Daily Current Affairs 13 April 2023 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
National Museum of Natural History and State Museum, Lucknow sign MoU to work for environment education and conservation
National Museum of Natural History (NMNH), New Delhi and State Museum, Lucknow signed an MoU to work together in the direction of environment conservation and environment education among the masses.
- Under the MoU, multi-dimensional efforts will be made in organizing programmes for school and college students to create awareness about nature.
Nepal, India to sign cross-border digital payments deal to boost trade and tourism
Nepal and India are preparing to sign an agreement to allow cross-border digital payments through e-wallets, a move that is expected to boost trade and tourism between the two countries by eliminating currency exchange issues.
- The accord, expected to be signed during Nepali Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal’s visit to India, will allow Indian tourists in Nepal to make digital payments through Indian e-wallets like BharatPe, PhonePe, Google Pay, and Paytm.
- The launch of digital payment services will eliminate the hassle of carrying large amounts of cash for Indian tourists and businessmen in Nepal and is expected to increase inter-operable real-time person-to-person (P2P) and merchant payment transactions (P2M) in Nepal.
BANKING & FINANCE
Canara Bank, Bharat BillPay tie up for cross-border bill payments for Indian diaspora in Oman
Canara Bank and NPCI Bharat BillPay Ltd (NBBL) have announced the launch of cross-border inward bill payment services for Indians based in Oman.
- NRIs can now leverage the robust platform offered by the Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) to make bill payments on behalf of their families through the Musandam Exchange, a statement said.
YES Bank first Indian company with over 50 lakh shareholders
Private sector lender YES Bank has become the first Indian company to have over 50 lakh shareholders, according to the shareholding pattern of the bank on March-end.
- Tata Power was a far second with 38.5 lakh shareholders, followed by Reliance Industries with 33.6 lakh shareholders, according to the December 2022 shareholding disclosures.
Fasal ties up with SBI to help farmers get easy access to loans
Agri-tech company Fasal announced its partnership with State Bank of India (SBI), aimed to provide farmers with easy access to capital.
- The partnership will help solve cash-flow constraints during key cycles in farming by providing quick, easy, and collateral-free loans at very competitive rates.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Solar Energy Corporation of India gets ‘Miniratna Category-I’ status
The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has granted Miniratna Category-I Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) status to the state-owned Solar Energy Corporation of India Ltd (SECI), according to a statement.
- SECI, which was established in 2011, is the primary implementing agency for renewable energy schemes/projects of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy aimed at fulfilling India’s international commitments.
- SECI has played a Central role in the rapid increase of RE generation capacity in the country and has contributed towards the nation’s climate commitments, carbon emission reduction strategies and sustainable energy transition.
India’s economic growth projected to decelerate to 6% in 2023 from 6.6% in 2022: UN
As per the latest Trade and Development Report Update released by the United Nations Trade and Development Conference (UNCTAD), India’s economic growth is expected to slow down from 6.6% in 2022 to 6% in 2023.
- The report also predicts a decline in global growth in 2023 to 2.1% from the previously projected 2.2% in September 2022. However, this projection is based on the assumption that the adverse impact of higher interest rates on the financial sector is limited to the first quarter’s bank runs and bailouts.
Sebi logo gets a new look on 35th foundation day
The regulator of the securities market, SEBI, unveiled a new logo. In the presence of former Chairmen, former and current Full Time Members of SEBI, the new logo was introduced during a ceremony held at the SEBI Head Office in Mumbai on the occasion of 35th SEBI Foundation Day on April 12,2023.
- The new logo retains the traditional blue palette but also reflects on a more modern design.
- Unveiling the logo, SEBI Chairperson, Ms. Madhabi Puri Buch said “SEBI’s new logo seeks to reflect the unique combination of rich traditions of SEBI and new data and technology-based approach to all the three areas of its mandate in the securities market-Development and Regulation of the Securities Market and Investor Protection.
Amit Shah to confer ‘Maharashtra Bhushan’ on Appasaheb Dharmadhikari
Union Home Minister Amit Shah will confer the ‘Maharashtra Bhushan’ Award on renowned social worker and reformer Dattatreya Narayan Dharmadhikari, alias Appasaheb Dharmadhikari on April 16, Chief Minister Eknath Shinde has said.
- Shah will come down for a special function at the Corporate Park at Kharghar suburb of Navi Mumbai, in a grand function, said Shinde after a high-level preparation meeting held in Rai gad.
V D Savarkar’s birthday will be celebrated as ‘Swatantrya Veer Gaurav Din’ in Maharashtra
The Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Eknath Shinde, has declared that May 28, the birth anniversary of freedom fighter Vinayak Damodar Savarkar, will be celebrated as ‘Swatantrya Veer Gaurav Din’.
- The state government will commemorate the occasion by conducting various programs to spread the message of Swatantra Veer Savarkar and several events will be organized to promote the ideas of Swatantra Veer Savarkar on this day.