This Quiz is divided into two parts. First part contains questions from Current Affairs of 20 March 2017. The Second Part contains Questions from various newspaper of today i.e 21 March 2017. Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper daily to excel in General Awareness section of competitive exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 20 March 2017 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of March 20, 2017
- Which bank has launched mobile app named Mera iMobile?
A) HDFC Bank
B) Axis Bank
C) State Bank of India
D) ICICI Bank
Explanation: Private sector bank ICICI Bank Ltd announced the launch of a unique mobile banking app ‘Mera iMobile’ for rural customers that will allow them to access banking services as well as information on agri services.
- Uttarakhand high court has recognized which river as living entity of India?
D) Both A and B
Explanation: Uttarakhand High Court recognised river Ganga as the ‘first living entity of India’. Along with Ganges, river Yamuna has also been declared a living entity. As per the decision, the rivers will now be entitled to all rights available to humans as per the constitution
- India’s first private sector township to go cashless is in which state?
B) Andhra Pradesh
Explanation: Essar’s Nand Niketan at Hazira in Surat district of Gujarat has become India’s first private sector township to go cashless, using mobile wallet for performing digital transactions.
- Name India’s longest road tunnel connecting the cities of Jammu and Srinagar in northern Jammu and Kashmir.
A) Gulmarg-Leh tunnel
B) Chenani-Nashri tunnel
C) Basholi-Tangmarg tunnel
D) Ramban-Sopore tunnel
Explanation: India’s longest road tunnel, connecting the cities of Jammu and Srinagar in northern Jammu and Kashmir, would soon open for traffic following a successful trial run on Sunday, March 19. The Chenani-Nashri tunnel is India’s longest road tunnel. This is the first time in India that this (unclear) long tunnel that is nine kilometer long is equipped with state-of-the-art detection systems, state-of-the-art integrated tunnel control system.
- How many India’s have been named in the Young Global Leaders Class of 2017 by the World Economic Forum?
Explanation: Five: Ambarish Mitra(Chief Executive Officer And Founder – Blippar)
Hindol Sengupta (Editor-At-Large- Fortune India)
Rwitwika Bhattacharya-Agarwal (Founder And Chief Executive Officer – Swaniti Initiative)
Shruti Shibulal (Director, Strategy And Development – The Tamara Hospitality)
Vijay Shekhar Sharma (Founder And Chief Executive Officer – Paytm)
- What is the rank of India in World Happiness Report 2017 by United Nation?
Explanation: India ranked 122nd
- Which country has been ranked at top in the World Happiness Report 2017 by United Nation?
Explanation: Norway is at top, followed by Denmark and Iceland
- Which two telecom companies have decided for a merger to form the largest telecom unit in India?
A) Vodafone and Airtel
B) Airtel and Idea
C) Airtel and Telenor
D) Vodafone and Idea
Explanation: Vodafone India and Aditya Birla Group-promoted Idea Cellular announced their much-awaited amalgamation. The new unit will be India’s largest telecom company.
- Who has been appointed as the CEO of Freecharge?
A) Harli Jordean
B) Sindhuja Rajaraman
C) Jason Kothari
D) R. Sridhar
Explanation: E-commerce major Snapdeal announced the appointment of Jason Kothari as the Chief Executive Officer of FreeCharge and a commitment to invest an additional USD 20 million in the company.
- Which country has been ranked as the healthiest country as per the Bloomberg Global Health Index?
Explanation: Italy is on top. While Singapore and Cyprus are the only non-OCED nations to feature in top 20.
- Which airport group has launched world’s fastest free airport Wi-Fi?
A) Manchester Airports Group
B) Dubai Airports
C) GMR Hyderabad International Airport Ltd
D) Flughafen Zürich AG
Explanation: Dubai Airports, which manages both the Dubai International and Al Maktoum International airports, has launched the world’s fastest free Wi-Fi service across its terminals with speeds up to 100 Mbps. Called the ‘WOW-Fi’, the service provides Wi-Fi speed about ten times faster than many households have in the UAE.
- Vidya Pillai is related to which sports/game?
C) Lawn Tennis
Explanation: India’s Vidya Pillai produced a spirited performance before settling for silver in the Ladies World Snooker Championship in Toa Payoh, Singapore.
- Who has won the BNP Paribas Open?
A) Stan Wawrinka
B) Rafael Nadal
C) Roger Federer
D) Dominic Thiem
Explanation: Roger Federer won a record-tying fifth BNP Paribas Open crown on Sunday as he defeated Stan Wawrinka 6-4, 7-5 in an all-Swiss final at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden.
- Chinu Modi who passed away recently was a/an _____ ?
D) None of these
Explanation: Chinu Modi, also known by his pen name, Irshad, was a Gujarati language poet, novelist, short story writer and critic from Gujarat.
- Where is the Indian Wells Tennis Garden located?
A) New Delhi
D) New York
Explanation: Here BNP Paribas Open is held.
Current Affairs Quiz from Today’s Newspaper (21 March 2017) – The Hindu
- Finance Ministry has asked centrally-funded autonomous medical institutions to generate _____ per cent of the additional financial impact incurred on implementing the 7th Pay Commission?
- Who has been awarded with second highest peacetime gallantry award ‘Kirti Chakra’?
A) Praveen Bakshi
B) Vijay Kumar
C) Rohit Suri
D) Vineet Kumar
Explanation: While the second highest peacetime gallantry award ‘Kirti Chakra’ went to a young officer, Major Rohit Suri, who was part of the surgical strikes last year, the seniormost Lieutenant General Eastern Army Commander Praveen Bakshi, who was side stepped in the appointment of the Army Chief, was awarded the Param Vishisht Seva Medal, the highest Distinguished Service Medal.
- Where is the Sri Padmanabhaswamy temple located?
A) Tamil Nadu
C) Andhra Pradesh
Explanation: The Supreme Court on Monday directed the Kerala Water Authority to clean the water tanks of Sri Padmanabhaswamy temple and take measures to stop sewage and construction debris from flowing inside the temple.
- What will be the share of Idea in the Vodafone-Idea merger?
Explanation: As per the terms of the deal, Vodafone will own 45.1% of the merged entity and Idea will have a 26% stake, while the rest will be owned by public shareholders after the merger.
- Bangladesh has decided to observe Genocide Day on ___________ .
A) March 21
B) March 23
C) March 25
D) March 27
Explanation: Bangladesh will observe March 25 as ‘Genocide Day’ from this year, recognizing the “atrocities” committed by the Pakistan army on civilians 46 years ago.
- Which team has won the Vijay Hazare Trophy?
A) Tamil Nadu
Explanation: Tamil Nadu defeated Bengal
3 Thoughts to “Current Affairs Quiz: March 21, 2017”
Whanganui river of new zealand ..1st in world got the status of living entity..
Great website. Lots of helpful info here. I?m sending it to several pals ans also sharing in delicious. And of course, thanks for your effort!