Daily Current Affairs 14 November for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Centre unveils PM Kisan Bhai to end traders’ monopoly
The Indian government, through the Ministry of Agriculture, is gearing up to launch a groundbreaking initiative aimed at supporting small and marginal farmers who face challenges in storing their produce while waiting for optimal market conditions.
- The proposed PMKisan Bhai (Bhandaran Incentive) scheme is designed to empower farmers by breaking the monopoly of traders in determining crop prices.
- With a deadline for feedback now closed, the scheme is expected to be rolled out by the end of December, signaling a potential shift in the dynamics of agricultural trade in the country.
Indian Red Cross Society signs MoU with NCC for rendering better services in Andhra Pradesh
The Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS) and the National Cadet Corps (NCC) have entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to extend more services to the needy during emergencies in the State.
- Under the agreement, all NCC cadets will be motivated to enrol as Youth Red Cross Volunteers. AP Red Cross will impart NCC cadets skills in first aid, CPR, disaster relief. The cadets will be encouraged to donate blood in emergencies and support ecological activities to counter climate change.
Dashboard: Govt launches portal for real-time, prompt and effective Parliament business
Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science & Technology, MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh launched the software application “Dashboard” portal of the Ministry of Science & Technology for real-time, prompt and effective Parliament business including Parliament Questions, Acts of Parliament and Gazette Notifications of Govt. of India as well as Cabinet Notes.
- Dr Jitendra Singh said, the new portal should serve as a dashboard for all activities of DST. He called upon the DST officials to make use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven technology to analyse Parliament Questions on various parameters including member’s profile.
India leads in acquiring foreign citizenship, remains top country of origin for new migrants
According to an OECD report, Indians are the largest group acquiring rich-country citizenship. More Indians are migrating to developed nations, with nearly 4 lakh of moving to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) member countries in 2021.
- The OECD’s International Migration Outlook: 2023 report, which was released in Paris on October 23, also showed that Canada saw the biggest increase in accepting migrants, logging a 174 percent jump between 2021 and 2022.
- In 2021, around 1.3 lakh Indians acquired citizenship of an OECD member country, while China came in fifth with around 57,000 Chinese acquiring OECD country citizenships. The top three countries in the OECD that handed out passports to Indian immigrants in 2021 were the US, Australia, and Canada.
BANKING & FINANCE
Mobikwik’s Zaakpay gets RBI’s in-principle nod to operate as payment aggregator
Mobikwik’s payment gateway arm Zaakpay has finally received in-principle authorisation from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to operate as a payments aggregator. The in-principle approval comes two years after the Gurugram-based payments company filed its application with the RBI.
- The in-principle approval comes two years after the Gurugram-based payments company filed its application with the RBI. Mobikwik had applied for the payments aggregator licence in 2021, but was rejected by the regulator. The firm re-applied in October last year.
- The RBI’s in-principle authorisation will enable Zaakpay to onboard new merchants onto its platform for processing of online payments.
IndusInd Bank unveils a significant partnership with Viamericas in support of the newly reimagined IRF platform
IndusInd Bank announced changes in lifestyle, veiled an exciting strategic partnership with Viamericas Corporation, aimed at providing cutting-edge digital inward remittance services to non-resident Indians (NRIs) residing in the United States.
- Leveraging the power of IndusInd Bank’s ‘Indus Fast Remit’ platform, this collaboration opens the door for NRIs to access highly competitive exchange rates when sending digital inward remittances to India.
- The Indus Fast Remit platform offers NRIs the flexibility to initiate remittance transactions using the auto-debit payment method (Automated Clearing House – ACH) or by transferring funds directly from their overseas bank accounts.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Jio and OneWeb secure licences for satellite internet services in India: Report
Jio Satellite Communications Ltd and Eutelsat OneWeb have been granted the requisite licences to provide satellite internet services in India. Both companies hold the GMPCS (Global Mobile Personal Communication by Satellite) licence, alongside a pan-India ISP (Internet Service Provider) licence.
- As reported by the Financial Express, the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) allocated ISP-A and a VSAT (Very Small Aperture Terminal) licence to OneWeb. The report states that Jio secured the ISP licence in October.
- Jio showcased JioSpaceFiber at the India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2023, while Airtel’s booth featured solutions from Eutelsat OneWeb. It is evident that Jio Satellite Communications and Eutelsat OneWeb are poised to be the first companies to launch satellite internet services in India, with a primary focus on enterprises.
Airgun Surrender Abhiyan initiative of Arunachal Pradesh Govt selected as India’s best success story on wildlife conservation to present in UNESCO’s International Conference
The Airgun Surrender Abhiyan initiative of Arunachal Pradesh Government has been selected as India’s best success story on wildlife conservation to present in the UNESCO’s International Conference on Biosphere Reserves held at Sabah, Malaysia.
- Dr. Damodhar A.T. represented India on the occasion and presented India’s country report along with the success story in this UNESCO’s International Conference and meeting on Biosphere Reserves.
UST wins 2023 Mahatma Awards for impactful CSR initiatives
UST, a leading digital transformation solutions company, has been recognized by the 2023 Mahatma Awards for its sustainable and impactful contributions to corporate social responsibility (CSR). This latest recognition has further solidified UST’s position as a global industry leader in CSR initiatives.
- An initiative of Aditya Birla Group, the award was presented on Mahatma Gandhi’s birth anniversary, celebrating UST’s commitment to societal upliftment in areas like education, health, livelihood, environment, and disaster relief.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Pakistan launches Ghauri ballistic missile in test of readiness
Pakistan has successfully conducted a training launch of a Ghauri medium-range ballistic missile.
- The purpose of the launch is “aimed at testing the operational and technical readiness of Army Strategic Forces Command (ASFC),” the statement said.
- This training launch of the Ghauri Weapon System took place days after the US imposed sanctions on three Chinese companies for supplying missile-applicable items for Pakistan’s ballistic missile programme.