Current Affairs Quiz 5 April 2017. This Quiz is divided into two parts. First part contains questions from Current Affairs of 4 April 2017. The Second Part contains Current Affairs Questions from various newspaper of today i.e 5 April 2017. Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper daily to excel in General Awareness section of competitive exam.
Quiz from Current Affairs 4 April 2017 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of April 4, 2017
- Who has been appointed as the new MD and CEO of Indian Bank?
A) M K Bhattacharya
B) Mahesh Kumar Jain
C) S Harishankar
D) Kishor Kharat
Explanation: Kishor Kharat assumes charge as Managing Director and CEO of Indian Bank. Prior to taking up the new role, he was serving as the MD and CEO of IDBI Bank
- Who has been appointed as the new MD and CEO of IDBI bank
A) M K Bhattacharya
B) S Harishankar
C) Mahesh Kumar Jain
D) K Swaminathan
Explanation: Mahesh Kumar Jain assumed change as MD and CEO of IDBI bank. Before his role in IDBI, he was the MD and CEO of Indian Bank.
- Central Government has notified the constitution of NBEM board. What is the full form of NBEM?
A) National Board of Electronic Media
B) National Board of Electric Mobility
C) National Board of Electricity Maintenance
D) National Board of Environment Maintenance
Explanation: The Centre notified the constitution of the National Board of Electric Mobility (NBEM).
- Who will be the chairman of National Board of Electric Mobility (NBEM)?
A) Secretary, Department of Telecommunications (DOT)
B) Secretary, Department of Electronics and Information Technology
C) Secretary, the Department of Heavy Industry
D) Secretary, Department of Public Enterprises
- India and Malaysia has tied up for skill development and to ensure 35 per cent skilled Malaysian workforce by ______
Explanation: The Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII) has tied up with Human Resource Development Fund under Ministry of HRD, Malaysia, for skill development, and assist the South-East Asian country in its target of ensuring 35 per cent skilled Malaysian workforce by 2020.
- India and UK will launch a ______ joint fund for green energy.
A) 250 mn pound
B) 240 mn pound
C) 260 mn pound
D) 220 mn pound
Explanation: India-UK launch 240 mn pound joint fund for green energy
- What will be India’s share in the contribution in the 240 mn pound joint fund for green energy between Indian and UK?
A) 120 million pounds
B) 100 million pounds
C) 140 million pounds
D) 80 million pounds
Explanation: India and Britain agreed to jointly set up a fund with corpus contributions of 120 million pounds each to finance Indian infrastructure projects
- Jhargram has been declared as the _____ district of West Bengal
Explanation: Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee declared Jhargram as the 22nd district of West Bengal, fulfilling a longstanding demand of its residents. She announced that April 4 will henceforth be celebrated as Jhargram Divas.
- Who is the author of the book titled “The Entrepreneur’s Guidebook “?
A) Piyush Goya
B) Subramanian Swamy
C) Ratan Tata
D) Suresh Bharwani
Explanation: Titled “The Entrepreneur’s Guidebook,” the book is authored by Suresh Bharwani, Chairman and Managing Director of Jetking Infotrain Limited.
- Who has been appointed as the Chairman of Amateur Circle Kabaddi Federation of India (ACKFI)?
A) Anup Kumar
B) Ram Bilas Sharma
C) Deepak Nivas Hooda
D) Dharmaraj Cheralathan
- Which city has become the second kerosene-free city?
Explanation: Chandigarh became the second kerosene-free city, after Delhi, indicating the country’s gradual shift away from the polluting fossil fuel, helped by increased supply of cleaner cooking fuel like liquified petroleum gas (LPG) and progress in rural electrification.
- Delhi Metro’s solar rooftop plants has been registered under the _______ with the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
A) very small scale category
B) small scale category
C) medium scale category
D) large scale category
Explanation: The Delhi Metro’s solar rooftop plants has become the first of its kind green project to be registered with United Nations on climate change for any metro or railway system in the world. The clean development mechanism project has been registered with the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) under the ‘small scale category’ for facilities with an installed solar capacity of less than 15 MW
- ICRA has awarded Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited with ____ rating for its claims paying ability.
Explanation: Credit rating body ICRA awarded Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited, one of India’s leading private sector General Insurance Company, with ‘iAAA’ rating for its claims paying ability. The ‘iAAA’ rating is the highest for claims paying ability for an insurance company in the industry
- What is India’s rank in world doping chart released by World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) for 2015?
Explanation: India has been ranked third for the third year in a row in a doping violation report published by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) for 2015, with 117 athletes from the country being punished after testing positive for banned substances.
- 2018 Winter Olympics will be held in _____.
Explanation: 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics. The National Hockey League will not take part in the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics. It would finalize its 2017-18 season schedule without a Winter Games break.
- Brayan Jimenez who has been banned by FIFA was the President of which of the following Football Association?
A) Union of North African Federations
B) South Asian Football Federation
C) Guatemalan Football Association
D) Leeward Islands Football Association
Explanation: FIFA’s ethics committee has banned former Guatemalan Football Association president Brayan Jimenez from all football-related activities for life on corruption charges.
- Who has been chosen for the 2017 UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize?
A) Khadija Ismayilova
B) Dawit Isaak
C) Mazen Darwish
D) Reeyot Alemu
Explanation: Dawit Isaak, an imprisoned Eritrean-Swedish journalist, has been chosen to receive the 2017 UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize.
- Kishori Amonkar who passed away recently was a/an ______
Current Affairs Quiz from Today’s Newspaper (5 April 2017) – The Hindu
- Uttar Pradesh Government has waived loans of up to Rs _____ for farmers.
A) Rs 50,000
B) Rs 1 lakh
C) Rs 1.5 lakh
D) Rs 2 lakh
Explanation: The Yogi Adityanath-led BJP government in Uttar Pradesh, at its first Cabinet meeting, announced its decision to waive farmers’ loans worth ₹30,729 crore, writing off all farm loans up to ₹1 lakh.
- Thakurani Jatra festival is celebrated in which state?
A) West Bengal
C) Tamil Nadu
Explanation: The famous biennial Thakurani Jatra festival of Berhampur in Odisha got under way late of Sunday night.
- Ballari Thermal Power Station is located in ___.
A) Tamil Nadu
Explanation: Power generation in the Ballari Thermal Power Station (BTPS) near Kuditini may come to a complete halt by April-end due to severe water shortage. Only one unit with a capacity of 500 MW is working now. Two units have been shut down.
- ____ has become the first woman to head the State’s police force of Gujarat.
A) Radhika Patel
B) Geetha Johri
C) Geetika Joshi
D) Radha Ranjan
Explanation: Geetha Johri has been appointed as the DGP in-charge of Gujarat.
- London-headquartered professional services firm EY is set to open its first artificial intelligence centre in which Indian city?
Explanation: London-headquartered professional services firm EY is set to open its first artificial intelligence centre in Mumbai to help its clients figure out the best way to use these emerging technologies.
- What is the rank of Priyanka Chopra in the most-beautiful woman in the world as per a poll conducted by BuzzNet?
Explanation: Second after Beyonce
Click Here for More Current Affairs Quiz
6 Thoughts to “Current Affairs Quiz: April 5, 2017”
thanku suraj sir 🙂
tq sir Ji appki quiz awesome hai ….
Thank You :))
Thanks for the recommendations on credit repair on this particular site. The thing I would offer as advice to people should be to give up the particular mentality that they may buy today and fork out later. As being a society many of us tend to do that for many issues. This includes vacations, furniture, as well as items we want. However, it is advisable to separate your wants out of the needs. While you’re working to raise your credit ranking score you really have to make some trade-offs. For example you are able to shop online to save cash or you can check out second hand outlets instead of high priced department stores for clothing.