Daily Current Affairs 26 May 2023 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Arunachal Pradesh govt to set up Institute for Transforming Arunachal with NITI Aayog
Arunachal Pradesh government will set up Institute for Transforming Arunachal (ITA) with the help of NITI Aayog to take the development of the state to the next level. This was disclosed by Chief Minister Pema Khandu.
- Mr Khandu said that the Institute for Transforming Arunachal would act as transformation leader for the state, provide assistance to various departments to advance their development strategies and unlock their potential.
- He added that the Institute will help build an ecosystem for knowledge platform for further learnings. This will further boost the ease of living for the people and will have hassle-free access to various services.
India receives 6.19 million Foreign Tourist Arrivals in 2022 as compared to 1.52 million during same period of 2021
India received 6.19 million Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) in 2022 as compared to 1.52 million during the same period of 2021.
- The Ministry of Tourism has provided an enriching tourism experience to visitors in a planned and phased manner under various Schemes.
- The central government has taken several initiatives to give a boost to the tourism sector in the country by launching Dekho Apna Desh, ‘Capacity Building for Service Providers’ Scheme, Incredible India Tourist Facilitator Certification Programme and Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual, Heritage Augmentation Drive-PRASHAD.
PM Narendra Modi flags off Uttarakhand’s first Vande Bharat Express train connecting Dehradun with Delhi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the inaugural run of Vande Bharat Express from Dehradun to Delhi via video conferencing.
- This is the first Vande Bharat introduced in Uttarakhand. It will herald a new era of comfortable travel experience, especially for the tourists travelling to the state.
- The train has been indigenously built and is equipped with advanced safety features including the Kavach technology.
Ministry of Ayush and the Ministry of Minority Affairs collaborate to foster the advancement of the Unani medicine system
The ministries of Ayush and Minority Affairs have jointly taken a significant step to promote and develop the Unani system of medicine in India.
- The Ministry of Minorities Affairs has approved a grant of Rs 45.34 crore under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram (PMJVK), a centrally sponsored scheme (CSS), an Ayush Ministry statement said.
India hands over 20 Broad Gauge Diesel Locomotives to Bangladesh under grant assistance
Bangladesh received 20 Broad Gauge (BG) locomotives from India which will help augment the capacity and efficiency of Bangladesh Railway for handling the growing volume of passenger and freight train operations in Bangladesh.
- The locomotives were handed over at Darshana-Gede Interchange point and virtually flagged off by Minister of Railways Ashwini Vaishnaw. Bangladesh Minister of Railways, Md. Nurul Islam Sujan received them on behalf of the Government of Bangladesh.
- These 20 locomotives are part of grant assistance from India which fulfils a commitment made during the visit of Prime Minister of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina to India in September 2022. Earlier, in July 2020, India had handed over 10 BG locomotives to Bangladesh.
BANKING & FINANCE
Andhra Pradesh: ADB, India sign 141.12 million US dollar loan for development of infrastructure in industrial sector
The Asian Development Bank and the Andhra-Pradesh Government have signed a 141.12 million US dollar loan for the development of infrastructure in three industrial clusters situated in Andhra Pradesh. This financing is the second tranche of the 500 million multi-tranche financing facility.
- This will help the State in promoting industrialization to increase the share of manufacturing in the state’s gross domestic product, build competitiveness and create jobs in the project’s target areas.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
CBDT increases tax exemption limit on leave encashment for non-govt salaried employees to Rs 25 lakh
The Central Board of Direct Taxes has issued a notification to increase the limit for tax exemption on leave encashment for non-government salaried employees to 25 lakh rupees.
- The relief, which was announced in the union budget speech this year, is effective from 1 April, the CBDT order showed.
- The tax exemption on leave encashment of non-government salaried employees was earlier up to a limit of three lakh rupees under the Income-tax Act.
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
Capri Global Holdings acquires 51% stake in CarLelo for ₹150 crore
Capri Global Holdings Pvt Ltd (CGHL) has acquired 51 per cent stake in CarLelo, an online new car selling platform, for ₹150 crore.The development will help CarLelo to strengthen its footprint nationally.
- With this fresh influx of capital, CarLeLo will improve its presence, services and technology which will be utilised to acquire new customers. In addition to this, it will also work to improve the relationship with its customers.
Wipro to be title sponsor of Bengaluru Marathon for next three years
Wipro Limited announced its partnership with NEB Sports as the title sponsor of the Bengaluru Marathon for the next three years, the company in a regulatory filing said.
- The 10th edition of the run would be held on October 8, 2023 and runners would cover important landmarks concluding Kanteerava Stadium.
Department of Animal Husbandry and Fisheries, Chandigarh bags Skoch SILVER Award 2023
The Department of Animal Husbandry and Fisheries, Chandigarh got Skoch SILVER Award 2023 for e-Governance for computerisation of medical records of livestock being treated by the department. This is the first of its kind project in the country. this web-based application software caters to five Government Veterinary Hospitals and nine Veterinary Sub-centres of the Animal Husbandry Department, Chandigarh.
- The main objective of this application is to facilitate animal owners for online registration of their animals for treatment and other services like artificial insemination, vaccination etc.