Daily Current Affairs 10 & 11 September for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
J&K LG inaugurates ‘Bangus Adventure Festival’ to boost tourism
Lieutenant Governor of J&K Shri Manoj Sinha inaugurated the ‘Bangus Adventure Festival’, in the Kupwara district of North Kashmir.
- The festival aims to highlight rural and adventure tourism potential of Bangus valley.The festival will promote tribal culture of this premier offbeat destination, provide a platform for local artisans to showcase traditional arts & crafts.
Ahmedabad becomes second city in country to implement emissions trading scheme
The Gujarat government announced that Ahmedabad has become the second city in the country to implement an emission trading scheme (ETS) for particulate pollution that will help in regulating industrial emissions and reduce the state’s pollution levels.
- Live trading involving 118 industries within the scheme commenced on September 1.
- Gujarat’s forest and environment minister Mulubhai Bera inaugurated the first uniform auction for the Ahmedabad ETS market, distributing pollution permits online to all participating industries.
The Gender Snapshot 2023 Report by UN
As the world stands halfway to the end point of the 2030 sustainable development goals, a new UN report brings special focus on older women, their well-being and how they are “central actors” in achieving sustainable development.
- In 2023, women made up 55.7% of people aged 65 and above globally. The ‘Progress on the Sustainable Development Goals: The Gender Snapshot 2023’ report brought out by UN Women and UNDESA finds that older women face higher rates of poverty and violence than older men.
- In 28 of the 116 countries with data, fewer than half of older women have a pension; in 12 countries fewer than 10% had access to a pension.
BANKING & FINANCE
Union Bank of India launches Rupay debit cards for Women and HNIs
Union Bank of India has introduced two new Debit Card variants – a Metal Card for Ultra HNI and one with benefits targeted at women. Both the cards are issued on the Rupay network.
- Besides the metal design, the HNI card will have benefits in the form of insurance cover, subscription to over the top (OTT) channels, international lounge access and merchant-specific discounts.
- Both cards are equipped with near field commnications (NFC) and can be enabled for tap and pay in transit.
AU small Finance launches Zenith metal credit card, shares up
AU Small Finance Bank Ltd has introduced the Zenith + Super Premium Metal Credit Card, expanding its range of banking solutions. This credit card includes features like premium lounge access, personaliSed concierge services, and a welcome with Premium Brand vouchers or Reward Points worth Rs 5000.
- One of the card’s highlight is the Forex markup of 0.99 per cent for international travel, making it advantageous for global transactions. Cardholders also enjoy 16 complimentary BOGO BookMyShow movie tickets, 32 complimentary airport lounge visits, and 4 Meet & Assist Airport Check-ins for enhanced travel comfort.
RBI likely to launch digital rupee pilot for interbank transactions by October
The RBI is likely to launch the pilot of central bank digital currency (CBDC) for transactions for interbank borrowing or call money market by October, the regulator’s executive director Ajay Kumar Choudhary said on the sidelines of the G20 Leaders’ Summit.
- In November 2022, the pilot of the wholesale CBDC, known as the Digital Rupee-Wholesale (e-W), was launched with the use case being limited to the settlement of secondary market transactions in government securities.
- The RBI picked nine banks — State Bank of India, Bank of Baroda, Union Bank of India, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, YES Bank, IDFC First Bank, and HSBC — for its pilot project for wholesale CBDC.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
IIM Indore, NSDC partner to revolutionise Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
IIM Indore and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) have signed a MoU to collaborate on skill development and entrepreneurship initiatives.
- The partnership will focus on developing a unique social impact model, conducting joint research, and building a social/rural entrepreneurship incubator.
Indian archer Jawkar grabs silver in World Cup final
Indian archer Prathamesh Jawkar narrowly missed out on a top spot on the podium in the men’s compound event and settled for a silver after going down to Mathias Fullerton of Denmark in the gold medal match at the Archery World Cup Final 2023 in Hermosillo, Mexico.
- The gold medal match between Jawkar and Mathias Fullerton of Denmark resulted in a tie (148-148). This led to a shoot-off among the finalists. The contest was indeed very close as both finalists scored 10 in the shoot-off. However, Mathias Fullerton’s arrow was closer to the center and was announced the winner.
Praggnanandhaa finishes third, Grischuk takes Open Blitz title
Runner-up in the World Cup R Praggnanandhaa was the best Indian, finishing third overall, while world champion Alexander Grischuk reigned supreme to win the Tata Steel Chess India 2023 Open Blitz title.
- Erigaisi was the second-best Indian, finishing fourth overall with 10 and a half points.D Gukesh, India’s No. 1, finished ninth after six defeats in nine rounds on the final day.
SAFF U-16 Championship: India crowned champions after 2-0 win over Bangladesh in final
India’s U-16 team secured its status as champion of the SAFF U-16 Championship 2023, defeating Bangladesh 2-0 in a high-octane final.
- Bharat Lairenjam found the net in the first half, while Levis Zangminlun sealed the victory with a second-half goal, ensuring a comfortable win for India.