Daily Current Affairs 26 December 2017 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Govt releases Rs 167 cr to 9 states with international border for development of infrastructure
Home Ministry has released 167 crore rupees to nine states with international border for the development of infrastructure in forward areas. The states which will benefit include Rajasthan and Punjab, both having international border with Pakistan, and West Bengal and Assam, which share boundary with Bangladesh.
- The amount was released to Meghalaya, Punjab, Rajasthan, Bihar, Sikkim, Tripura, Assam, Himachal Pradesh and West Bengal under the Border Area Development Programme.
Online platform e-HRMS launched for Central Govt employees
An online platform, electronic-Human Resource Management System (e-HRMS), has been launched for central government employees to apply for leave and access their service-related information.
- With launch of e-HRMS, employees will be able to not only see all their details with respect to service book, leave, GPF, salary, etc. but also apply for different kind of claims/reimbursements, loan/advances, leave, leave encashment, LTC advances, tour etc. on a single platform.
Uttar Pradesh govt launches free household power connection scheme ‘Prakash hai to vikas hai’
Uttar Pradesh government has launched a free household power connection scheme ‘Prakash hai to vikas hai’ for the poor in the state to mark former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s birthday on 25th December.
- Under the news scheme the government has a target of covering 16 million by the end of 2018.
Sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik creates world’s biggest sand Santa face at Puri beach
On the eve of Christmas celebrations, international sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik created the world’s biggest sand Santa-face with the message “world peace” on the Puri beach of Odisha. The Santa face is 25 feet high and 50 feet wide and will be placed in the Limca Book of World Records. He has also created a sand sculpture of Jesus Christ in front of the Santa face.
BANKING & FINANCE
SLCM ties up with HDFC, IndusInd bank for post harvest credit
Agri service solutions provider Sohan Lal Commodity Management (SLCM) having operations across India and Myanmar has tied up with HDFC Bank and IndusInd Bank to provide collateral management services.
- This tie-up will not only help improve the farmers’ access to post-harvest credits at affordable interest rates, it will also provide easy access to scientific storage facilities leading to a fair price discovery of their produce in the market.
World Bank signs USD 318 mn loan agreement to support climate resilient agriculture
The Government of India, along with the Government of Tamil Nadu signed a USD 318 million loan agreement with the World Bank, for the Tamil Nadu Irrigated Agriculture Modernization Project to promote climate resilient agriculture technologies, improve water management practices, and increase market opportunities for small and marginal farmers.
- With the signing of the agreement, it is likely that about 500,000 farmers, of which a majority are small and marginal, are expected to benefit from improved and modernized tank irrigation systems.
India Set To Be 5th Largest Economy in 2018, Overtaking UK, France: Report
A report by UK’s Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR) has said India will overtake France and UK to become world’s fifth-largest economy in 2018. China is likely to overtake the US as world’s largest economy in 2032, CEBR added.