Daily Current Affairs 28 January 2023 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
PM Modi releases special Rs 75 coin to mark 75 successful years of NCC
Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a special day cover and a commemorative specially minted coin of Rs 75 denomination on the occasion of 75 successful years of the National Cadet Corps (NCC) in New Delhi.
- A hybrid day and night event was organised which included a cultural program on the theme ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’. 196 officers and cadets from 19 foreign countries have been invited to be part of the celebrations.
11 Crore Rural Households in India now have access to tap Water Connection
As India celebrates its 74th Republic Day, over 11 Crore rural households of the country have access to tap water connection. 123 districts and more than 1.53 lakh villages of India have reported ‘Har Ghar Jal’ which means every household has access to clean drinking water through tap.
- Despite several disruptions in previous years, States/ UTs have worked relentlessly to ensure tap water inevery rural home.
- Jal Jeevan Mission was announced by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi on 15thAugust, 2019 to provide every rural household with tap water connection by 2024.
NITI Aayog’s AIM, CBSE, and Intel India collaborate to bring change in education sector
The Atal Innovation Mission – NITI Aayog, Central Board of Secondary Education – Ministry of Education, and Intel India in New Delhi have collaborated to bring a change in the education sector by embedding future skills such as Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Tinkering in the formal curriculum.
- The aim of this collaboration is to align the National Education Policy 2020’s guidance to increase the pace of tech integration for youth, the need to bridge the future skills gap in the country, and optimize the current infrastructure towards making India AI-ready.
Aero India 2023 to be held in Bengaluru
The 14th edition of the Aero India airshow will be held in Bengaluru from February 13-17.
- The event will include a significant trade fair of the aerospace and defence sectors, as well as involvement from international think tanks. The event will support the goal of Make in India in addition to boosting the local aviation sector.
- 737 exhibitors have signed up to take part in the five day event, according to the Aero India website. Of the 737 exhibitors, 643 are from India and 94 are from 30 other nations. Delegates and exhibitors from more than 55 nations have previously congregated in 2021.
First ever India Stack developer conference held in Delhi
The first India Stack Developer Conference will be held in New Delhi.. The conference will dwell on ways and means to ensure wider adoption of India’s digital goods all over the world.
- The conference will be attended by over 100 digital leaders from the Industry, Government, start-ups and unicorns and academia. Delegates from G20 countries and G20 Secretariat have also been invited to the Conference.
- India Stack will be one of the focus areas at the World Government Summit 2023 which will be held at Abu Dhabi next month.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
India’s forex reserves rise by $1.727 bn to $573.727 bn
India’s forex reserves increased by USD 1.727 billion to USD 573.727 billion in the week ended January 20, the Reserve Bank of India said.
- This is the second consecutive week of a rise in the kitty after the USD 10.417 billion jump to USD 572 billion during the preceding week.
PepsiCo Foundation and CARE launches ‘She Feeds the World’ programme
PepsiCo Foundation and CARE launched their USD 18.2-million global agriculture-focused women empowerment programme in India beginning with West Bengal.
- The programme ‘She Feeds the World’, currently active in at least five countries, will commence from two districts in North Bengal of West Bengal. Uttar Pradesh could be the next state.
Indian stock markets achieve complete transition to T+1 settlement regime
Indian stock markets achieved a complete transition to a shorter settlement cycle or T+1 regime, a move that will bring significant capital efficiencies to the investors and improve risk mitigation for the entire industry.
- T+1 (trade plus one) means that market trade-related settlements will need to be cleared within one day of the actual transactions taking place. Earlier, trades on the Indian stock exchanges are settled in two working days after the transaction is done (T+2).
- All trades from January 27 executed in any securities in the equity segment will be settled on a T+1 basis, the National Stock Exchange (NSE) said.
Adani slips from world’s 3rd richest to 7th in Forbes list
In the recently released Forbes Real Time Billionaire list, India’s richest businessman Gautam Adani has slipped from the fourth position to the seventh position. His wealth has reached $ 96.6 billion with a decline of $ 22.6 billion.
- Bernard Arnault (France)continues to lead the list with a net worth of $215 billion.At the same time, Tesla CEO Elon Musk is at number two with $ 170.1 billion in assets.Amazon co-founder Jeff Bezos is third on the list with a net worth of $122.4 billion.,
- India’s second richest industrialist Mukesh Ambani is at number 10 in this list with a net worth of $83.6 billion.
Annual list of highest-paid female athletes in the world
- The list is topped by tennis player Naomi Osaka (Japan)with a net worth of $51.1 million.
- PV Sindhu (12th rank) is the only Indian in the top 25 of the annual list of female athletes.
Annual list of the 100 most powerful women in the world
- The list istopped by European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen.
- In which six women of Indiahave been included. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman (36th), Roshni Nadar Malhotra (53rd), Madhavi Puri Buch (54th), Soma Mandal (67th), Kiran Mazumdar Shaw (72nd), Falguni Sanjay Nair (89th).
Highest-Paid Athletes 2022
- Football starLionel Messi topped the list with total earnings of $130 million (Rs 1007 crore).
List of richest actors in the world
- In this list, Jerry Seinfeld (American) is at number one with assets of Rs 8200 crores.
- Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan has become the fourth richest actor in this list with a net worth of Rs 6,300 crore.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
European Space Mission JUICE to be Launched in April 2023
The European Space Agency’s (ESA) Jupiter Icy Moons Explorer (JUICE) has been confirmed for launch from the agency’s spaceport in French Guiana in April 2023.
- JUICE is set to embark on an eight-year cruise to Jupiter starting in April 2023.
- The mission will investigate the emergence of habitable worlds around gas giants and the Jupiter system as an archetype for the numerous giant planets now known to orbit other stars.
4 Thoughts to “Daily Current Affairs 28th January , 2023”
This web site is really a walk-through for all of the info you wanted about this and didn’t know who to ask. Glimpse here, and you’ll definitely discover it.
My coder is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses. But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using Movable-type on a number of websites for about a year and am anxious about switching to another platform. I have heard good things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress posts into it? Any kind of help would be really appreciated!
PLASTIC DEALER is an Nationwide Supplier of house and manufacturer dealing in superior quality of polymers and chemicals. Over the years, we have gained strong foothold in the market due to high quality, competitive prices and time lined delivery schedules of our range.
Bhringraj is a plant species commonly found in India, known for its traditional use in Ayurvedic medicine. It is commonly used to treat hair loss, skin diseases, and various liver and respiratory conditions. The leaves and stems of the plant are used for medicinal purposes. The scientific name of Bhringraj is Eclipta alba.