Daily Current Affairs 9 December 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
9th World Ayurveda Congress and Arogya Expo 2022 inaugurated in Goa
The ninth World Ayurveda Congress (WAC) was inaugurated at Panaji, Goa. Addressing the event, Union minister of state for Tourism and Ports, Shipping and Waterways, Shripad Naik said that the spread of Ayurveda worldwide has been facilitated by the setting up of a separate ministry of Ayush by the Centre in 2014.
- The theme for the 9th World Ayurveda Congress (WAC) this year is ‘Ayurveda For One Health’.
- The third edition of the ‘Ayushman’ comic book series was also released at the event. A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) and Rosenberg’s European Academy of Ayurveda, Germany, to facilitate advanced studies in traditional Indian medicine systems.
Karthigai Deepam Chariot festival held in Madurai
The Karthigai Deepam Chariot festival was held at Tiruparangunram in Madurai after a gap of two years due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- This is one of the most important festivals in Madurai which many devotees attend. It is a very old festival and is also celebrated in the neighboring states like Kerala, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
- This festival is very important among the Tamils. This festival is mentioned in the literature of Tamils known as Ahananuru, a collection of poems.
Indian Navy participates in first international fleet review in Bangladesh
The Indian Navy delegation led by Vice Admiral Biswajit Dasgupta, the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Eastern Naval Command and three warships of the Indian Navy participated in the maiden International Fleet Review (IFR) hosted by Bangladesh at Cox’s Bazar.
- With three ships, the Indian Navy contingent was the largest amongst the participating foreign navies in this IFR. The other five participating ships were from China, Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand and US.
- The three ships representing the Indian Navy, the Guided Missile Destroyer INS Kochi, Anti-Submarine Warfare Corvette INS Kavaratti and Offshore Patrol Vessel Sumedha are all indigenously designed and constructed warships.
Opening Ceremony Of International Year Of Millets 2023 Held In Rome
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations, organized an opening ceremony for the International Year of Millets – 2023 (IYM2023) in Rome, Italy.
- An Indian delegation led by Sushri Shobha Karandlaje, Minister of State, Agriculture & Farmers Welfare were present at the opening ceremony. During the event, India’s ceremonial message by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi was conveyed by Sushri Shobha Karandlaje.
BANKING & FINANCE
Spice Money partners with Axis Bank to push financial inclusion in rural India
Fintech player Spice Money has partnered with Axis Bank to facilitate opening of instant, zero balance savings or current accounts for rural citizens through its Adhikari network.
- Through this association, Spice Money aims to bridge the rural-urban divide and bring financial inclusivity by providing access to banking products to the last mile at their doorstep, thereby financially empowering thousands of rural citizens living in the hinterlands of India.
Meghna Ahlawat has been elected as first female president of TTFI
Meghna Ahlawat was elected president of the Table Tennis Federation of India.
- Meghna Ahlawat has been elected its first female President, eight-time national champion Kamlesh Mehta takes over as the new secretary general of the TTFI and Patel Nagender Reddy has been elected as the Treasurer.
- Ahlawat, who is the wife of Haryana deputy chief minister Dushyant Chautala, contested against Gujarat home minister Harsh Sanghvi.
Tata Sons Chairman N Chandrasekaran appointed as the Chairman of B20
Chairman of Tata Sons, N Chandrasekaran has been appointed as the chair of B20 India which represents the entire G20 business community. Chandrasekaran will lead the business agenda during India’s G20 Presidency.
- The Government of India has appointed CII, who assumed charge as the B20 India Secretariat on December 1 and will lead the B20 India process.
- The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in an official statement said that B20 India will commence work on various taskforces and action councils after the inception meeting, scheduled on 22-24 January 2023, culminating into the B20 India Summit in August.
Veena Nair won Prime Minister’s prize in Australia
An Indian-origin teacher in Australia has received the 2022 Prime Minister’s Prize for Excellence in Science Teaching in secondary schools.
- Melbourne-based Veena Nair, who is ViewBank College’s Head of Technology and STEAM project leader, has been awarded for demonstrating practical application of STEAM to students, and how they can use their skills to make a real impact in the world.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
ISRO to develop Spatial Data Infrastructure geoportal for Ladakh
The government of the Union Territory of Ladakh has approached the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), a unit of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) for developing “Spatial Data Infrastructure geoportal ‘Geo-Ladakh’ for UT-Ladakh.
- The project encompasses spatial database generation (water resources, vegetation and energy potential) using remote sensing, geospatial techniques and the development of a Geo-portal for hosting this database.
- The project also aims towards training of UT-Ladakh officials on Geospatial techniques and applications.
ISRO inks MoU with Social Alpha to establish SpaceTech Innovation Network
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with incubator and accelerator Social Alpha, to launch the SpaceTech Innovation Network (SpIN), focused on innovation curation and venture development for the space domain.
- The platform is the first of its kind in India, and is a unique public-private collaboration for startups and small-medium enterprises (SMEs) in the emerging space economy.
- The initiative provides further impetus to the commercialisation of space and is aligned with India’s recent space reform policies. SpIN will focus on three categories, geospatial technologies, mobility as well as aerospace components such as materials, sensors, and avionics.