Current Affairs 16 August 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 15 August 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of August 15, 2020
- Which state observes patriot Day on 13th August every year?
B) Tamil Nadu
D) Arunachal Pradesh
- ‘Lemon Tree’ singer Trini Lopez who passed away recently hailed from which country?
- ‘The Beauty of Living Twice’ is the memoir of whom actress?
A) Jodie Foster
B) Sandra Bullock
C) Sharon Stone
D) Meryl Streep
- Sudha Murty, chairperson of which company is among the those awarded the Gramodaya Bandhu Mitra Puraskaras?
A) ITC Ltd.
- Suhail Sameer was appointed as the group president of which financial technology firm?
C) Pine Labs
- Which finance company appointed former RBI deputy governor S S Mundra as its non-executive chairman?
A) Indiabulls Housing Finance
B) ICICI Home Finance Company Ltd.
C) L&T Housing Finance Limited
D) GRUH Finance Ltd.
- For the accounting year 2019-20, how much surplus amount has been approved by the Reserve Bank of India to be given to the central government?
A) Rs 44,088 crore
B) Rs 51,206 crore
C) Rs 62,543 crore
D) Rs 57,128 crore
- Which bank teamed-up with Fiserv, Inc., global provider of payments and financial services technology solutions to launch its first independent credit card?
A) Federal Bank
B) DCB Bank
C) South Indian Bank
D) Karur Vyasya Bank
- Which bank launched a ‘Shaurya KGC Card’ for the armed forces personnel to finance them for agricultural requirements like production of crop, etc.?
A) Bandhan Bank
B) Kotak Mahindra Bank
C) HDFC Bank
D) Axis Bank
- From which date has the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) mandated system-based asset classification for urban co-operative banks (UCBs) with assets of ₹2,000 crore or more?
A) 30 June 2021
B) 31 December 2020
C) 31 March 2021
D) 31 December 2021
- Which space agency’s Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) finished its primary mission, imaging about 75% of the starry sky as part of a two-year-long survey?
- IN August 2020, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan committed how much amount to expand Unified Champion Schools (UCS) to six countries – India, Argentina, Egypt, Pakistan, Romania and Rwanda?
A) USD 10 million
B) USD 25 million
C) USD 1 5 million
D) USD 20 million
- Which state/UT government signed a tri-partite agreement to carry out world-class German dual vocational education and training in the Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) of the state?
B) New Delhi
C) Jammu and Kashmir
D) Himachal Pradesh
- Which state government launched Karma Sathi Prakalpa Scheme to provide soft loans, subsidies to unemployed youth?
B) West Bengal
D) Arunachal Pradesh
- Which state government launched `YSR Cheyutha’, an entrepreneurship scheme for SC/ST women empowerment?
C) Andhra Pradesh
D) Tamil Nadu
- Which state/UT government launched the Artificial intelligence for Agricultural Innovation (AI4AI) programme to boost agricultural developments?
- In which state is a price monitoring and resource unit (PMRU) set up under the aegis of the National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA)?
- In which city, two over bridges have been named after late Arun Jaitley and Sushma Swaraj?
- How much worth of Line of Credit has been provided by India to Maldives for the implementation of Greater Male Connectivity Project?
A) $ 400 million
B) $ 600 million
C) $ 500 million
D) $ 200 million
- How much fund has been extended to Antigua and Barbuda and each Caribbean (CARICOM) country by India to combat the COVID-19 outbreak?
A) $ 5 million each
B) $ 1 million each
C) $ 2 million each
D) $ 4 million each
- Which portal has been launched by the Defence Minister Rajnath Singh which is a one stop shop online portal that provides access to the vendors to take up items for indigenization?
- The first-of-its-kind, Katra (Jammu and Kashmir)-Delhi Express Road Corridor estimated at a cost of Rs 35,000 crore will be completed by which year as announced by Union Minister Jitendra Singh?
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority situated?
A) New Delhi
- Where is the HQ of Fiserv situated?