Daily Current Affairs 28 July 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar launches ‘smart e-beat’ system for Gurugram police
A real-time monitoring of patrolling by police personnel in Gurugram and an app-based system for police attendance was launched by Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar. Khattar said this app-based system has been introduced in Gurugram under the ‘Smart Policing Initiative’ (SPI) and it will help these policemen to mark their attendance, and in monitoring of their rides.
- The Haryana CM also launched the ‘Smart E-Beat’ system at an event at the office of the Commissioner of Police and flagged off 119 motorcycle police riders connected with it.The ‘Smart E-Beat’ system would cover the area of all the 33 police station located in the urban area of Gurugram.
Kerala to launch measures to achieve complete digital literacy in state
Kerala Government has decided to launch measures to achieve complete digital literacy in the State. Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan said, the initiative is to make the people, especially children aware of the traps and threats in cyberspace.
- He pointed out that smartphones had become part of everyone’s daily life and a significant tool for online education in post -Covid period.
- Children cannot be kept away from digital space for ever but their safety and security should be ensured through awareness, the Chief Minister said.
IIT Kanpur launches NIRMAN accelerator program
Startup Incubation and Innovation Centre, the technology business incubator at IIT Kanpur, is launching the NIRMAN Accelerator Program, supported by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. The program will focus on the manufacturing startups engaged in healthcare and agriculture domains, to help them overcome the challenges from their prototype to market journey.
- A total of 15 startups will be selected under the program, where they will be granted the opportunity to accelerate their product journey from lab to market. The best performing startups among the cohort of 15 startups will receive a cash award of up to Rs 10 Lakhs.
India contributes USD 2.5 million to UNRWA for Palestine refugees
India has contributed USD 2.5 million to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA).
- India is a dedicated donor to UNRWA, having given USD 20 million in support of core UNRWA services to Palestine refugees across the Middle East since 2018.
- The UNRWA, which was established as a humanitarian agency in 1949, is fully funded through voluntary contributions and grants from donor countries.
Gen. Naravane and former US Defense Secretary honoured for fostering Indo-US relations
The US-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF) has recognised former Indian Army Chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane for his contribution to fostering ties between India and the US. The public service award has also been given to former US Defense Secretary General Jim Mattis in addition to Naravane. The USISPF gave prizes for public service and global leadership to those who had a significant impact on advancing connections between the US and India.
Casper Ruud beats Matteo Berrettini to clinch second consecutive Swiss Open title
The 2022 French Open finalist Casper Ruud of Norway clinched his second consecutive Swiss Open title after defeating Italy’s Matteo Berrettini in the final in Gstaad.
- Ruud came from behind to overcome Berrettini 4-6, 7-6(4), 6-2 and retained the ATP 250 title.
Three new countries receive ICC Membership status
The ICC awarded membership status to three countries ICC Annual Conference in Birmingham.
- Cambodia and Uzbekistan from Asia, and Cote D’Ivoire from Africa, were all awarded Associate membership status, taking ICC’s total members to 108 countries, including 96 Associates.
- The two Asian teams take the total count of Asian countries to 25 while Cote D’Ivoire is the 21st country from Africa.
Nakul Jain appointed as CEO of Paytm gateway biz
Publicly-listed One97 Communications, the parent entity of Paytm, has hired Standard Chartered Bank executive Nakul Jain as CEO of Paytm Payments Services Ltd (PPSL). Jain earlier served as managing director of private banking, priority banking, deposits and branch banking at Standard Chartered Bank.
- Alongside, Praveen Sharma, the CEO of Paytm Payments Services, has been moved to lead the company’s commerce vertical.
Bajram Begaj takes the oath as Albania’s President
The newly-elected President of the Republic of Albania, Bajram Begaj, has taken oath at a swearing-in ceremony in the parliament.
- He was a major general (Maj Gen) and held the post of chief of general staff of the Albanian Armed Forces before the election as president of Albania, a post he is set to hold over the next five years.
Renowned Marathi writer Anant Yashwant Khare passes away
Renowned Marathi writer Anant Yashwant Khare, better known as Nanda Khare, passed away due to prolonged illness. He was 76. Besides biographies, Mr Khare wrote 19 books on various topics like science, sociology, and geography with some of his most noted works being ‘Antajichi Bakhar’, ‘Bakhar Antakalachi’ and ‘Udya’.