Daily Current Affairs 29 July 2023 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Union Minister Anurag Singh Thakur announces that 1000 Khelo India centres across country will be dedicated to nation in next 3 months
Union Minister for Information & Broadcasting and Youth Affairs & Sports Anurag Singh Thakur participated in the private sports event in Lucknow. Union Minister announced that 1000 Khelo India centres across the country will be dedicated to the nation in the next three months.
- The Khelo India campaign, initiated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has provided a significant platform for identifying talented players in the country.
- The objective of the Khelo India campaign is not only to enhance sports infrastructure but also to nurture and support talented athletes.
India, Lao People’s Democratic Republic signs MoUs for implementation of five Quick Impact Projects in different fields
India and Lao People’s Democratic Republic signed five Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) for the implementation of five Quick Impact Projects in the fields of education, health, water facility and IT were also signed. The MoUs were signed during the 3rd round of Foreign Office Consultations (FOC) between the two countries in Vientiane, Lao PDR. The Indian side was led by Secretary (East) in the Ministry of External Affairs Saurabh Kumar and Deputy Foreign Minister of Lao PDR Phoxay Khaykhamphithoune led his side.
- The Ministry of External Affairs said, relations between the two countries are historical and cordial. During the consultation, both sides comprehensively reviewed the spectrum of bilateral relations and discussed ways to enhance cooperation in development partnership, economic and trade ties, agriculture, health, education, defence, and heritage conservation.
- The two sides also exchanged views on regional and global issues of mutual interest, as well as cooperation in multilateral fora such as the United Nations, ASEAN, and Mekong Ganga Cooperation.
Antarctica’s sea ice is at its lowest extent ever recorded
Antarctica’s sea ice has been recorded low level of about 14.2 million sq. km, significantly below the normal extent of 16.7 million sq. km for this time of year.
- The sea ice extent of Antarctica was about 14.2 million sq. km as of 25th July, the normal extent of sea extent for this year should be closer to 16.7 million sq. km.
- Antarctica lost about 2.6 million sq. km of sea ice compared to the long-term average of the satellite era.
BANKING & FINANCE
Future Generali India Life signs distribution pact with JM Financial
Future Generali India Life Insurance has tied with up JM Financial Services in order to elevate its product offerings and extend its market presence across the country.
- The collaboration will help the insurer diversify its product portfolio and leverage JM Financial’s distribution and financial advisory capabilities to offer innovative products, it said in a release.
Razorpay launches MoneySaver export account, offers savings on overseas bank transfers
Payment and banking company Razorpay has launched an account for Indian exporters, the MoneySaver Export Account.
- With this product, Indian exporters will be now open a smart account in any country of their choice and receive payments locally via bank transfers on the Razorpay platform.
- The initiative allows exporters to receive international bank transfers from 160 countries.
Government of India & Asian Development Bank signs a 200 million dollar loan for expanding urban services in Rajasthan
The Government of India and the Asian Development Bank signed a 200 million dollar loan for expanding urban services in Rajasthan. The Finance Ministry said, this will provide finance for the ongoing Rajasthan Secondary Towns Development Sector Project to expand water supply and sanitation systems and enhance urban resilience.
- This will improve water supply systems in at least seven towns by converting all groundwater sources to surface water, and by installing one thousand 400 kilometre of new water supply pipelines.
RBI’s Digital Payments Index jumps to 395.57 in March from 377.46 in Sept
The Reserve Bank of India’s Digital Payments Index, a measure of the extent of digitisation of payments across the country, rose to 395.57 in March 2023 from 377.46 in September 2022 and 349.30 in March 2022.
- The RBI-DPI index has increased across all parameters driven by significant growth in payment infrastructure and payment performance across the country over the period.
- The RBI introduced the composite Digital Payments Index (RBI-DPI) in January 2021 with March 2018 as the base, to capture digitisation of payments. The index has since been steadily rising, crossing the 300-point mark in September 2021.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
India GDP to grow 6-6.3% in FY24, economic prospects brighten: Deloitte India
India is likely to grow 6-6.3 per cent in the current fiscal year ending March 31, 2024, Deloitte India said in its economic outlook, forecasting growth surpassing 7 per cent over the next two years if global uncertainties recede.
- With the probability associated with a recession in major industrial countries this year trimming, several economic indicators such as the tight labour markets and reduced risk spreads post the US banking crisis suggest that downside risks to global growth are subsiding.
MP to have India’s 1st Esports Academy
Madhya Pradesh is set to launch its first online gaming industry named “MP State Esports Academy” to provide the young esports player an opportunity and platform to advance to a professional level.
- The academy focuses on training aspiring gaming and esports professionals. An esports tournament will be held, selecting the top players for admission.
- 80% of the seats are reserved for gamers from Madhya Pradesh, while the remaining seats are open to gamers from all over the country. Anyone can participate in the tournament to compete for a spot at the academy.
Tripura’s Asmita Dey wins gold in women’s 48 kg category
Asmita Dey, representing Tripura, has achieved remarkable success by securing a gold medal at the Junior Asia Cup Judo Championship hosted in Macau, China.
- Asmita Dey took part in the Junior Asian Judo Championships 2023 in the 48 kg category, facing competitors from 27 diverse countries, including Korea, Bhutan, Iraq, America, and many more.
- In addition to her gold medal at the Junior Asian Judo Championships 2023 in Macau, China, she had secured a silver medal at the Asian Open 2023 held in Kuwait City in April of this year and a bronze medal at the Asian Junior Championships in 2022.