Daily Current Affairs 1 November 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Chenab White Water Rafting Festival Starts At Shibnote, J&K
To promote adventure tourism round the year in Doda district, district administration started Chenab White Water Rafting Festival under ‘Back to Village Phase-4’at Shibnote area of Prem Nagar, 35 km from Doda town.
- The first day of the Festival witnessed great enthusiasm and overwhelming response from the people of the district wherein more than 1,000 people especially the youth attended the event and about 200 participated in the Rafting trip and ATB Ride. The DC along with SSP and other officers also enjoyed the Rafting and ATB rides.
1st ASEAN-India Start-Up Festival 2022 Inaugurated In Indonesia
Dr. Srivari Chandrasekhar, Secretary, Department of Science and Technology, inaugurated the 1st ASEAN-India Start-up Festival (AISF) on 27th October 2022in Bogor, Indonesia, in the presence of Mr. Satvinder Singh, Deputy Secretary-General for ASEAN Economic Community and Ambassador Mr. Jayant Khobragade, Indian Mission to ASEAN (IMA).
- The launch of the first-ever ASEAN-India Start-Up Festival marked the 30th anniversary of ASEAN and India’s relationship. It was hosted by the ASEAN Committee on Science, Technology, and Innovation (COSTI), in collaboration with the Indian Department of Science and Technology (DST), via the Indonesian National Research and Innovation Agency (BRIN) and the IIT Kanpur Start-up Incubation and Innovation Centre (SIIC).
- This festival provides an opportunity for participating delegates from ASEAN and India to connect with businesses and investors from around the world, as well as further strengthen cross-border ties with ASEAN countries in the field of science and technology.
103 Million People Forcibly Displaced Worldwide, Reveals UNHCR Report
The number of people forcibly displaced from their homes due to persecution, conflict, violence, human rights violations and events seriously disturbing public order globally surged to 103 million in the first half of 2022, meaning that one in 77 people on Earth is forcibly displaced, the UNHCR said in Geneva.
- This is an increase of 13.6 million, or 15 per cent, compared to the end of 2021, more than the entire population of Belgium, Burundi or Cuba, according to the latest report from UNHCR released.
- According to the report, the total number of refugees and people in need of international protection worldwide rose by 24 per cent from 25.7 million at the end of 2021 to 32 million by mid-2022. At the end of June this year, more than half (56 per cent) of all refugees were Syrian, Venezuelan or Ukrainian.
India’s Defence Ministry Is World’s Biggest Employer: ‘Statista’ Report
The Defence Ministry of India is ‘World’s Biggest Employer’ with 2.92 million strong personnel, which includes combined active service personnel, reservists and civilian staff, a report by ‘Statista’ mentioned.
- The recent research conducted by Statista (a Germany-based data and statistics firm) has revealed that the Indian Ministry of Defence (MoD) is the world’s largest employer, with a total of 29 lakh (2.92 million) members who work under it. The research further added that the US Department of Defence, is at the second spot with 2.91 million members.
- The published report, titled ‘The World’s Biggest Employers’ shows that Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA), which does not include civilian positions, employs around 2.5 million people.
Dharmendra Pradhan Signs MoU With FIFA And AIFF For Football4Schools
Union Education and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, on behalf of the Ministry of Education, signed an MoU in Mumbai with FIFA and All India Football Federation for the ‘Football4Schools’ initiative in India.
- Sports have been given a place of pride in NEP 2020. Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has laid emphasis on mainstreaming sports with education and Football4Schools program is a step towards translating Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s vision of making sports a way of life as well as creating well-rounded citizens.
Lula Da Silva Defeats Bolsonaro To Return As Brazil’s President For Third Time
Brazil’s Lula da Silva emerged as the country’s new president after he defeated incumbent president Jair Bolsonaro in a fierce voting which was a tight race between the two politicians, CNN reported.
- Widely known as “Lula”, the politician gained 50.83 per cent of the votes, with over 98 per cent of the votes counted in a fiercely contested run-off election whereas his opponent Bolsonaro managed to get 49.17 per cent votes.
IFS Rajesh Ranjan Named As Next Indian Envoy To Ivory Coast
Foreign Service Officer of 2001 batch Dr. Rajesh Ranjan has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Cote d’Ivoire. He is expected to take up the assignment shortly.
- Dr. Ranjan is presently High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Botswana. He will replace IFS officer of 1996 batch Mr. Y. K. Sailas Thangal.
West Bengal’s Lakshmir Bhandar Scheme Bags The SKOCH Award
West Bengal has bagged the prestigious SKOCH award in the women and child development category for its popular ‘Lakshmir Bhandar’ scheme, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said.
- The recognition is for both her government and for the nearly two crore women of the state who have been empowered by the scheme.
- Instituted in 2003, the SKOCH Award is given to best of governance, inclusive growth, excellence in technology and applications, change management, corporate leadership, corporate governance, citizen services delivery, capacity building and empowerment among others
K Sivan, Among 67 To Receive Rajyotsava Awards By Karnataka Awards
Former Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) chairman K Sivan, Karnataka Digital Economy Mission (KDEM) chairman BV Naidu and 65 others were honoured at the 2022 Rajyotsava Awards.
- The list of 67 awardees, as well as 10 organisations that were awarded, was released by the Department of Kannada and Culture. The awards are given out annually to those who have rendered service in various fields.
- Veteran actors Avinash Yelandur and H G Dattatreya were also awarded the prestigious honour. Avinash, who has contributed to the film industry for over 37 years, popularly known for his prominent characters in films across South Indian languages, is happy to receive the Rajyotsava award.
Assam’s Eminent Artist Neel Pawan Baruah Passes Away
Celebrated artist Neel Pawan Baruah breathed his last in Gauhati Medical College & Hospital, Assam at the age of 86.
- The prominent painter and illustrator founded the Assam Fine Arts & Craft Society at Guwahati in 1971 to revive the art of Brindabanivastra, the famous textile painting associated with Mahapurush Srimanta Sankardev.
- In 2021, he was awarded the ‘Assam Sourabh’ award by the Government of Assam.
- Baruah was married to Dipali Borthakur, the ‘Nightingale of Assam’ who passed away on December 21, 2018.