Daily Current Affairs 26 August 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Anang Tal lake declared monument of national importance
The Anang Tal lake in South Delhi, believed to have been built a thousand years ago, has been declared a monument of national importance by the Ministry of Culture.
- As per the website of the National Mission on Monuments and Antiquities, Tradition ascribes this tank to a Tomar King, Anang Pal II, the builder of Lal Kot.
Village Defence Guard scheme comes into force in Jammu and Kashmir
Ministry of Home Affairs has sanctioned approval to creation of Village Defence Guard Scheme – 2022 in Jammu and Kashmir which shall come into effect from August 15, 2022.
Karnataka govt and Isha Foundation inked an MoU to promote agriculture
According to its founder Jaggi Vasudev (Sadhguru), the Isha Foundation will sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Karnataka government to enhance soil health, as part of its “Save Soil” campaign.
Bengaluru to have India’s first 3D post office : Report
In an innovative move, Bengaluru will soon have India’s first post office built out of 3D printing technology which will be ready in just a month. The post office will be set up in Halasuru’s Cambridge Layout on a plot of land owned by the postal department.
- The Building Materials and Technology Promotion Council of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, along with IIT-Madras, has given the ‘technology approval’ to Larsen & Toubro Limited (L&T) for 3D concrete printing of structures running to three floors from the ground.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
MCA approves Bharat Gas amalgamation with BPCL
Bharat Gas Resources Ltd (BGRL), a 100 per cent subsidiary of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL), has been amalgamated with the parent.
- The order approving this amalgamation was issued by the Corporate Affairs Ministry on August 8. The scheme of amalgamation has become effective on August 16.
Grandmaster Arjun Erigaisi wins 28th Abu Dhabi Masters
Indian Grandmaster Arjun Erigaisi clinched the 28th Abu Dhabi Masters chess tournament, beating Spain’s David Anton Guijarro. The 18-year-old emerged victorious over the Spaniard in the ninth and final round with 7.5 points.
Govt appoints former CEA K Subramanian as Executive Director for India at IMF
Former Chief Economic Adviser KV Subramanian was appointed as the Executive Director for India at the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- Subramanian’s term will begin from November and will continue for a period of three years or until further orders, whichever is earlier, by curtailing the tenure of eminent economist Surjit S Bhalla as ED (India), IMF up to 31 October, 2022.
Samir V. Kamat appointed DRDO chief
Distinguished scientist Samir V Kamat was appointed as Secretary of the Department of Defence Research and Development and Chairman of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- Kamat, who is Director General, Naval Systems & Materials, at the DRDO will succeed G Satheesh Reddy who has been named as scientific adviser to the defence minister, it said.
IDFC appoints Mahendra Shah as MD and CEO
Private lender IDFC has appointed Mahendra Shah as managing director and chief executive officer with effect from October 1, 2022, till September 30, 2023, subject to the approval of the shareholders.
- Shah will replace incumbent MD and CEO Sunil Kakar, whose term will end on September 30, 2022.