Daily Current Affairs 10 December 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Govt extends Rooftop Solar Scheme till March 2026
The government said the rooftop solar programme has been extended till March 31, 2026, and therefore, subsidy under the programme will be available until the target for the scheme is achieved.
- The statement from the ministry of new and renewable energy said all residential consumers are hereby advised not to pay any additional charges to any vendor on account of fee for application on the National Portal or any additional charges for net-metering or testing which are not prescribed by the respective distribution company.
KCR formally launches Bharat Rashtra Samiti after ECI nod
Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao signed on the dotted line, formalising the transformation of the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) into the Bharat Rashtra Samiti (BRS).
- KCR as the chief minister is popularly known signed the official letter in response to the communication received from the Election Commission of India the previous day.
- The Telangana chief minister hoisted the new party’s flag emblazoned with the map of India and “Bharat Rashtra Samithi” in Telugu and English.
SWAMIH fund gets ₹5000 crore capital infusion from govt
The Union government has infused about ₹5,000 crore in SWAMIH Investment Fund I, helping the fund mark its final close of ₹15,530 crore. The SBICAP Ventures-managed fund invests in stressed residential projects.
- The last-mile financing platform Special Window for Completion of Construction of Affordable and Mid-Income Housing Projects (SWAMIH I), which was set up under the Special Window for Affordable and Mid-Income Housing, aims to provide priority debt financing to complete stressed, brownfield and RERA-registered residential projects.
Britain, Italy and Japan to jointly develop future fighter jet
Britain, Italy, and Japan said, they will jointly develop a future fighter jet that uses artificial intelligence.
- The three nations held out the prospect of cooperation with European and US allies, which are developing their own sixth-generation planes, vowing to maintain interoperability among all the allies against threats from the likes of China.
- The new “Global Combat Air Programme” is slated to produce its first jets by 2035, merging the three countries’ costly existing research into new aerial war technology, from stealth capacity to high-tech sensors.
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI signs currency swap agreement with Maldives Monetary Authority
The Reserve Bank of India has signed a Currency Swap Agreement with the Maldives Monetary Authority (MMA) to enable MMA to make drawals in multiple tranches up to a maximum of $200 million from the RBI.
- This agreement has been signed under the SAARC Currency Swap Framework.The agreement will provide swap support as a backstop line of funding for short-term foreign exchange liquidity requirements.
Eden Hazard announced his retirement from International Football
Belgium captain Eden Hazard has announced his retirement from international football after Belgium’s early exit from the FIFA World Cup 2022. He was the captain of Belgium in the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
- Hazard made his international debut in 2008 and scored 33 times in 126 appearances. He helped Belgium reach the 2018 World Cup semi-finals, where they lost to eventual champions France, and beat England in the third-placed playoff.
Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone, Mondo Duplantis win ‘World Athlete of the Year’ awards
World champion American hurdler Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone and Swedish pole vaulter Mondo Duplantis won the World Athlete of the year awards.
- McLaughlin-Levrone broke the world women’s 400m hurdles record twice while Duplantis set three new world highs this year.
- US-born Swede Duplantis claimed the award for the second time in three years with three world records in 2022 plus the men’s world indoor title in March and the world outdoor gold in July.
Indian-American Krishna Vavilala receives US Presidential Lifetime Achievement Award
US President Joe Biden has recognised Indian-American and a longtime Houstonian, Krishna Vavilala, with the Presidential Lifetime Achievement (PLA) Award, the nation’s highest honour for his contributions to his community and the country at large.
- The Presidential Lifetime Achievement (PLA) Awards, led by AmeriCorps, is an annual event held to honour citizens, who exhibit outstanding character, worth ethic, and dedication to their communities.
Nirmala Sitharaman, Falguni Nayar in ‘World’s 100 Most Powerful Women’ list
Maintaining her position for the fifth time in a row, Finance Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman, was featured in the Forbes’ annual list of the World’s 100 Most Powerful Women. In addition, Biocon Executive Chairperson Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, Nykaa CEO Falguni Nayar, and three more Indian women were also featured in the list.
- Nirmala Sitharaman stood at the 36th position on the list. She was featured in the 37th rank in 2021, 41st in 2020, and 34th in 2019. The young Chairperson of HCL Tech, Roshni Nadar Malhotra was featured on the 53rd position in the list this year.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) Chairperson, Madhabi Puri Buch stood at 54th rank in the list. Whereas, Steel Authority Of India’s first women chairperson Soma Mondal was placed at 67 positions on the list.
- This year, Kiran Mazumdar Shaw ranked 72 on the list, and Nyka CEO Falguni Nayar stood at 89th spot in the Forbes list released.
- Judging the personalities based on media, money, impact, and sphere of influence, this year’s list included 39 CEOs, ten heads of state, and 11 billionaires worth a combined USD 115 billion.