Daily Current Affairs 2 September 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
INS Vikrant: PM Modi commissions India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier
Prime Minister Narendra Modi commissioned the first indigenously designed and built aircraft carrier INS Vikrant at Cochin Shipyard Limited in Kochi. PM Modi Modi received the Guard of Honour as he arrived for the Commissioning ceremony of INS Vikrant in Kerala.
- He then unveiled the new Naval Ensign (Nishaan), doing away with the colonial past on the occasion. Naval Ensigns are flags that naval ships or formations bear to denote nationality. The current Indian Naval Ensign consists of a St. George’s Cross — a red cross with white background.
- In one corner of the cross, the Indian flag was put when the country attained freedom, replacing the Union Jack in that place.
- Designed by the Indian Navy’s in-house Warship Design Bureau (WDB) and built by Cochin Shipyard Limited, Vikrant has been built with state-of-the-art automation features.
- INS Vikrant is India’s largest ship ever built in India’s maritime history.
- With Vikrant, India has joined a select group of nations having the niche capability to indigenously design and build an aircraft carrier
Rashtriya Poshan Maah begins across India with key focus on “Mahila aur Swasthya” and “Bacha aur Shiksha”
Ministry of Women and Child Development is celebrating the 5th Rashtriya Poshan Maah 2022 across the nation from 1st September till 30th September. This year, the objective of the Poshan Maah is to trigger Poshan Maah through Gram Panchayats as Poshan Panchayats with key focus on “Mahila aur Swasthya” and “Bacha aur Shiksha”. Rashtriya Poshan Maah serves as a platform to bring focus to the discourse of nutrition and good health.
- In the 5th Rashtriya Poshan Maah the aim is to convert Jan Andolan into Jan Bhagidari to fulfill the Prime Minister’s vision of a Suposhit Bharat.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi had launched the programme from Jhunjhunu in Rajasthan on 8 March, 2018. Focusing on the aims of POSHAN Abhiyaan, the government has launched Mission Poshan 2.0 as an integrated nutrition support program.
Alappuzha declared full digital banking district
Alappuzha has become the fifth fully digital banking district in Kerala. As part of the initiative, at least one digital transaction facility, such as debit-credit card, Internet banking, mobile banking, unified payment interface, and so on, has been enabled in 26 lakh savings/current bank accounts in 29 banks in the district.
- Banking services in Thrissur, Kottayam, Palakkad and Kasaragod have already become digital.
Scientific completion of India’s first indigenously developed vaccine for eliminating cervical cancer announced
Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh announced the scientific completion of India’s first indigenously developed quadrivalent HPV vaccine. It is India’s first indigenously produced affordable and cost effective qHPV vaccine for eliminating cervical cancer.
- It is developed by Serum Institute of India.
IMF agrees to provide 2.9bn to Sri Lanka to help island nation overcome its worst economic crisis
International Monetary Fund (IMF) has agreed to provide a 2.9 billion dollar extended facility to Sri Lanka for a four-year period, with conditions on debt restructuring and action on corruption. The new extended facility will support Sri Lanka’s program to restore macroeconomic stability and debt sustainability, IMF said in a statement.
BANKING & FINANCE
SBI Card launches cashback card
SBICard has launched ‘CASHBACK SBI Card’, a cashback-focused credit card to boost online spends. The new offering enables cardholders to earn 5 per cent cashback on all online spends without any merchant restrictions.
- Targeted at customers from the mass to premium category, the card offers a simple, seamless, and completely digital joining experience.
- Consumers across India, including tier-2 and 3 cities, can apply for the card on the digital application platform ‘SBI Card SPRINT’.
- Owing to its strong proposition, CASHBACK SBI Card customers will earn unlimited 1 per cent cashback on all spends, cashback will increase to 5 per cent on all online spends up to maximum of ₹ 10,000 per monthly statement cycle.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Moody’s lowers India’s GDP forecast to 7.7%
The global agency Moody’s has cut India’s Gross Domestic Products (GDP) growth forecast by 110 basis points for the calendar year 2022. It now estimates growth to be 7.7 per cent in 2022 against 8.3 per cent in 2021. It also expects growth to be 5.2 per cent in 2023, lower than the previous expectations.
Unemployment rate rises to 8.28 per cent in August: CMIE
Unemployment rate in India rose to a 12-month high in August this year, according to the data published by the Centre for monitoring Indian economy (CMIE).
- During July, the unemployment rate was at 6.8 per cent and the employment was 397 million, the CMIE data added.
- The Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS) unemployment data shows the country’s unemployment rate fell from 7.6 per cent in April to June this year.
GST collection rises 28% in August to Rs 1.43 trillion
The gross GST revenue collected in August 2022 is Rs 1.43 trillion of which CGST is Rs 24,710 crore, SGST is Rs 30,951 crore, IGST is Rs 77,782 crore (including Rs 42,067 crore collected on import of goods) and cess is Rs 10,168 crore (including Rs 1,018 crore collected on import of goods), the ministry said.
- The collection in August is, however, lower than Rs 1.49 trillion collected in July. The mop up was at a record high of Rs 1.67 trillion in April.
VAR technology to make debut in FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup in India
The upcoming Under-17 Women’s World Cup in India will see the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) technology making its debut in the age-group showpiece, world football governing body FIFA announced.
- The prestigious tournament, which was given the go-ahead by FIFA after lifting the 11-day-long suspension on All India Football Federation (AIFF), will be held in Bhubaneswar (Kalinga Stadium), Margao (JLN Stadium) and Navi Mumbai (DY Patil Stadium) from October 11-30.
Rajesh Kumar Srivastava appointed interim chairman of ONGC
Centre has appointed Rajesh Kumar Srivastava as the acting chairman of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC). He is the third interim chief who has been appointed in last 17 months, as the government has not made a full time appointment yet.
- Director (Exploration) of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) Rajesh Kumar Srivastava has taken over additional charge of the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of the Energy Maharatna on 1 September 2022, after Alka Mittal superannuated as ONGC CMD on 31 August 2022.
Click here to read Daily Current Affairs
2 Thoughts to “Daily Current Affairs 2nd September, 2022”
Reading your article has greatly helped me, and I agree with you. But I still have some questions. Can you help me? I will pay attention to your answer. thank you.
I will right away snatch your rss feed as I can not in finding your email subscription link or newsletter service. Do you have any? Please let me realize so that I could subscribe. Thanks.