood Day 2021?
A) Stay at Home during Coronavirus,keep mother safe from Coronavirus
B) Midwives for mothers
C) Respectful Maternity Care
D)Keep away from Covid and stay safe
Explanation: National Safe Motherhood Day is celebrated on April 11 each year to raise awareness to achieve the target of reducing the global maternal mortality ratio to less than 70 per 100000 live births.
- When is International Day of human Space flight observed?
A) April 9
B) April 10
C) April 12
D) April 11
Explanation: The United Nations (UN) celebrates the International Day of Human Space Flight on April 12each year.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- What is the currency of Singapore?
- Where is the HQ of SBM Bank limited?
- Where is the HQ of Bharti Axai Insurance?
- When was Asian Development Bank founded?
- Where is the HQ of PayPal?