Daily Current Affairs 11 April 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Punjab govt to provide digital J-Forms to farmers for crop procurement
To ensure transparency, the Punjab government decided to provide digital J-Forms to the farmers across the state from April 1, 2022.
- This move would provide real time access to system generated authentic digital J-Forms to farmers of the state, who could also download it from PMB website https://emandikaran-pb.in, in Arthia Login ID and DigiLocker, a GoI digital document wallet.
- J-Form is the sale receipt of the farmer’s agricultural produce in mandis and was earlier issued manually by arhtiyas. PMB is pioneer in the country to issue e-JForms (for MSP procured paddy and wheat only) during the rabi marketing season and kharif marketing season 2021-22.
Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh launches “Mission Integrated Bio-refineries” to accelerate clean energy
Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh launched a major futuristic (Public Private Participation) PPP mode initiative for ‘Clean Energy’. It is an Integrated Biorefineries Mission with the goal of replacing 10% of fossil-based fuels, chemicals, and materials with bio-based alternatives by 2030.
- Dr Jitendra Singh announces funding opportunity of Hydrogen Valley Platform, which is also a global initiative to optimise the hydrogen demand and supply by onsite generation and utilisation
- The Minister launches three Material Acceleration Platforms (MAP) set up by Department of Science and Technology (DST) on Integrated Clean Energy Material Acceleration Platform on Storage, Integrated Clean Energy Material Acceleration Platform on Materials and Integrated Clean Energy Material Acceleration Platform on Bioenergy and Hydrogen with a total cost of $ 6 Million USD.
ICAI sings MoU with Jammu and Kashmir Govt to promote commerce stream of education
To promote commerce education among students of the Union Territory, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI, has recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Directorate of School Education, Kashmir, DSEK.
- As per reports, the MoU has been signed for a period of five years during the outreach meeting held with principals of Kashmir valley.
- The MoU has been signed to promote commerce education amongst government and government-aided Secondary and Higher / Senior Secondary school students, officials said.
Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying launches One Health pilot project in Uttarakhand
The Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying (DAHD), Government of India has initiated the launch of a pilot project in the state of Uttarakhand to implement the One Health Framework by One Health Support Unit.
- The key objective of the Unit is to develop a national One Health roadmap based on the learnings of the pilot project implementation. Inter-ministerial One Health committee under the chairmanship of Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India has been established to lead the implementation of the One Health Support Unit.
- A Project Steering Committee (PSC) is constituted under the chairmanship of Secretary (AHD), GoI involving representatives from Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, ICAR, civil societies, international development organizations and field practitioners.
Global emissions can be halved by 2030: IPCC
Global emissions can be halved by 2030 with major transitions in the energy sector, including a substantial reduction in fossil fuel use, said an IPCC report released, highlighting that mitigation action needs to be taken now to limit global warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius.
- The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Working Group III report ‘Climate Change 2022: Mitigation of Climate Change’, which was released worldwide, said that in 2010-2019, the average annual global greenhouse gas emissions were at their highest levels in human history.
- Limiting global warming will require major transitions in the energy sector. This will involve a substantial reduction in fossil fuel use, widespread electrification, improved energy efficiency, and use of alternative fuels (such as hydrogen),” the report said.
- Without immediate deep emissions reduction across all sectors, limiting global warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius is beyond reach. However, there is increasing evidence of climate action, said scientists in the latest report.
UK, U.S., Australia agree to work on hypersonics under defence pact
Britain, the United States and Australia agreed to cooperate on hypersonic weapons and electronic warfare capabilities, UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s office said, following a call between leaders of the new defence alliance.
- The three partners of the AUKUS alliance said the joint initiatives will bolster existing efforts to deepen cooperation in numerous areas that they already agreed.
- The alliance, formed last September, aimed at countering China, The had also prompted Australia to cancel a crucial contract for a conventional French submarine in favour of a nuclear submarine program supported by the United States and Britain.
Madagascar joins India-backed Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure
Madagascar has become the 30th country to join the India-backed Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI) that aims to help small island nations develop resilience to deal with the adverse impact of climate change.
- India’s Ambassador to Madagascar Abhay Kumar welcomed the island nation’s entry into the CDRI and said it will help the country in combating natural disasters.
- The CDRI is a global partnership that aims to promote the resilience of infrastructure systems to climate and disaster risks, thereby ensuring sustainable development.
India to aid construction of wastewater treatment plant in Nepal’s Solukhumbu
The Indian embassy in Kathmandu has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Federal Affairs and General Administration, Government of Nepal and Khumbu Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality, Soulukhumbu for the construction of Khumjung Khunde wastewater management project.
- The community development project shall be built under India-Nepal Development Cooperation with the financial assistance of the Government of India at a total estimated cost of Nepali rupees 41.13 million.
- The construction of this project will improve the health and quality of life of the people living in Khumjung village, Solukbumbu providing them with safe water and improved sanitation, which are essential for improving the public health.
BANKING & FINANCE
Union Bank of India to create “Digital Bank within Bank”
The Union Bank of India (UBI) has said it will create a “Digital Bank within Bank” as part of its future ready digital transformation project.
- Under the project, the public sector bank is planning to launch a super app, as per the bank’s regulatory filing.
- Further, a host of digital products — pre-approved personal Loan (PAPL), union cash (pensioner loan), Shishu Mudra loan, MSME loan auto-renewal, agri loan (KCC) auto-renewal, CRM, Soft POS, branch token and mobile app-based deposit module — will be launched.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
HAL hands over Gaganyaan mission hardware to ISRO
The Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) handed over the first set of Gaganyaan hardware to the Indian Space and Research Organisation (ISRO) for India’s maiden manned mission to space.
- HAL has been associated with Isro for India’s prestigious space programmes for the last five decades and has delivered critical structures, tankages, satellite structures for the PSLV, GSLV-Mk II and the GSLV-Mk III launch vehicles.
- Various new projects like the PS2/GS2 integration, semi-cryo structure fabrication and manufacturing of cryo and semi-cryo engines are being taken up at HAL, for which, installation and commissioning of unique infrastructures are nearing completion.
TCS to transform Payments Canada’s payments system
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) said that it has entered into a partnership with Canada’s largest payment organisation, Payments Canada, to transform its payment system operations and help in the implementation of the Real-Time Rail (RTR).
- RTR is a new real-time payments system that will allow Canadian users to initiate payments and receive irrevocable funds in seconds, any time of the day.
- RTR will offer Payments Canada members new ways of paying and getting paid in real-time. It will provide a faster alternative to other payment options, and a new way to pay for goods and services, and transfer money, the company stated.
NTPC inks pact with Gujarat Gas to blend green hydrogen
NTPC signed an agreement with Gujarat Gas (GGL) for blending green hydrogen in Piped Natural Gas (PNG) network of the State government utility at the power producer’s Kawas facility.
- Green hydrogen will be produced by using electricity from the existing 1 megawatt (MW) floating solar project of NTPC Kawas. This will be blended with PNG in a predetermined proportion and used for cooking applications in NTPC Kawas Township.
SEBI introduces concept of ‘Demat Debit and Pledge Instruction’ for transfer of securities mitigating misuse of PoA
SEBI has introduced a new document to replace Power of Attorney (PoA) for the purpose of pledging and repledging of stocks for margin purpose. It is called Demat Debit and Pledge Instruction (DDPI), which will come into effect from July 1.
- Clients can use DDPI to authorise the stock broker and depository participant to access their beneficiary ownership account (BOA) only to meet pay-in obligations for settlement of trades executed by them.
- The use of DDPI will be limited only for two purposes: for the transfer of securities held in the beneficial owner account of the client towards stock exchange related deliveries or settlement obligations arising out of trades executed by such a client. Second will be pledging/re-pledging of securities in favour of the broker to meet margin calls.
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
Tesla CEO Elon Musk Acquires 9.2% Stake in Twitter
Tesla Inc chief executive officer Elon Musk has built a 9.2% stake in Twitter Inc, a regulatory filing showed, sending the micro-blogging site’s shares soaring 16% in premarket trading.
- Elon Musk’s stake in Twitter is considered a passive investment, which means Musk is a long-term investor that’s looking to minimise his buying and selling of the shares.
Indian team clinches SAFF U-18 Women’s Championship title at Jamshedpur in Jharkhand
India emerged as winners of the SAFF U-18 Women’s Football Championship held at Jamshedpur in Jharkhand. In a nail-biting last league match, India lost to Bangladesh, 0-1 but still emerged champions of the tournament on account of better goal difference.
- India enjoyed a better goal difference of 11 in comparison to 3 of Bangladesh.
- The valuable player of the tournament and the highest goal scorer of the tournament was Lynda Kom, who scored five goal goals in the tournament.
Darshan Singh and Varsha Devi Win Maiden SAFF and National Cross Country Men’s and Women’s Titles
Darshan Singh and Varsha Devi won the men’s and women’s 10km crowns of both the SAFF Cross Country Championships and National Cross Country Championships which were held simultaneously in Kohima,Nagaland.
- They tasted international victory right away, despite missing out on the 2020 competition in Sri Lanka, which was first postponed and then relocated .
- Darshan Singh was grouped at the front with his Services teammates Rajendra Nath, Deepak Singh Rawat, Dipak Suhaug, reigning champion Parasappa Madevappa Hajilol, and Railways Narendra Pratap Singh even before the runners had completed the first loop of 2 kilometres. He never lost his beat or his place.
La’eeb unveiled as official mascot for FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022
FIFA has unveiled La’eeb as the official mascot for this year’s FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022.
- La’eeb is an Arabic word meaning super-skilled player. “He belongs to a parallel mascot-verse that is indescribable – everyone is invited to interpret what it looks like. La’eeb encourages everyone to believe in themselves as ‘Now is All’.
Indian Billionaire Gautam Adani Overtakes Mukesh Ambani as Asia’s Richest Person: Bloomberg
In accordance with the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Gautam Adani net worth reached $88.5 billion overtaking Mukesh Ambani’s $87.9 billion becoming Asia’s richest person.
- With a nearly $12 billion jump in his personal wealth, he has become the 10th richest person in the world.
- Globally Elon Musk was named as the world’s richest person with a total net worth of $235 Billion. He was followed by Jeff Bezos with a total net worth of $183 Billion & Bernard Arnault with a total net worth of $168 Billion.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Book on Birsa Munda released by Dharmendra Pradhan
Union Minister of Education and Skill Development, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan released a book titled “Birsa Munda – Janjatiya Nayak”.
- The book has been written by Prof. Alok Chakrawal, Vice-Chancellor, Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya, Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh.
- This book is a comprehensive attempt to bring to the fore the struggle of Bhagwan Birsa Munda and the contribution of forest dwellers in the freedom movement.
“Tiger of Drass: Capt. Anuj Nayyar, 23, Kargil Hero” book by Meena Nayyar & Himmat Singh Shekhawat
The book titled “Tiger of Drass: Capt. Anuj Nayyar, 23, Kargil Hero” written by Meena Nayyar & Himmat Singh Shekhawat has been released recently.
- The book features the story of Capt. Anuj Nayyar (23 years old), who martyred during the 1999 Kargil War while fighting to secure the Drass sector which was critical to the success of Operation Vijay and India’s victory in Kargil. Captain Anuj Nayyar was honoured with the Maha Vir Chakra (posthumously), the second-highest gallantry award in 2000.