Daily Current Affairs 24 & 25 September for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To t Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh approves extension of existing provisions of ‘Preservation and Transportation of Mortal Remains’ to Casually Paid Labourers
Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh approved the extension of existing provisions of ‘Preservation and Transportation of the Mortal Remains’ to Casually Paid Labourers (CPLs).
- The Defence Ministry said that an increase in funeral expenditure for the CPLs from 1,000 rupees to 10,000 rupees has also been approved.
- The Ministry added that this will be borne by the Government to CPLs who died on Government bonafide duty at Border Roads Organisation (BRO) projects.
Bengaluru to host World Coffee Conference for first time
Bengaluru is all set to host the 5th World Coffee Conference (WCC), a property of the London-based International Coffee Organisation (ICO), set up under the auspices of the United Nations to highlight the economic importance of coffee grown around the globe.
- It is for the first time that India and Asia are hosting this prestigious global coffee event and Coffee Board is currently in the last leg of preparation to host the four-day coffee exposition that is commencing in the City on September 25.
Indian Air Force, Drone Federation of India to co-host Bharat Drone Shakti- 2023
Indian Air Force and Drone Federation of India will co-host Bharat Drone Shakti- 2023 at the Indian Air Force airbase at Hindon in Ghaziabad district of Uttar Pradesh. The Defence Ministry said, the usage of drones in India is seeing an increase- both, in the military, as well as in the civil domain.
- The two-day Bharat Drone Shakti will present the prowess of the Indian drone industry at full capacity hosting over 50 live aerial demonstrations. It will showcase survey drones, agriculture drones, fire suppression drones, and tactical surveillance drones. The event will witness participation from more than 75 drone start-ups and corporates.
- The induction ceremony of first C-295 MW transport aircraft will be held during the programme. India has formalised the acquisition of 56 Airbus C-295 aircraft to replace the Indian Air Force AVRO fleet. The acquisition of 56 C295 aircraft will boost the Make in India initiative.
75 percent of villages across the country achieve ODF plus status: Union Minister
The Union Government has said that 75 percent of villages across the country have achieved Open Defecation Free (ODF) plus status under the Swachh Bharat Mission Grameen Phase-2.
- Union Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat said that over four lakh 43 thousand villages had declared themselves ODF plus so far. He said that 14 States and Union Territories had achieved hundred percent villages under the ODF plus. This includes Goa, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Andaman and Nicobar, Ladakh and Jammu and Kashmir.
- He said that the government had set a target to achieve cent percent cleanliness in villages by 2024-25 under Swachh Bharat Mission Grameen Phase-2.
Goa approves new Beach Shack Policy
The Goa government has recently approved the ‘Goa State Shack Policy 2023-2026,’ allowing the erection of temporary beach shacks, deck beds, and umbrellas for the upcoming three tourist seasons.
- Beach shacks, made from eco-friendly materials, have been a popular attraction for tourists in Goa. This policy aims to regulate their operation, but it has sparked concerns among traditional shack owners.
India and UN launch joint capacity building initiative for Global South
India and the United Nations launched a joint capacity-building initiative for the Global South.
- The “India-UN Capacity Building Initiative” aims to share India’s development experiences, best practices and expertise with partner countries in the Global South through capacity building and training programs. The initiative was announced at the India-UN for the Global South in New York.
- The India-UN initiative also complements the India-UN partnership in the form of “India-UN Development Partnership Fund” which has developed a portfolio of 75 development projects in 61 countries in the last 6 years.
Marco Bezzecchi makes history with victory at inaugural IndianOil Grand Prix of India
In a thrilling race at the Buddh International Circuit, Italian rider Marco Bezzecchi, representing the Mooney VR46 Racing Team, emerged victorious in the inaugural Indian Grand Prix for the 2023 MotoGP season.
- The 24-year-old Italian won the 21-lap inaugural Indian Grand Prix in 36 minutes and 59.157 seconds to bag 25 points in front of approximately 59,000 fans who had turned up despite the temperature hovering around 33 degrees Celsius.
- Second place went to primary title challenger Jorge Martin, who won the sprint. The Spaniard finished 8.649 seconds behind Bezzecchi following an epic battle with reigning world champion Francesco Bagnaia.
India become first team to hit 3000 Sixes in ODI Cricket
In the second ODI between Team India and Australia in Indore, India achieved a significant milestone by surpassing 3000 ODI sixes. They posted a formidable total of 399/6, striking an impressive 18 sixes during their innings. This remarkable feat made India the first team to reach the milestone of 3000 ODI sixes.
- The KL Rahul-led team secured a thumping victory against the Aussies in Indore. The Indian batsmen scored 18 sixes in a high scoring encounter, posting 399 on the board. As a result, India went past the 3000 Sixes mark in One Day Internationals.
- India in the process, became the first team to hit 3000 ODI sixes. West Indies closely follows second on the list with 2953 sixes while Pakistan sit third with 2566 sixes.
Veteran director of Malayalam cinema K G George passes away in Kochi
One of the most acclaimed directors of Malayalam cinema, K G George passed away in Kochi. He was 77.
- George, who made his directorial debut with the movie Swapnadanam, for which he won the national film award for the best feature film has directed 19 films in his career spanning over 40 years in the Malayalam film industry. He contributed exceptional movies like Ulkkadal, Yavanika, Lekhayude Maranam Oru Flashback, Adaminte Variyellu, Panchavadi Palam, and Irakal among others.
- The Kerala government conferred him the JC Daniel Award in 2015 for his lifelong contributions to Malayalam cinema.
- George also served as the chairman of the Kerala State Film Development Corporation and the Malayalam Cine Technicians Association.