Daily Current Affairs 3 May 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Chhattisgarh govt launches scheme for doorstep delivery of 100 public services
Residents of 14 municipal corporations in Chhattisgarh can now avail around 100 public services, including delivery of birth, caste, income and marriage certificates, at their doorstep under a new scheme launched by the Chhattisgarh government.
- Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel launched the scheme, titled ‘Mukhyamantri Mitaan Yojna’ (Mitaan stands for friend), which will be implemented as a pilot project in 14 civic bodies, including the state capital Raipur and cities like Durg, Bilaspur and Rajnandgaon, a government official said.
- Under the scheme, the required documents of citizens will be collected from their home through a nominated individual ‘Mitaan’, who will scan the certificates and get the processes rolling for the issuance of certificates/services.
Dharmendra Pradhan launches mandate document for National Curriculum Framework
The ‘Mandate Document: Guidelines for the Development of the National Curriculum Framework (NCF)’ was released by the Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan.
- Launching the document, the union education minister remarked that the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 is the ‘Philosophy’, National Curriculum Framework is the ‘Pathway’ and the mandate document released by him is the ‘Constitution’ to champion the changing demands of the 21st century and impact the future positively.
- The National Education Policy (NEP), 2020 recommends the development of National Curriculum Frameworks (NCF) in four areas- School Education, Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE), Teacher Education and Adult Education.
‘Miyan ka Bada’ railway station renamed as ‘Mahesh Nagar halt’ in Rajasthan’s Barmer district
‘Miyan Ka Bada’ railway station in the Balotra area of Rajasthan’s Barmer district was renamed “Mahesh Nagar Halt.”
- Since Independence, the people of Mian Ka Bada in Rajasthan have demanded that the village’s name be changed, claiming that the village’s original name was Mahesh Ro Bado.
Govt to issue Rs 100 commemorative coin to mark birth centenary of Jawaharlal Darda
The Government of India will be issuing a Rs 100 commemorative coin to mark the birth centenary of Jawaharlal Darda, late freedom fighter and founder of the Lokmat Group of Newspapers (now Lokmat Media).
- The commemorative coin is likely to be issued on July 2, 2023, to coincide with the 100th birth anniversary of Jawaharlal Darda.
- Since this is going to be a commemorative coin, it will not be in circulation in the market. After the issuance of the coin, it will be sold as a collectible by the mint of the Government of India.
NATO exercises begin along Poland’s eastern flank
Poland’s armed forces said that military exercises involving thousands of NATO soldiers have begun.
- They are regular exercises aimed at improving the security of the alliance’s eastern flank but come this year with Russia’s war against Ukraine raging nearby.
- Due to those circumstances, Poland’s military appealed to the public not to publish information or photos of the columns of military vehicles expected to move through the country in the coming weeks.
BANKING & FINANCE
DBS Bank partners with Headstart and Anthill to support promising startups
In line with its vision to support entrepreneurs and innovators, DBS Bank India has partnered with startup venture capital fund Anthill Ventures and evangelist network Headstart Network Foundation to launch DBS Business Class foundED.
- This forum will be held across cities in India and will celebrate modern-day founders, innovators, and game-changers to foster co-innovation and collaboration in the startup ecosystem.
FidyPay partners with Yes Bank to bring better financial inclusion
Fintech API platform for FidyPay said it has partnered with Yes Bank, a move that will extend the digital facilitation to a wide range of businesses, including SMEs, Fintechs, and start-ups.
- As part of the alliance, FidyPay will be enabling a seamless connected banking experience to Yes Bank’s customers.
- Apart from this, FidyPay will also be the solution provider for UPI services.
HDFC Life becomes Signatory to United Nations
HDFC Life recently signed up for the UN-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), epitomising its objective of sustainable growth and long term value creation.
- HDFC Life is committed to following the principles of Responsible Investment (RI).
- This objective can be served by following the RI approach which includes core stewardship principles and consideration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors in addition to financial parameters and outlook, while making investment decisions.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Govt to launch e-commerce network in 100 cities
Government plans to roll out its indigenously developed online e-commerce network in 100 Indian cities to provide millions of Kirana stores and consumers an alternative to multinational platforms such as Amazon and Flipkart.Commerce and industry minister Piyush Goyal announced the test-launch of the open-source system.
- He said, end-to-end testing is being done to create a playbook with an aim to launch it in 100 cities in six months. The initial test launch, which was started in Bengaluru, will also cover cities such as Delhi, Coimbatore, Bhopal and Shillong.
- The system will have multiple choices for both retailers and customers in terms of cataloguing, inventories, warehousing, suppliers, logistics and payments.
Narayan Rane launches MSME Sustainable (ZED) Certification Scheme
Narayan Rane launches MSME Sustainable (ZED) Certification Scheme to make manufacturers ‘environmentally conscious’ The MSME Sustainable (ZED) Certification Scheme will enable MSMEs to adopt Zero Defect Zero Effect (ZED) practices and incentivise them for ZED certification.
- The first phase of this overhauled programme will focus on manufacturing MSMEs while the second would be for those MSMEs in the services sector.
- According to an official presentation, the ZED certification can help MSMEs get easier access to capital.
Religare Broking partners Spice Money to help open demat accounts in rural India
Fintech firm Spice Money has announced its partnership with Religare Broking to provide people in rural India access to platforms to invest in capital market.
- The partnership between Religare Broking and Spice Money will facilitate rural India to get assisted access to a demat account and invest in capital market-linked products.
- It further added that Spice Money has a network of over 10 lakh merchants offering services to over 10 crore households in 700+ districts across the hinterlands of India.
Badminton Asia Championships: PV Sindhu Claims Bronze after Losing to Akane Yamaguchi
PV Sindhu got bronze after losing to world No. 2 Akane Yamaguchi of Japan 21-13, 19-21, 16-21 in the women’s singles semi-finals at the 2022 Badminton Asia Championships at the Muntinlupa Sports Complex in Manila, the Philippines.
- The 26-year-old Sindhu had also clinched the bronze in 2014. Dinesh Khanna is the only Indian to win gold at the Asian Championships in 1965.
IRS officer Sangeeta Singh given additional charge of CBDT chairman
Sangeeta Singh, a 1986 batch Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer has been given additional charge of Chairman, Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), after incumbent JB Mohapatra retired as the head of the direct taxes administration body on April 30.
- Mohapatra, a 1985-batch Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer of the Income Tax department, was appointed as the full-time chairman in September last year.
- Singh is currently holding charge of Audit and Judicial. She is also holding additional charge of Income Tax and Revenue and Tax Payers services.
Anshul Swami appointed as MD & CEO of Shivalik Small Finance Bank
Shivalik Small Finance Bank has announced the appointment of Anshul Swami as its Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, effective April 26.
- With over 20 years of rich experience, Swami has worked across various customer segments like Retail, MSME, Microfinance and Agri.
Snow leopard expert Charudutt Mishra gets Whitley Award
Noted snow leopard expert and wildlife conservationist Charudutt Mishra has won the prestigious Whitley Gold Award for his contribution to involving indigenous communities in the conservation and recovery of big cat species in Asia’s high mountain ecosystems.
- Princess Anne presented the award to Mishra at London’s Royal Geographic Society. This is his second Whitley Fund for Nature (WFN) Award. He got the first in 2005.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier INS Vikrant to be handed over to Navy in May
The Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) will hand over India’s first Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC) which will be named ‘INS Vikrant’ to the Indian Navy . This was revealed by CSL Director (Technical) Bejoy Bhasker in a press conference held to announce the Shipyard’s 50th anniversary.
- The second sea trials of India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier (IAC) Vikrant began, ahead of her anticipated induction into the Indian Navy in August next year. In August, the 40,000-tonne aircraft carrier, India’s largest and most sophisticated warship, successfully conducted a five-day maiden sea cruise.
IndiGo becomes first airline in Asia to land using GAGAN aided approach
IndiGo Airlines owned by InterGlobe Aviation Ltd became the first airline in Asia to use the Localiser Performance with Vertical Guidance (LPV) Approach, the airline said.
- The airline conducted the LPV approach on its ATR 72-600 aircraft, equipped with GAGAN, at Kishangarh Airport (Ajmer).
- The term GAGAN stands for GPS Aided GEO Augmented Navigation, a space-based augmentation system (SBAS), jointly developed by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and the Airports Authority of India (AAI) to provide lateral and vertical guidance on an approach, approximating the accuracy of a Category I Instrument Landing System (ILS).
First Gaganyaan uncrewed module to be injected in 170x408km orbit
In a likely indication of the eventual human spaceflight (Gaganyaan) mission profile, Isro has finalised several aspects of mission planning for the first uncrewed mission or G1 — planned for next year — which will will see the launch vehicle inject the orbital module into a 170x408km orbit.
- The G1 mission will be followed by G2, the second uncrewed mission, both of which are precursors to the eventual human/crewed mission or H1 as named by Isro. Just as H1, the G1 too will be launched by a human-rated GSLV-Mk3 or the HRLV (human-rated launch vehicle).
BOOKS & AUTHORS
“Leaders, Politicians, Citizens” book by Rasheed Kidwai
The book titled “Leaders, Politicians, Citizens: Fifty Figures Who Influenced India’s Politics” authored by author-journalist Rasheed Kidwai has been released recently.The book is published by Hachette India.
- The book compiles stories of 50 personalities who influenced India’s political landscape. The foreword of the book is written by Shashi Tharoor, Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha).
- The 50 personalities featured in the book include Teji Bachchan, Phoolan Devi, Indira Gandhi, Rajiv Gandhi, Jayalalithaa, APJ Abdul Kalam, and Karunanidhi among others.
Governor of AP released the book titled ‘Paramardham’
Governor of Andhra Pradesh Biswabhusan Harichandan released the book titled ‘Paramardham’ written in Telugu by Sri KRBHN Chakravarthi,Secretary, State Election Commission at a programme held in Raj Bhavan.
Centre to celebrate May 1 as Ujjwala Diwas
Oil marketing companies will organise more than five thousand LPG Panchayats on the occasion of ‘Ujjwala Diwas’ on the 1st of May. All efforts will be made to maximise customer enrolment apart from experience sharing, aimed at safe and sustained usage of LPG.
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the 1st of May in 2016 at Ballia in Uttar Pradesh. To celebrate the achievements of the scheme, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas has decided to celebrate 1st of May as ‘Ujjwala Diwas‘ this year.