Current Affairs 16 December 2017 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 15 December 2017 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of December 15, 2017
- The Supreme Court of India has extended the deadline for mandatory linking of Aadhaar card with bank accounts, mobile numbers and various other government schemes by______
A) February 28, 2018
B) April 30, 2018
C) March 31, 2018
D) May 1, 2018
Explanation: The Supreme Court agreed with the Centre’s submissions and set the deadline of linking of Aadhaar card with bank accounts, mobile numbers and various other schemes as March 31, 2018. Earlier the deadline for linking with mobile was February 6, 2018.
- Name the first ever mobile app launched by Mumbai Metro One to enhance the safety of commuters
Explanation: Mumbai Metro One launched the first mobile security product, “SecuCare” app to make commuters more secure. With the help of this app, a commuter can click pictures or make videos which will get directly transmitted to the Central Security Control Room of the Metro Corporate Centre in DN Nagar, along with the commuter’s train and exact physical location.
- The Government of India has given its approval for the establishment of an International Training Centre for Operational Oceanography by UNESCO in which city?
B) New Delhi
Explanation: The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the establishment of an International Training Centre for Operational Oceanography in Hyderabad by Unesco. The establishment of Unesco Category-2 centre will provide an opportunity for India to emerge as a leading country in the Indian Ocean.
- The Union Home Ministry has set new time deadline for ATM replenishment due to the ever increasing cash van robbery cases in the country.What is the new time deadline in urban areas?
A) 9 p.m
B) 10 p.m
C) 6 p.m
D) 11 p.m
Explanation: In view of spate of cash van robberies across the country earlier, the Union Home Ministry has proposed a new draft standard operating procedures (SOP) for replenishing ATMs, setting a deadline for 9 p.m. in urban areas, 6 p.m. in rural areas and 4 p.m. in Maoist-affected areas.
- NASA scientists have recently discovered an eighth planet orbiting the Kepler-90 system using NASA’s Kepler Space Telescope. Name the newly spotted planet.
Explanation: NASA has announced the discovery of an eight planet orbiting Kepler-90, a star comparable to the Sun located 2,545 light-years from the Earth. With eight planets, the Kepler-90 system equals our own system in terms of the number of planets orbiting a single star. Astronomers have yet to detect a system with more than eight planets.
- Which country hosted the Eleventh World Trade Organization (WTO) Ministerial Conference (MC11)?
Explanation: The Eleventh World Trade Organization (WTO) Ministerial Conference (MC11) was held in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu had led the Indian delegation in the conference.
- The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has tightened its order for ban on the use, sale manufacture of plastic items in Haridwar and Rishikesh and has imposed a fine of Rs _____ on violators.
A) Rs 5000
B) Rs 6000
C) Rs 7000
D) Rs 10000
Explanation: The National Green Tribunal (NGT) reiterated its 2015 order banning the use, sale, manufacturing and storage of plastic items in the pilgrimage towns of Haridwar and Rishikesh in Uttarakhand. The tribunal ordered a fine of Rs 5,000 on the violators.
- In order to boost digital payments, the government has decided to waive Merchant Discount Rate (MDR) on all debit card/BHIM UPI/ AePS transactions of up to ______
A) Rs 1500
B) Rs 2000
C) Rs 2500
D) Rs 1000
Explanation: To encourage widespread usage of digital payments, the government has decided that no Merchant Discount Rate (MDR) charges will be levied on debit card transactions of up to Rs 2,000. Merchant Discount Rate (MDR) applicable on all debit card/BHIM UPI/ AePS transactions up to and including a value of Rs 2000 will be be borne by government for 2 years with effect from 1 January, 2018 by reimbursing same to the banks.
- The 3rd edition of the World Telugu Conference has been organized in which city?
Explanation: The third World Telugu Conference began in Hyderabad, Telangana. The aim of the Conference is to promote Telugu and its literature besides helping the present generation learn more about Telugu language and its rich culture and heritage.
- Who has been elected to be the next President of Indian Olympic Association (IOA) for 2018-22 session?
A) Rajeev Mehta
B) Narinder Batra
C) Rakesh Gupta
D) R.K. Anand
Explanation: International Hockey Federation (FIH) chief Narinder Batra was elected the president of Indian Olympic Association (IOA) in an Annual General Body Meeting. He will succeed N Ramachandran.
- What is the official name of the recently unveiled Beijing 2022 Winter Olympic emblem?
A) Flying High
C) Winter Dream
D) Water Cube
Explanation: The emblems of the Beijing 2022 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games, respectively named “Winter Dream” and “Flight,” have been unveiled in Beijing, China.
- Who has been honoured with the 2017 BBC Overseas Sports Personality of the Year?
A) Usain Bolt
B) Roger Federer
C) Rafael Nadal
D) Muhammad Ali
Explanation: Roger Federer has been voted BBC overseas sports personality of the year for a record fourth time.
Static GK Based on Current Affairs
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization is headquartered at____
A) Paris France
B) Geneva, switzerland
C) Washington DC, United States
D) London, United Kingdom
- Who is the Union Minister of Commerce and Industry?
A) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
B) Dharmendra Pradhan
C) Suresh Prabhu
D) Piyush Goyal
- What does R stands for in MDR
Explanation: Merchant Discount Rate
- The Indian Olympic Association was founded in which year?
Explanation: President-Narayana Ramachandran
- The Lal Bahadur Shastri Stadium is in which state?
A) Hyderabad, Telangana
B) Mumbai, Maharashtra
C) Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
D) Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- What is the capital of Argentina?
B) Buenos Aires
Explanation:Currency: Argentine peso
3 Thoughts to “Current Affairs Quiz: December 16, 2017”