Daily Current Affairs 12 & 13 November for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Uttarakhand set to become the first state to implement Uniform Civil Code
Uttarakhand is reportedly set to become the first state in the country to implement the Uniform Civil Code.
- The state government will hold a special session of the state assembly post-Diwali to clear the Uniform Civil Code (UCC) Bill which would pave the way for its implementation in the state.UCC is also expected to have strong recommendations for live-ins, polygamy and polyandry ban and raising the marriage age of girls.
- A five-member panel headed by retired Supreme Court judge Ranjana Desai completed a draft report for Uttarakhand’s Uniform Civil Code in June.
Union Skill Development Ministry Signs MoUs for Aviation Training : Dassault Aircraft Services and HAL Among Collaborators
Union Skill Development Ministry signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with Dassault Aircraft Services India Private Limited (DASI) for providing long-term training in the aviation sector.
- The training will be provided at the Indian Institute of Skills (IIS), Kanpur. The IIS is being set up by the ministry to enhance the quality of skilling and to provide high-end skilling in new age courses.
- Another MoU was signed with Hindustan Aeronautical Limited to provide training on computer numerical control machines. One more MoU was signed with Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur which is providing knowledge partnersnip to IIS.
India & Netherlands signs MoI for cooperation on medical product regulation & enhance quality of medical products at Hague in Netherlands
India and Netherlands have signed a Memorandum of Intent (MoI) for cooperation on medical product regulation and enhance the quality of medical products and health care services for both countries, at Hague in Netherlands.
- The MoU was signed during the meeting between Union Minister of State for Chemicals and Fertilizers Bhagwant Khuba and Minister of Health, Welfare and Sports of Netherlands, Ernst Kuipers. An Indian delegation led by Mr Khuba is in Netherlands to participate in the second World Local Production Forum (WLPF) meeting being held in the Hague.
14th International Conference of NHRIs held at Copenhagen, Denmark
A delegation from the National Human Rights Institution (NHRI), headed by H.E. Maqsoud Kruse, Chairperson of the NHRI, participated in the 14th International Conference of National Human Rights Institutions, titled “Torture and Other Ill-treatment: The Role of National Human Rights Institutions” held in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- India’s National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) Chairperson Justice Arun Mishra addressed the 14th International Conference of the National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs) at Copenhagen, Denmark.
- The conference focused on the role of NHRIs in addressing and preventing torture, was an opportunity to reaffirm individual and collective commitments to ensuring the right of all persons to freedom from torture and other forms of ill-treatment.
Minister Bhupender Yadav Announces India’s Removal from Red Sanders Tree Trade Review, Boosting Wildlife Conservation Efforts
Environment, Forest and Climate Change Minister, Bhupender Yadav said that the recently concluded Standing Committee meeting in Geneva of Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) proved to be a major boost for India’s wildlife and ecosystem conservation efforts.
- The Minister said that based on India’s compliance and reporting, India has been removed from the Review of Significant Trade (RST) for Red Sanders tree. He further added, this development will help in motivating farmers to grow more red sanders trees as a source of sustainable income.
First ever Myanmar- Russia Maritime Security Exercise (MARUEX) conducted in Andaman Sea concludes
The first ever Myanmar- Russia Maritime Security Exercise (MARUEX) conducted in Andaman Sea concluded.
- The drills focused on the “prevention of air, water surface and underwater dangers, and maritime security measures”. The exercise aimed to strengthen naval cooperation between both the countries.
- Ahead of the historic event, Myanmar military leader Senior General Min Aung Hlaing met Russia’s navy chief Admiral Nikolai Evmenov to extend support. The countries share close ties with Russia being the top arms supplier to the Southeast Asian nation.
BANKING & FINANCE
Asian Development Bank commits $400 million to India’s sustainable urban development
The central government signed a USD 400 million policy-based loan with the Manila-based Asian Development Bank (ADB) to support its urban reform agenda to create high-quality urban infrastructure, improve service delivery, and promote efficient governance systems.
- While Sub-programme 1 approved in 2021 with a financing of USD 350 million established national-level policies and guidelines to improve urban services, Sub-programme 2 supports investment planning and reform actions at the state and urban local body (ULB) levels, the finance ministry said.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Morgan Stanley sees India GDP growth near 6.5% in FY24 and FY25
Morgan Stanley Research said it expects India’s economic growth at around 6.5% for FY2024 and FY2025, citing strong domestic fundamentals.
- The research arm of the investment bank, in its 2024 India Economics Outlook, said the domestic demand supported by strength in corporate and financial sector balance sheets and the follow-through of policy reform measures will aid India’s growth amid a global slowdown.
- The latest forecast from Morgan Stanley comes amid an escalation of conflict in Israel that threatens to impact oil prices.
UP govt achieves 6th Guinness World Record by lighting 22.23 lakh diyas on Deepotsav
The Uttar Pradesh government achieved the sixth Guinness World Record by lighting 22.23 lakh diyas on Deepotsav at 51 ghats of Ayodhya, including the Ram Ki Paidi.
- The temple town broke its own world record of 15.76 lakh Diyas lit last year on the Diwali eve. After the counting of lamps done by drone, ‘Deepotsav 2023’ has entered the Guinness Book of World Records, a release said.
18 Products from Uttarakhand bag GI tags
From a local brick-tea to textiles made from a Himalayan plant, over 18 products from Uttarakhand have been given the coveted GI tag by the Geographical Indications Registry.
- The 18 local products of Uttarakhand which will get GI tag are: Manduwa, Jhangora, Gahat, Red Rice, Kala Bhatt, Malta, Chaulai, Ramdana, Lakhori Chilli of Almora, Pahari Tor Dal, Buransh Sharbat, Aadu, Litchi, Berinag Tea, Malta, Nettle Fiber, Candle of Nainital, Kumaoni Pichora, Chamoli Ka Mask and Wood Art.