Daily Current Affairs 15 & 16 October for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Govt launches tradeable Green Credit to incentivise eco-friendly actions
The Government has introduced a special program where an individual or entity can earn green credit and trade it on a dedicated exchange. Green Credit refers to a unit of an incentive provided for a specified activity; delivering a positive impact on the environment.
- A Green Credit programme is being launched at the national level to leverage a competitive market-based approach for green credit for incentivizing environmental actions of various stakeholders.
- This programme is a follow-up action of the ‘LiFE’-(Lifestyle for Environment) campaign. The notification further added that the new programme is a voluntary one.
For school students, government plans to roll out ‘One Nation, One ID’
School students will soon have their own unique identification number, provided of course their parents give consent.
- As part of the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020, the Union ministry of education has planned to create ‘One Nation, One Student ID’ called ‘Automated Permanent Academic Account Registry (APAAR) for every student from pre-primary to higher education. This is in addition to the 12-digit Aadhaar ID that every student has.
- The APAAR ID, an Education Ecosystem Registry or edulocker, is to be treated as a lifelong ID number and will track students’ academic journey and achievements.
Kerala gets its first 3D-print building built in 28 days
Named Amaze-28, Kerala,’s first building built using 3D printing technology has been inaugurated by revenue minister K Rajan, the building, with a 380 sq ft, one-room summer house is in Kerala State Nirmithi Kendra (Kesnik) campus at PTP Nagar of Thiruvananthapuram.
- Designed as a demonstration project, AMAZE-28 – as the summer house is named – was completed in 28 days. The project was carried out by Tvasta, a Chennai-based construction tech start-up launched by IIT-Madras alumni, with which Kesnik has inked an memorandum of understanding (MoU).
On Navratri, PM Modi releases new Garba Song “Maadi”
On Navratri, a nine-day Hindu festival, PM Modi released a new Garba song titled Maadi.
- The Garba was written by PM Modi recently and its sung by Divya Kumar. Composed by Meet Bros, PM Modi’s Maadi Garba song has garnered more than one lakh views on You Tube in five hours.
ISRO teams up with VIBHA for ‘Space On Wheels’ exhibition in Arunachal Pradesh
The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) in collaboration with Vijnana Bharati (VIBHA) is organizing an exhibition called “Space on Wheels” program in the East Siang District of Arunachal Pradesh.
- The programme which features a mobile exhibition vehicle showcasing sophisticated models of satellites, launching vehicles, and communication systems aims to bring the wonders of space exploration to the doorstep of students and enthusiasts across the region.
Jaishankar unveils Rabindranath Tagore’s bust in Vietnam
In a recent diplomatic gesture, India’s External Affairs Minister, S. Jaishankar, inaugurated a bust of Nobel Laureate writer and poet Rabindranath Tagore in Bac Ninh city, symbolizing the historical and cultural ties between the two nations.
- India and Vietnam have profound historical connections dating back almost 2,000 years, which are rooted in the legacy of Buddhism. Bac Ninh province is also a part of this ancient tradition. Historical records validate Indian monks played a significant role in introducing Buddhism to Vietnam.
Tallest statue of Ambedkar outside India unveiled in US
A statue of Dr B R Ambedkar, the principal architect of India’s Constitution was formally inaugurated in a Maryland suburb in Washington. It is touted to be the tallest statue of Ambedkar outside India.
- The statue was made by renowned artist and sculptor Ram Sutar, who also built the statue of Sardar Patel, called as Statue of Unity, and installed on an island in Narmada, metres downstream of the Sardar Sarovar Dam in Gujarat.
Maharashtra’s youngest Grandmaster Raunak crowned U-20 world junior rapid chess champion
Raunak Sadhwani, a 17-year-old chess player from Nagpur, has won the U-20 World Junior Rapid Chess Championship in Italy.
- After a slow start, he won four consecutive games to share the top position with the second and third seeds. Raunak finished with 8.5 points, winning eight rounds, suffering two losses, and drawing one.
Nawanpind Sardaran village in Punjab receives Best Tourism Village Award
Located in the Gurdaspur Punjab district, Nawan Pind Sardaran is a village honoured with the Best Tourism Village of India, 2023, on World Tourism Day on September 27,2023. This recognition was awarded to Nawan Pind Sardaran for its remarkable efforts in promoting and preserving Punjab’s cultural heritage and sustainable development through tourism.
- The Best Tourism Villages Competition is a competition that recognises rural tourism destinations. Seven hundred fifty villages from 31 states and UTs applied for the award, and only 35 were shortlisted. The selection process is based on various parameters and Sustainable Development Goals, including cultural and heritage preservation, natural resource management, economic sustainability, social and environmental sustainability, and tourism development.
Government notifies August 23 as National Space Day
Government of India declared August 23 as ‘National Space Day’ to commemorate the success of the Chandrayaan-3 mission with the landing of the Vikram lander and deployment of the Pragyaan Rover on the lunar surface.
- India took a giant leap as ISRO’s Chandrayaan-3 successfully landed on the south pole of the moon on August 23, making it the first country to have achieved the historic feat and bringing to an end the disappointment over the crash landing of the Chandrayaan-2 four years ago.