Daily Current Affairs 13 March 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Govt Launches Scheme to Bring Out-of-school Girls Back to Education System
The Union government has launched Kanya Shiksha Pravesh Utsav to bring out-of-school girls back to the education system. Women and Child Development Secretary Indevar Pandey said as of now, only four lakh out-of-school adolescent girls are visiting the anganwadis for nutrition, nutrition education and skilling.
- Kanya Shiksha Pravesh Utsav is being launched by the Women and Child Development Ministry in partnership with the Education Ministry.
MoS Railways Ravsaheb Danve sanctions Rs 484 cr for electrification of railway tracks between Manmad-Mudkhed route
Minister of State for Railways Ravsaheb Danve sanctioned Rs. 484 crore for the electrification of railway tracks between Manmad- Mudkhed route and to set up subcentre to give connectivity between Rotegaon- Chikhalthana- Jalna – Partur of Marathwada region.
Puducherry Lt. Governor inaugurates digitisation of health records of students
The Union Territory has started digitisation of the health records of students starting from Classes I to XII. Under the digitisation project, the Health Department will feed the personal details of all government school students into a portal to maintain their health records.
- The health care workers after visiting schools for medical screening will upload the health details of the students into the password-driven portal. The health details could be accessed by doctors, teachers and parents of students. The software has been developed with the assistance of Axis Bank, said a Health Department official.
North India’s First Centre for Space Sciences Inaugurated in Jammu Central University
Union Minister Jitendra Singh inaugurated the Satish Dhawan Centre for Space Sciences at the Central University of Jammu, saying the first course, B.Tech in Aviation and Aeronautics, with an intake capacity of 60 students, will start this year.
- The Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office termed the inauguration of the centre a historic day for north India.
- In October 2018, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) had signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Central University of Jammu to set up the centre with facilities for geo-spatial data analysis that will help in sustainable use of natural resources and plan land-use patterns.
BANKING & FINANCE
UCO Bank to acquire 3% stake in debt resolution company IDRCL
UCO Bank has entered into an agreement to acquire a 3 percent stake in India Debt Resolution Company Ltd (IDRCL) for Rs 1.50 crore.
- UCO Bank became one of the stakeholders of IDRCL on March 9, 2022. The bank’s holding in the company will be 3 percent, therefore no approval is required, it said in a regulatory filing.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
EPFO decides to provide 8.10 pc rate of interest to its subscribers in fiscal year 2021-22
Employees Provident Fund Organization has decided to provide 8.10 per cent rate of interest to its subscribers in the fiscal year 2021-22. The apex decision body of EPFO has taken this decision in the 230th meeting of Central Board of Trustees.
Country’s foreign exchange reserves increased by 394 million US Dollars in week ended 4th March
The country’s foreign exchange reserves increased by 394 million US Dollars to 631.92 billion dollars in the week ended March 4. During the reporting week, the gain in the reserves was due to a rise in the foreign currency assets – FCA, a major component of the overall reserves. FCA increased by 634 million dollars to 565.466 billion dollars in the week ended March 4.
Mithali Raj Creates New Record For Most Matches as Captain in ICC Women’s World Cup History
India’s ODI skipper Mithali Raj broke the record for most matches captained in the ICC Women’s World Cup, surpassing former Australian counterpart Belinda Clark.
- Mithali, 39, led the country in 24 World Cup games, claiming 14 victories, 8 losses and one no result. Clark had captained her side in 23 matches.
- Mithali became only the third cricketer and the first woman to appear in six World Cups, joining the iconic Sachin Tendulkar and Pakistani great Javed Miandad.
Former Revenue Secretary AB Pandey appointed as NFRA Chairperson
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has appointed former Revenue Secretary Ajay Bhushan Pandey as the Chairperson of National Financial Reporting Authority (NFRA), the country’s sole independent audit regulator.
- It has also appointed Praveen Kumar Tiwari, a retired Indian Audit and Accounts Service official, and Smita Jhingran, an Indian Revenue Service officer, to the post of full-time members of NFRA.
JK Bank wins National Award for SHG Bank Linkage
In recognition of its best performance in Self Help Group Bank Linkage, Ministry of Rural Development (GoI) has awarded J&K Bank with ‘National Award for Outstanding Performance for FY 2020-21’.
- Meanwhile, keeping its commitment to extend banking facilities and financial services into the under-banked areas of Jammu and Kashmir, J&K Bank has expanded its footprint by commissioning four Business Units (BUs) in the valley.