The Current Affairs Quiz for 10 February 2017 has been framed from various Newspapers of the same day. Check if you have read the Newspaper properly today by answering the questions of our Current Affairs Quiz. It will help you to prepare for various upcoming competitive examinations.
- Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) will increase its equity investment limit from 10% to ___ % from the next fiscal year?
Explanation: 15% . From the next fiscal year EPFO can invest up to 15% of its incremental deposits in the stock market.
- Government of India on 9 February 2017 appointed three part-time directors on the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) board. Who among the following is not appointed as the director?
A) Shri Manish Sabharwal
B) Dr. Rajiv Kumar
C) Shri Sunil Mitra
D) Dr. Ashok Gulati
Explanation: The Centre on 9 February 2017 appointed three part-time non-official directors on the Reserve Bank of India’s Central Board for a four-year term. The Central Government has nominated Dr. Rajiv Kumar, Dr. Ashok Gulati and Shri Manish Sabharwal
- ________ is going to form an advisory committee on financial technology or fintech-related issues, to facilitate crowdfunding of ‘genuine’ ventures.
D) NITI Aayog
Explanation: Crowd funding : Crowdfunding is a way of raising finance by asking a large number of people each for a small amount of money. The Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is forming an advisory committee on financial technology or fintech-related issues, which would look at safeguards that can be put in place to facilitate crowdfunding of ‘genuine’ ventures and mobilise more household savings into the financial markets.
- As per governments notification with respect to making Aadhaar mandatory for availing subsidised foodgrains, subsidised foodgrains will not be sold to anyone not having Aadhaar after _____
A) 1 April 2017
B) 1 July 2017
C) 30 June 2017
D) 31 July 2017
Explanation: Government on 9 February 2017 made Aadhaar mandatory for availing subsidised foodgrains from the ration shops with a view to better target Rs 1.4 lakh crore subsidy under the food security law. The government issued a notification to this effect but did stop short of saying that subsidised foodgrains will not be sold to anyone not having Aadhaar after June 30.
- Which state government is set to open the country’s first government-run Skills University?
D) Andhra Pradesh
- Who has been awarded with “Dr B C Roy national award for 2016”?
A) Rajeev Singh
B) Dr P Raghu Ram
C) Dr Alok Verma
D) Bidan Chandran
Explanation: Dr P Raghu Ram, president of Association of Breast Surgeons of India, has won the prestigious Dr B C Roy national award for ‘outstanding service in the field of socio medical relief’ for 2016.
- Name the scientist who received the Canadian Governor General’s Medallion for his “contribution to improved agricultural practices and rural development in India and globally.”
A) Prof. Panjab Singh
B) Dr. N.K. Singh
C) Dr. K.V.B.R. Tilak
Explanation: Agricultural scientist M.S.Swaminathan received the Canadian Governor General’s Medallion for his “contribution to improved agricultural practices and rural development in India and globally.” M.S. Swaminathan – is known as “Indian Father of Green Revolution”.
- Writer and artist Gopal Krishna Nayak who passed away recently was a writer of which language?
Explanation: HE was a Kannada writer. He was conferred the Karnataka Nataka Academy award in 2000 for life-time achievement in the field of theatre.
- Who has been appointed as the new President of Somalia
A) Abdullahi Mohamed Farmajo
B) Hassan Sheikh Mohamud
C) Sheikh Bin Zayed Abdullah
D) Abdullah Al Zakir
Explanation: Ex-Prime Minister of Somalia Mohamed Abdullahi “Farmajo” Mohamed beat President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud to become the new President of Somalia.
Capital of Somalia : Mogadishu ; Currency of Somalia : Somali shilling
- Which country celebrated its first ever Women’s Day to fight for gender equality from February 1 to 4?
B) Saudi Arabia