Daily Current Affairs 3 December 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Maharashtra becomes first state in India to have a separate Divyang department
Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde has announced the setting up of a separate Divyang department for the welfare of differently-abled people with a fund allocation of Rs 1,143 crore.
- Maharashtra is the first state to have such a department, Shinde said while addressing an event in Mumbai to mark the International Day of Disabled Persons on December 3,2022.
- The government has created 2,063 posts for the new department which will formulate policies for the welfare of the disabled by taking into consideration views of the stakeholders.
India gets world’s first gold ATM in Hyderabad
Goldsikka with technology support from Hyderabad-based startup, Opencube Technologies has launched its first Gold ATM at Begumpet and described it India’s first Gold ATM and world’s first Real Time Gold ATM. This ATM can dispense gold coins in different denominations ranging from 0.5 gm to 100 grams.
- The company plans to launch three machines in the Hyderabad at the airport, old city and propose to launch them in Karimnagar and Warangal also.
- Apart from debit and credit cards, buyers can also use prepaid and postpaid smart cards to withdraw the yellow metal.
23rd Hornbill Festival 2022 begins in Nagaland
The 23rd Hornbill Festival, which began at the Naga Heritage Village Kisama in Nagaland on December 1. Nagaland’s famous Hornbill Festival is scheduled from 1st December to 10th December 2022.
- Hornbill Festival of Nagaland is also popularly known as the ‘Festival of Festivals’ and showcases Nagaland’s rich culture. It is organized by the Government of Nagaland, mainly to encourage inter-tribal interaction and to promote the cultural heritage of Nagaland.
Mumbai takes 22nd spot in Prime Global Cities Index Q3 2022: Report.
Mumbai stood at 22nd rank in a global index that measures annual price appreciation of premium residential properties, according to Knight Frank.
- In its report on ‘Prime Global Cities Index Q3 (July-September) 2022’, Property consultant Knight Frank said that all three Indian cities — Mumbai, Bengaluru and New Delhi –– registered an increase in average annual prices in the third quarter of 2022.
- Mumbai moved up to 22nd rank in the third quarter of 2022 from 39th rank in the year-ago period.Bengaluru’s rank also moved up to 27th as against 41st, while New Delhi’s position improved to 36th rank from 38th rank
Indians Arjun Erigaisi, R Vaishali win Tata Steel Chess Blitz titles
Indian Grandmaster Arjun Erigaisi defeated Hikaru Nakamura to won the blitz title with a round to spare in open section and Woman Grandmaster R Vaishali won the title in women’s section at Tata Steel Chess India in Kolkata.
- The 19-year-old finished with 12.5 points, one point ahead of US’ Hikaru Nakamura in open section. In women’s section, Vaishali ended with 13.5 points.
3rd T20 World Cup cricket tournament for Blind to be held in India
The third T20 World Cup Cricket Tournament for the Blind will be held from December 5 to 17, 2022 in India. The participating nations for World Cup 2022 are Australia, Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka and the host, India.
- Around 150 players will be participating from all the countries and the tournament, which has a total of 24 matches, will take place in nine cities in India.
- The tournament is being organised to mark the World Disability Day celebrations universally on December 3,2022.
Vijay Hazare Trophy Final: Saurashtra beat Maharashtra by 5 wickets in Ahmedabad
Saurashtra beat Maharashtra by 5 wickets in the final to win the Vijay Hazare Trophy at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad. Batting first, Maharashtra scored 248 runs for the loss of 9 wickets in 50 overs.
- Chasing the target, Saurashtra reached the target with 21 balls to spare losing five wickets with opener Sheldon Jackson’s cracking unbeaten century. This is Saurashtra’s second Vijay Hazare Trophy triumph.
Vijender Sharma elected as the President of the Institute of Cost Accountant of India
The Institute of Cost Accountants of India said that Vijender Sharma has been elected as the new president and Rakesh Bhalla as vice-president for 2022-23.
- The institute, which is a statutory body set up under an Act of Parliament, comes under the administrative control of Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
- Sharma is a fellow member of ICAI and a law graduate. He is a leading practicing cost accountant since 1998 and insolvency professional since January 2017.
Rajeeva Laxman Karandikar named as chairperson of the National Statistical Commission
Government of India had appointed Rajeeva Laxman Karandikar, Professor Emeritus at Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI), as the part-time chairperson of the National Statistical Commission (NSC) of India for a period of three years.
- He will take up this role as an additional responsibility while continuing as Professor Emeritus at CMI. He joined CMI as a visiting professor in 2010, and officiated as the Director of CMI from January 2011 to April 2021.
Sanjay Kumar named as Secretary of Department of School Education
IAS Sanjay Kumar took charge as Secretary of the Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Education in Shashtri Bhawan in New Delhi.
- Sanjay Kumar, a 1990-batch Bihar cadre IAS officer, was a former Secretary, Department of Youth Affairs, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports and replaced Anita Karwal IAS upon her superannuation on November 30, 2022.