Daily Current Affairs 22 February 2023 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
J&K LG Manoj Sinha inaugurates North Zone Youth Festival ‘KSHITIJ’ at Spiritual Growth Centre, Katra
Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha inaugurated the North Zone Youth Festival ‘KSHITIJ’ at Spiritual Growth Centre, Katra.
- The 3-day North Zone Youth Festival is being organized by Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board in collaboration with Central Sanskrit University.
- Sanskrit scholars of 10 institutes from 7 states/UTs are participating in this unique Sanskrit Scholars festival. The Lt Governor welcomed the Sanskrit scholars participating in the festival and exhorted them to contribute constructively in nation building.
Delhi government bans Ola, Uber, Rapido bike taxis
The Delhi government has announced a ban on bike taxis with immediate effect. The decision will affect cab aggregators such as Ola, Uber, and Rapido, which are popular in the city.
- In a notice, the Delhi transport department says that two-wheelers having non-transport (private) registration marks/numbers are being used to carry passengers. The government notice indicates that using personal vehicles as commercial taxis violates Motor Vehicle Act, 1988.
- The move will also affect many customers that rely on two-wheelers via Ola, Uber, and Rapido amid surging fares of cabs. Many also prefer this affordable mode of transport since bikes are more mobile in Delhi’s traffic.
India, Nepal agree to add 200 MW to Dhalkebar-Muzaffarpur transmission line
Nepal and India have inked an agreement to increase the power import and export capacity through the 400 kV Dhalkebar-Muzaffarpur transmission line from 600 MW to 800 MW.
- An agreement to trade 70 to 80 MW of electricity from 132 kV Tanakpur-Mahendranagar power transmission line was also signed between the two countries. It has also been agreed to set up the necessary mechanisms to export power from Nepal to Bihar during the rainy season through the existing 132 kV transmission line.
- Both the parties agreed on the early completion of the construction work of the Indian section of the 400 kV new Butwal-Gorakhpur transmission line as the second international transmission line by March 2025.
BANKING & FINANCE
ADB pledges $25 billion for India’s infra, social and green needs
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) in order to help India fulfil its most pressing development requirements, pledged up to $25 billion over the course of the next five years to support social development, climate change, and infrastructure development in India under the PM Gati Shakti project.
- ADB president Masatsugu Asakawa informed PM Narendra Modi during their discussion that ADB intended to provide $20–25 billion in resources over a five-year period to help the nation achieve its goals of rapid, inclusive, and environmentally friendly growth.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
India remains fastest-growing major economy with expected 7 % growth in current fiscal despite disruptions caused by COVID pandemic, says ADB
The President of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) Masatsugu Asakawa has said that despite the disruptions caused by the COVID pandemic, India remains the fastest-growing major economy with expected seven per cent growth in the current fiscal.
- Mr Asakawa met Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in New Delhi. This is Mr Asakawa’s maiden visit to India since taking over as the President, of ADB in 2020.
- Mr Asakawa also complimented Mrs Sitharaman for India’s G-20 Presidency and conveyed ADB’s support for various initiatives India has taken under its G-20 Presidency.
NDDB Mrida Ltd. signs agreement with Sistema.bio & unveils “Gobar Se Samriddhi” programme
NDDB Mrida Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary company of National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) signed an agreement with Sistema.bio , India’s leading biogas company , to work with smallholder dairy farmers and provide sustainable solutions in waste-to-energy and open avenues of generating additional income for farmers.
- This collaborative effort will promote biogas plants and create a value chain that will improve the livelihoods of dairy farmers and at the same time contribute towards the Swachh Bharat Mission and encourage generation and use of green energy.
- NDDB has first-hand experience of working with Sistema Bio while developing the Zakariyapura Manure Management Model which is part of the Gobardhan Scheme in Gujarat now.
Tata Group bags Women’s Premier League title sponsorship rights till 2027
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has awarded the title sponsorship rights of the Women’s Premier League (WPL) seasons 2023-2027 to TATA Group.
- As per BCCI, the TATA Group, who also holds the title rights of the Indian Premier League (IPL), will be promoting its two flagship brands: TATA Capital and TATA Motors during the 2023-2027 time period.
India’s young shooter Rudrankksh Balasaheb Patil wins gold medal at ISSF Shooting World Cup
Young Indian shooter Rudrankksh Balasaheb Patil won the gold medal in the 10m Air Rifle individual event at the ongoing ISSF Shooting World Cup at Cairo in Egypt. The 19-year-old Rudrankksh defeated Maximilian Ulbrich from Germany with a score of 16-8 in the final.
- Croatia’s Miran Maricic took the bronze medal. This was Patil’s second gold at the ongoing competition, having won the yellow metal in the 10m rifle mixed team event with Narmada Raju.
- Other Indian shooters Divyansh Singh Panwar and Hriday Hazarika narrowly missed out on the qualification. With this, India’s medal tally in the World Cup has risen to four, including three gold.
- Pair of Rhythm Sangwan and Varun Tomar clinched gold in the 10m Air Pistol Mixed team event, the duo of Rudrankksh Patil and Narmada Raju bagged gold in the 10m Air Rifle Mixed team event while Varun won Bronze in the 10m Air Pistol individual event.
Poet V Madhusoodanan Nair wins Jnanappana Prize for 2023
Poet V. Madhusoodanan Nair has been selected for the Jnanappana Award – 2023 instituted by the Guruvayur Devaswom.
- The award carries ₹50,001, a gold locket of Guruvayurappan and a citation. It will be presented to the poet by Minister for Higher Education R. Bindu at a cultural meet to be held at Melpathur Auditorium, Guruvayur, on February 24.
- Madhusoodanan was selected for the prestigious award considering the overall contribution he made to the field of literature.
26 Thoughts to “Daily Current Affairs 22nd February , 2023”
I have really noticed that credit improvement activity should be conducted with tactics. If not, it’s possible you’ll find yourself damaging your rank. In order to be successful in fixing your credit ranking you have to see to it that from this moment in time you pay your monthly dues promptly prior to their appointed date. It is significant since by not really accomplishing so, all other moves that you will choose to adopt to improve your credit position will not be effective. Thanks for revealing your concepts.
In the grand scheme of things you actually secure an A just for hard work. Where you misplaced me personally was in your particulars. You know, they say, details make or break the argument.. And it could not be much more correct at this point. Having said that, let me say to you just what exactly did work. The article (parts of it) is certainly quite persuasive and that is most likely why I am making the effort to opine. I do not really make it a regular habit of doing that. Secondly, although I can certainly see a leaps in logic you come up with, I am not really convinced of exactly how you seem to connect the details which in turn help to make the actual conclusion. For right now I will yield to your issue but wish in the future you actually link the facts better.
In these days of austerity and also relative stress and anxiety about having debt, most people balk about the idea of using a credit card in order to make acquisition of merchandise or maybe pay for a trip, preferring, instead only to rely on the actual tried and also trusted technique of making payment – raw cash. However, if you possess the cash available to make the purchase fully, then, paradoxically, that’s the best time for them to use the credit card for several causes.
Good article. It is very unfortunate that over the last decade, the travel industry has had to fight terrorism, SARS, tsunamis, bird flu, swine flu, and the first ever real global economic collapse. Through all this the industry has proven to be powerful, resilient plus dynamic, discovering new tips on how to deal with hardship. There are continually fresh problems and chance to which the industry must all over again adapt and act in response.
Hi there, I discovered your web site by the use of Google even as looking for a similar topic, your web site got here up, it looks great. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
Nice post. I learn something tougher on different blogs everyday. It’ll at all times be stimulating to read content from different writers and practice just a little something from their store. I?d prefer to make use of some with the content on my weblog whether or not you don?t mind. Natually I?ll give you a link on your net blog. Thanks for sharing.
One more thing I would like to convey is that rather than trying to suit all your online degree training on days of the week that you conclude work (because most people are worn out when they go back home), try to get most of your instructional classes on the weekends and only 1 or 2 courses on weekdays, even if it means taking some time away from your end of the week. This is really good because on the week-ends, you will be far more rested and also concentrated with school work. Thx for the different suggestions I have learned from your web site.
What i do not understood is if truth be told how you’re now not actually a lot more well-favored than you may be now. You’re so intelligent. You recognize thus significantly in relation to this matter, made me in my view imagine it from so many various angles. Its like men and women are not interested except it?s something to do with Lady gaga! Your own stuffs excellent. All the time maintain it up!
Nice weblog here! Also your web site quite a bit up very fast! What web host are you the use of? Can I get your associate link for your host? I desire my site loaded up as quickly as yours lol
Would you be curious about exchanging links?
I appreciate, cause I found exactly what I was looking for. You’ve ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye
I do enjoy the manner in which you have framed this issue plus it really does give me personally a lot of fodder for consideration. On the other hand, coming from everything that I have experienced, I just hope as the actual reviews pack on that people continue to be on issue and not start on a soap box involving some other news of the day. Still, thank you for this exceptional piece and although I do not go along with this in totality, I respect your standpoint.
okmark your blog and check again here frequently. I’m quite sure I?ll learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!
Nice read, I just passed this onto a friend who was doing a little research on that. And he just bought me lunch as I found it for him smile Thus let me rephrase that: Thank you for lunch!
You could definitely see your enthusiasm in the work you write. The world hopes for even more passionate writers like you who aren’t afraid to say how they believe. Always follow your heart.
There is noticeably a bundle to learn about this. I assume you made sure nice factors in options also.
Good article. It is quite unfortunate that over the last 10 years, the travel industry has had to handle terrorism, SARS, tsunamis, bird flu, swine flu, and also the first ever true global economic depression. Through all this the industry has really proven to be powerful, resilient plus dynamic, finding new approaches to deal with adversity. There are always fresh problems and the opportunity to which the sector must once more adapt and act in response.
Usually I don’t read post on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very forced me to try and do it! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thanks, very nice article.
Thanks for another informative blog. Where else could I get that type of info written in such a perfect way? I’ve a project that I am just now working on, and I have been on the look out for such info.
Useful info. Fortunate me I found your site accidentally, and I am stunned why this twist of fate did not came about in advance! I bookmarked it.
One other issue is that if you are in a scenario where you would not have a co-signer then you may really need to try to make use of all of your federal funding options. You will find many grants or loans and other scholarships and grants that will give you finances to help you with education expenses. Thank you for the post.
Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to more added agreeable from you! By the way, how can we communicate?
Magnificent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you’re just extremely magnificent. I actually like what you’ve acquired here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it smart. I cant wait to read far more from you. This is actually a terrific web site.
What?s Taking place i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve found It absolutely useful and it has helped me out loads. I hope to give a contribution & aid other users like its helped me. Good job.
Good ? I should certainly pronounce, impressed with your website. I had no trouble navigating through all the tabs and related information ended up being truly easy to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it in the least. Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or anything, web site theme . a tones way for your customer to communicate. Nice task..
It’s best to take part in a contest for top-of-the-line blogs on the web. I’ll advocate this site!