The Current Affairs Quiz for March 15, 2017 has been framed from various Newspapers of the same day. Check if you have read the Newspaper properly today by answering the questions of our Current Affairs Quiz. It will help you to prepare for various upcoming competitive exam.
Quiz from Current Affairs 14 March 2017 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of March 14, 2017
- Manohar Parikkar has been appointed as the Chief Minister of Goa. This is his ____ term as Chief Minister of Goa.
Explanation: He has been the CM from: 24 October 2000 to 3 June 2002
3 June 2002 to 2 February 2005
9 March 2012 to 8 November 2014. Now this is his fourth term.
- Name the first solar power project in India to receive loan under Clean Technology Fund (CTF) from World Bank.
A) Anantpur Ultra Mega Solar Park
B) Kurnool Ultra Mega Solar Park
C) Rewa Ultra Mega Solar project
D) Suchen & Thamar Solar Park
Explanation: The World Bank has agreed to provide loan to develop internal transmission arrangements of the Rewa project. It will provide 25 per cent of the loan amount under its Clean Technology Fund (CTF), where the money will be provided at an interest rate of only 0.25 per cent. This would be the first solar power project of the country to receive a loan under CTF.
- What is the total expenditure of Mission Fingerling launched by government to achieve Blue Revolution?
A) Rs 500 Crore
B) Rs 450 Crore
C) Rs 520 Crore
D) Rs 600 Crore
Explanation: Mission Fingerling with a total expenditure of about Rs. 52000 lakh to achieve Blue Revolution
- Government has decided to set up Banana Research Centre in which district of Bihar?
Explanation: Gorole, Vaishali has been selected for the establishment of Banana Research Centre, keeping in view the ecological conditions of this place.
- Which Indian city has topped the best city as per the Mercer’s Quality of Living rankings 2017?
Explanation: Hyderabad for the third year in a row has emerged as the best city in terms of living standards among Indian cities.
- Name the city which has worldwide topped the best city as per the Mercer’s Quality of Living rankings 2017?
Explanation: Vienna has been ranked at the top globally in a list by consultancy firm Mercer.
- Which company has launched India’s first Mobile Honey Testing Lab?
D) None of these
Explanation: Trusted healthcare major Dabur India Limited inaugurated the first ever Mobile Honey Testing Lab designed specifically to reduce the adulteration in honey and ensure that purity is maintained.
- Which city will host 22nd Asian Athletics Championshipin July 2017?
Explanation: Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar will host the 22nd Asian Athletics Championship to be held in July this year as Ranchi pulled out from hosting the international event. With this, Bhubaneswar will be the third city in India to host the athletics championship after New Delhi in 1989 and Pune in 2013.
- Where is the Birsa Munda Athletics Stadium located?
Explanation: Ranchi, Jharkhand
- The world’s first fluorescent frog has been discovered in?
Explanation: The world’s first fluorescent frog has been discovered in the Amazon basin in Argentina.
Current Affairs Quiz from Today’s Newspaper (15 March 2017)
- Irom Sharmila is from which state?
Explanation: She is from Manipur. She made a political party named People’s Resurgence and Justice Alliance ( PRJA) for the Manipur election.
- Which state topped in the highest computing ability in rural area as per data from NSSO?
B) Tamil Nadu
Explanation: Among the major States, Kerala has the highest computing ability at 32.3% in rural areas, while Chhattisgarh has the lowest, 2.9%. In the urban areas, Kerala is in second position, after Delhi. Tamil Nadu and Punjab are in the middle of the table.
- The Enemy Property (Amendment and Validation) Bill, 2016 has been passed in Lok Sabha. It seeks to amend ____.
A) The Enemy Property Act, 1962
B) The Enemy Property Act, 1964
C) The Enemy Property Act, 1968
D) The Enemy Property Act, 1970
Explanation: The Enemy Property Act, 1968
- This year the Leaders’ Summit was held in Jakarta, Indonesia to commemorate the ____ Anniversary of Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA)
Explanation: The Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) celebrated its 20th Anniversary when Indonesia, as the current Chair of IORA, hosted the first ever IORA Leaders’ Summit on 7 March 2017 in Jakarta under the theme “Strengthening Maritime Cooperation for a Peaceful, Stable, and Prosperous Indian Ocean”.
- A country can leave European Union by triggering ____ of the Lisbon treaty.
A) Article 40
B) Article 50
C) Article 60
D) Article 70
Explanation: Article 50 of the Lisbon treaty sets out how an EU country might voluntarily leave the union.
- What is the Consumer Price Index (CPI) for February 2017?
Explanation: While retail inflation as measured by the Consumer Price Index (CPI) quickened to 3.65%, from January’s 3.2%, according to data from the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, wholesale price inflation accelerated sharply to a 39-month high of 6.55%, a separate release from the Ministry of Commerce and Industry showed. In comparison, the Wholesale Price Index (WPI) based reading was 5.25% in January.
- Singapore Airlines (SIA) and its subsidiary SilkAir have signed an agreement to code share on Indian domestic flights operated by ______.
A) Air India
B) Jet Airways
Explanation: Vistara on Tuesday said it has signed codeshare agreements with Singapore Airlines and SilkAir, which is a regional subsidiary of the flag carrier of the city-state.Under the agreement, SIA will add its ‘SQ’ code to Vistara flights beyond Mumbai and New Delhi to 10 destinations, while SilkAir will add its ‘MI’ designator code to Vistara-operated flights beyond Bengaluru and Kolkata to six destinations.
- Which city will host the BRICS Contact Group on Economic and Trade Issues (CGETI) meeting next week?
C) New Delhi
Explanation: Beijing, China
- Cricketer Mohammad Irfan has been banned over spot fixing issue. He plays for which country?
- Which two Indian companies have been named in the list of world’s most ethical companies by American think tank Ethisphere Institute?
A) NTPC and Wipro
B) Tata Steel and Wipro
C) Tata Steel and TCS
D) TCS and NTPC
Explanation: Two Indian companies, Tata Steel and Wipro, have been named in the list of world’s most ethical companies by American think tank Ethisphere Institute.
One Thought to “Current Affairs Quiz: March 15, 2017”