Daily Current Affairs 24 and 25 July 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Burhanpur in Madhya Pradesh becomes first certified Har Ghar Jal district of the country
Burhanpur is the only district in the country where all people from each of 254 villages have access to safe drinking water through taps. Only 36.54 percent of over one lakh households in Burhanpur had potable drinking water through tap connections at the time of the launch of Jal Jeevan Mission on 15th August 2019.
- In addition to the households, all 640 schools, 547 Anganwadi centers and 440 other public institutions now also have tap connections. The 440 public institutions include 167 Gram Panchayats, 50 healthcare centers, 109 community centers, 45 ashramshalas, 2 community toilets and 67 other government offices.
Bengaluru gets India’s ‘first-of-its-kind’ brain health clinic
A brain health clinic, said to be the first-of-its kind in the country, has been inaugurated in Bengaluru by Karnataka health minister K Sudhakar. It has been set up under the Karnataka Brain Health Initiative (KaBHI) and it was inaugurated at the state run hospital in Jayanagara.
- The brain health clinics will serve as nodal centers to “diagnose, treat, refer and follow-up patients with common neurological disorders and ensure that they receive multi-disciplinary care, including counselling, physiotherapy, rehabilitation and disability benefits.
Bajaj Healthcare is first private entity to enter highly-regulated opium processing sector
Pharmaceutical company Bajaj Healthcare Limited has become the first private player in India to be awarded a government contract for the highly-regulated opium processing sector — a development that means the company can use opium to extract active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) used in medicines such as painkillers, cough syrups, and even cancer drugs.
UAE honours Kamal Haasan by granting him Golden Visa
The United Arab Emirates has granted Kamal Haasan, one of Tamil film industry’s top stars, its prestigious Golden Visa.
- Kamal is not the only one to have been granted the Golden Visa. Prior to him, several actors including Nasser, Mammootty, Mohanlal, Tovino Thomas, Parthiepan, Amala Paul and Shah Rukh Khan have received it.
Neeraj Chopra creates history, becomes first Indian ever to win silver at World Athletics Championships
Olympic champion Neeraj Chopra made history again bagging the silver medal in the men’s javelin final at the World Athletics Championships.
- Chopra’s silver medal in Eugene was India’s first at a World Championships and just the country’s second overall after Anju Bobby George took bronze in the women’s long jump in Paris in 2003.
Max Verstappen wins French Grand Prix 2022
Red Bull Racing’s Max Verstappen won the French Grand Prix 2022 after Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc crashed out. Verstappen, the defending Formula One champion, has extended his lead at the top of the championship table to 63 points ahead of his title rival Leclerc.
Draupadi Murmu takes oath as 15th President of India
Ms Droupadi Murmu has been sworn in as the 15th President of India. She is the first tribal and the second Woman to be the president of India. She was administered oath by Chief Justice of India N. V. Ramana at the Central Hall of Parliament.
- The 64-year-old is the youngest President of the country.
- She is also the first President of India who is born after Independence.
- Ms Murmu joined politics in 1997 and was elected Councillor in Rairangpur Notified Area Council of Odisha. She served twice as an MLA from Rairangpur Assembly Constituency from 2000 to 2009 and once as a Minister for Commerce, Transport, Fisheries, and Animal Resources Development in Odisha Government.
- On 18th May 2015, Ms Murmu took oath as Governor of Jharkhand and stayed in the post till 12th July 2021. She was the first woman Governor of the state and the first female tribal leader to serve as a Governor in any Indian state.
Vodafone Idea Elevates Akshaya Moondra as CEO; to Replace Ravinder Takkar
Telecom firm Vodafone Idea announced the elevation of present chief financial officer Akshaya Moondra as its new chief executive officer with effect from August 19.
- The company’s present managing director and chief executive officer Ravinder Takkar will continue to be on the board as a non-executive and non-independent director post completion of his tenure.
Highest Paid “FMCG” MD & CEO in FY22: Saugata Gupta
Saugata Gupta, MD and CEO, of Marico, saw a significant jump of 157 per cent in his total pay package in the financial year 2022 (FY22) to emerge as the highest-paid CEO in the segment.
- Saugata Gupta’s pay package, Rs 14.02 crore in FY21, increased to Rs 36.1 crore in FY22.
NTPC recognized as the most preferred workplace of 2022
NTPC has been recognized as one of the “Most Preferred Workplaces of 2022″ in the premier edition of “Most Preferred Workplaces 2022″ organized by Team Marksmen in association with India Today.
- The one-of-kind industry-led initiative is informed and driven by insights drawn from an industry-wide, in-depth research and survey conducted by Team Marksmen.