Daily Current Affairs 29 & 30 January 2023 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Luminous to build India’s first green solar panel factory in Uttarakhand
Luminous Power Technologies announced its plan to build the country’s first green energy-based solar panel manufacturing facility in Uttarakhand. The new manufacturing plant located in Rudrapur is expected to be fully operational by the end of this year.
- The state-of-the-art facility will be equipped with the latest technology to design and produce high-quality solar panels that will be used for both residential and commercial applications.
- Once operational, the facility, spread across 4.5 lakh square feet/10 acres will help enable a solar production capacity of 500 MW per annum, expandable up to 1 GW, producing a range of solar panels with a power output of 40W to 600W.
India beat England to win inaugural ICC U19 Women’s T20 World Cup
India beat England in the first-ever ICC U-19 Women’s T20 World Cup final in Potchefstroom, South Africa. India bowled out England for a paltry 68 and won by 7 wkts. This is the first ICC trophy India has won in women’s cricket. The Indian women’s cricket team has never won a World Cup at any level. The seniors reached the World Cup final on three occasions across formats but failed to go the distance. Bowling first, India cleaned up the English side for mere 68 runs in 17.1 overs.
- England captain and stellar all-rounder Grace Scrivens has been named Player of the Tournament after a run of outstanding performances with bat and ball.
- Titas Sadhu of India poses after being named Player of the Match following the ICC Women’s U19 T20 World Cup 2023 Final match.
Germany beat Belgium 5-4 in penalty shootout to win FIH Men’s Hockey World Cup in Bhubaneswar
In the FIH Hockey World Cup, Germany have lifted the World Cup after 17 years beating Belgium 5-4 in a penalty shootout, after the game ended 3-3 in the final at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar.
- Germany now have won the World Cup three times, first in 2002 and second in 2006.
Novak Djokovic wins his 10th Australian Open title, equaling Rafael Nadal’s record 22 Grand Slam
In Tennis, Novak Djokovic beats Stefanos Tsitsipas 6-3 7-6 (7-4) 7-6 (7-5) to win his 10th Australian Open.
- Djokovic equals Rafael Nadal’s men’s record of 22 Grand Slam titles and the Serb will now be world number one in ranking. Tsitsipas is still waiting for first major title.
- In Australian Open 2023, fifth seed Belarus’ Aryna Sabalenka came from a set down to beat the Twenty-second seed Kazakhstan’s Elena Rybakina in the final of the Australian Open women’s singles. Sabalenka defeated Rybakina 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 to claim her maiden singles Grand Slam
Complete winner list:
Men’s Singles :N. Djokovic (Serbia) defeated Stefanos Tsitsipas (Greece)
Women’s Singles:A. Sabalenka (Belarus)defeated E. Rybakina (Kazakhstan)
Men’s Doubles:J. Kubler & R. Hijikata (Australia) defeated H. Nys (Monaco) & J. Zieliński (Poland)
Women’s Doubles :B. Krejčíková & K. Siniaková (Czechia) defeated S. Aoyama & E. Shibahara (Japan)
Mixed Doubles: L. Stefani & R. Matos (Brazil) defeated R. Bopanna & S. Mirza (India)
Ace Tennis player Sania Mirza bids adieu to her Grand Slam career after finishing runners-up in the Mixed Doubles final of the Australian Open
Indian tennis star Sania Mirza announced her retirement from her illustrious Grand Slam career at the Australian Open 2023.
- Indian duo Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna came second to Luisa Stefani and Rafael Matos of Brazil in the Australian Open mixed doubles final at Melbourne Park as the Brazillian pair clinched their maiden Grand Slam.
- Sania Mirza won two Grand Slam tournaments at the Australian Open. She won the Australian Open women’s doubles title with Martina Hingis in 2016 and the Australian Open mixed doubles title with Mahesh Bhupathi in 2009.
India becomes No. 1 ODI team in ICC Rankings after 3-0 series win over New Zealand
In Cricket, India claimed the top spot in the ICC men’s ODI ranking after a series whitewash against New Zealand at the Holkar stadium in Indore.
- With the 90-run win over Tom Latham’s side,in the third and final ODI last evening the men in blue overtook both England and New Zealand to capture the top spot in the ODI rankings with 114 points.
- Chasing a target of 386 runs, New Zealand were all out 295 in 41.2 overs. Devon Conway with 138 off 100 balls and Henry Nicholls with 42 runs from 40 deliveries, made valuable contribution for the Kiwis
Former NATO general Petr Pavel becomes new President of Czech Republic
Petr Pavel, a former chairman of the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) military committee, has become the new president of the Czech Republic.
- Pavel, 61, defeated billionaire Andrej Babis in a run-off vote to replace controversial President Milos Zeman as he emerged as the new Czech President.
- A former military general, Pavel got more than 58 per cent of the vote, according to the Czech Statistics Office.
NMDC Signed Champion Boxer Nikhat Zareen As its Brand Ambassador
National miner and India’s largest producer of iron ore, NMDC, has signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) with World Boxing Champion and gold medal winner of Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games , Nikhat Zareen to represent NMDC as its brand ambassador.
- The company has chosen to be represented by someone who shares their commitment to bringing honor to the country. Nikhat Zareen represents the strength, courage, agility, and national pride that goes with the brand of the NMDC.
New Zealand to introduce Debbie H. Medal to honour women cricketers
New Zealand Cricket (NZC) announced that outstanding women’s cricketer will be honoured with the inaugural Debbie Hockley Medal at this year’s annual cricket awards ceremony.
- The newly-minted honour, to be afforded equal status to the Sir Richard Hadlee Medal for the outstanding male cricketer of the year, is to become a regular event at the New Zealand Cricket Awards, to be hosted this year on March 23 in Auckland.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
India’s first mission to study the Sun will be launched by June-July: ISRO chairman
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is planning to launch the Aditya-L1 mission by June or July this year. Aditya-L1 is the first Indian space mission to observe the Sun and the solar corona.
- The Aditya-L1 mission will be launched by ISRO to the L1 orbit (which is the first Lagrangian point of the Sun-Earth system). L1 orbit allows Aditya-L1 to look at the Sun continuously.