Daily Current Affairs 23 September for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Govt launches AI chatbot for PM-Kisan scheme
Union Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Government of India launched AI Chatbot for the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) Scheme at New Delhi.
- This AI-powered chatbot is designed to provide farmers with swift, precise, and accurate responses to their inquiries pertaining to the PM-KISAN scheme.
- The AI chatbot has been developed in collaboration with the EkStep Foundation and Bhashini, organizations that have played crucial roles in its development and enhancement.
Govt approves procurement of 12 HAL manufactured Su-30 MKI fighter jets, Dhruvastra missiles
India’s defence ministry had cleared nine procurement proposals of around ₹45,000 crore, including ones to acquire 12 Su-30 MKI fighter jets, maufactured by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL). The ₹11,000 crores project would include the aircraft and related ground systems, defence officials have said.
- The aircraft would include more than 60 per cent indigenous content as per the requirement. These would be the most modern Su-30 MKI aircraft of the Indian Air Force equipped with multiple Indian weapons and sensors.
- The proposals also include procuring Dhruvastra air-to-surface missiles, and an upgrade of Dornier aircraft.
I2U2 group of India, Israel, US, UAE announces joint space venture
A new joint space venture was launched by the I2U2 group, a forum of the US, Israel, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and India on the sidelines of the ongoing 78th United Nations General Assembly session in New York.
- The project, which will use space-based observation data and capabilities of the four I2U2 partner countries, aims to create a unique space-based tool for policymakers, institutions, and entrepreneurs, enabling their work on environmental and climate change challenges and furthering their cooperation in the applications of space data for the greater good of humanity, said a joint statement by the member nations.
BANKING & FINANCE
TCS inks pact with Norway’s BankID BankAxept to boost financial infrastructure
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has entered into a partnership with BankID BankAxept AS, the provider of Norway’s national payment and electronic identity systems. This alliance aims to establish and manage an operations command centre.
- BankAxept, the dominant national payment system in Norway, facilitates 80 per cent of card payments in the country. Meanwhile, BankID serves as Norway’s primary eID verification solution, relied upon by over 90 per cent of the population, as well as banks, public institutions, and commercial enterprises.
- New regulations mandate BankID to deliver users a compliant, trustworthy, and secure electronic identity solution, complemented by round-the-clock support.
Sports Minister Anurag Thakur cancels Hangzhou trip as China bars 3 Arunachal Pradesh athletes from Asian Games
Union Sports Minister Anurag Thakur cancelled his visit to the Asian Games, due to China’s denial of entry to Indian Wushu players from Arunachal Pradesh, even as the government registered an official protest at the decision.
- The three players Nyeman Wangsu, Onilu Tega and Mepung Lamgu were refused entry despite having e-accreditations from the organisers. While Ms. Wangsu could not board the flight at all, the other two were told they could only travel till Hong Kong. With no further development and their event scheduled, it seems unlikely they will be able to participate.
India becomes No 1 ranked team in all formats of Cricket
India have become the No.1 ranked team across all formats in the ICC Men’s Team Rankings. This is only the second time in men’s cricketing history that a side has achieved the No.1 ranking across the formats. Prior to this, only South Africa had achieved the feat back in August 2012.
- India became the top-ranked side in all three formats of the game following their win against Australia in the series opener that elevated them to the number one spot in the ODI rankings.
- Following their five-wicket win over Australia, India (116 rating points) displaced arch-rivals Pakistan (115) at the top of the rankings. Australia (111) remain third in the ODI list despite dropping two points.
Biswanath Ghat in Assam selected as Best Tourism Village of India 2023
Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said that Biswanath Ghat of Sonitpur district has been selected as the Best Tourism Village of India 2023 by the Ministry of Tourism.
- Biswanath Ghat is also known as ‘Gupta Kashi’. The town is situated on the banks of the Brahmaputra river and is located south from Biswanath Chariali town. It is at a distance of around 241 kilometres from the state capital Dispur.
Greek region of Zagori gains UNESCO World Heritage status
Greece’s Zagori region gains UNESCO World Heritage status. The historic rural landscape of Zagorochoria, with traditional stone villages nestled within the Pindus mountain range, will now receive better protection and funding under the new UNESCO-listing.
- UNESCO recognized the remarkable ecumenical value of Zagori architecture, showcasing its exemplary fusion of Byzantine and Ottoman architectural influences.
- Furthermore, UNESCO acknowledged the area’s authenticity and integrity as essential criteria for its prestigious inclusion on the World Heritage List.
Northeast’s Mithun recognized as a ‘Food Animal’
In a landmark decision, the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has officially recognized the Mithun, a captivating and culturally significant bovine species found in Northeast India, as a ‘food animal.
- This recognition paves the way for the commercial use of Mithun meat, offering a promising economic boost to the region while preserving its rich cultural heritage.
Babar and Kelly win ICC Player of the Month Awards for August
Pakistan skipper Babar Azam clinched his third ICC Player of the Month award this year as he won the award for the month of August.
- The win means Babar becomes the first men’s player to win the award on three separate occasions, after previous triumphs in April 2021 and March 2022.
- Ireland’s Arlene Kelly is named Women’s Player of the Month for her bowling exploits in convincing T20I wins over Netherlands