This Quiz is divided into two parts. First part contains questions from Current Affairs of 19 March 2017. The Second Part contains Questions from various newspaper of today i.e 20 March 2017. Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper daily to excel in General Awareness section of competitive exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 19 March 2017 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of March 19, 2017
- Who has been appointed as the president of All India Bank Officers’ Confederation (AIBOC)?
A) Rajendra Dev
B) Dilip K Saha
C) A.K. Mukherjee
D) Ramdev Verma
Explanation: Dilip K Saha, General Secretary, Punjab National Bank has been elected President, All India Bank Officers’ Confederation (AIBOC) . D Thomas Franco Rajendra Dev, President, All India State Bank Officers’ Federation has been elected as General Secretary at the 11th Triennial Council of AIBOC.
- Dilip Shanghvi has been appointed by RBI in the _______ area local board of RBI.
Explanation: Sun Pharmaceuticals managing director Dilip Shanghvi has been appointed by the central government as a member on the western area local board of Reserve Bank of India.
- Digital Wallet company PayTm has launched its first International wallet in which country?
C) Sri Lanka
Explanation: Online digital wallet maker Paytm has launched its mobile payments services in Canada on March 16. It is the company’s first foray into an international market.
- Finance Ministry has agreed to infuse a capital of Rs 8,586-crore in ___ banks.
Explanation: Coming in support of weak and non-performing public sector banks (PSBs), the Finance Ministry has chalked out a turnaround-linked Rs 8,586-crore capital infusion plan for 10 PSBs.
- What is the deadline set by UIDAI for Aadhar Devices to to adhere to its new encryption standards ?
A) April 1, 2017
B) May 1, 2017
C) June 1, 2017
D) July 1, 2017
Explanation: The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), which implements Aadhaar, said that all devices using its authentication will have to adhere to the new encryption standards from June 1. While two locks exist currently – one at the level of agency and another at UIDAI – the new system will place a third lock on the biometric device itself.
- Where was the International Diamond Conference “Mines to Market 2017” held?
- Which state hosted the International Buddhist Conference 2017?
A) Arunachal Pradesh
Explanation: The three days“International Buddhist Conference” organized by Ministry of Culture and Nava NalandaMahaviahra,Deemed University was inaugurated by His Holiness TheDalai Lama andDr.Mahesh Sharma,Minister of Culture and Tourism today at Rajgir International Buddhist Conference, Bihar.
- Name the first-ever mobile app in the world dedicated to Breast Cancer Awareness.
A) Remove Breast Cancer Now
B) Breast Cancer Treatment
C) ABC of Breast Health
D) Breast Treatment Awareness
Explanation: Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan’s recently launched an app for breast cancer, which is named ‘ABC of Breast Health’.
- Chuck Berry who passed away recently was a/an _____
A) Movie Director
Explanation: Charles Edward Anderson “Chuck” Berry was an American guitarist, singer and songwriter
- Name the first Made in India train launched.
Explanation: India’s first home made train for Western Railway Fleet, Medha was flagged off for its maiden run by the Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu, via videoconferencing from Dadar to Borivali at Lokmanya Tilak Terminus
Current Affairs Quiz from Today’s Newspaper (20 March 2017) – The Hindu
- Which state has lifted economic blockade imposed by the United Naga Council (UNC)
B) Arunachal Pradesh
Explanation: The four-month economic blockade in Manipur, imposed by the United Naga Council (UNC), was lifted following the successful talks between the UNC, the State government and the Centre.
- Brahmaputra river festival titled Namami Brahmaputra will be organized in which state?
A) Arunachal Pradesh
D) West Bengal
Explanation: The five-day Brahmaputra river festival titled Namami Brahmaputra organised by the BJP-led government in Assam, will witness significant participation from China.
- As per the new standards UIDAI has asked Aadhar Vendor to include which of the following features in Aadhar devices by June 1, 2017?
A) Biometric Factor
B) STQC certification
C) 2-Factor Authentication
D) APMC Authentication
- Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. will provide ____ Tejas jets tojoin IAF by 2024
- Name the first Indian cricketer to face 500 balls in Test Cricket.
A) Wriddhiman Saha
B) Virat Kohli
C) Cheteshwar Pujara
D) Lokesh Rahul
Explanation: Pujara faced 525 balls in his 202 run knock. Highest ball faced by any Indian in test match
One Thought to “Current Affairs Quiz: March 20, 2017”
Thanks a lot for sharing this with all folks you actually understand what you are talking about! Bookmarked. Kindly additionally discuss with my web site =). We may have a link alternate agreement between us!