Daily Current Affairs 3 November for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Prime Minister launches ‘Mera Yuva Bharat (MY Bharat)’ platform on the National Unity Day
The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi launched ‘Mera Yuva Bharat (MY Bharat)’ platform for youth of the country on October 31st, at Kartavya Path on the National Unity Day.
- The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports started the MY Bharat initiative with the aim to empower Indian Youth via social mobility, educational equity and practical skills.
- According to the official website of MY Bharat, it is an autonomous body that is being set up by the government of India to offer a technology-powered mechanism for the growth of youth. This MY Bharat mechanism works in the direction of providing equitable access to opportunities for youth to realise their aspirations and build an Amrit Bharat by 2047.
JKTPO participated as “Focus State” in ‘World Food India 2023’ event held at Pragati Maidan New Delhi
In a significant development, the Jammu & Kashmir Trade Promotion Organisation (JKTPO) participated in World Food India (WFI) held at Pragati Maidan New Delhi, as a part of its endeavor to provide entrepreneurs with vital market linkages and opportunities on both domestic and international fronts.
- To actualize the vision of the Government of Jammu and Kashmir, to provide market linkages to the entrepreneurs of J&K, JKTPO participated as the “Focus State” in the ‘World Food India 2023’ event and facilitated the participation of 24 exhibitors from the region.
- The ‘World Food India 2023’ event, now in its second edition, was inaugurated at Bharat Mandapam, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi by Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi. The event’s primary objective is to position India as the ‘food basket of the world’ and celebrate 2023 as the International Year of Millets.
India And UAE Sign MoU To Strengthen Educational Ties
Dharmendra Pradhan, India’s Union Education and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Minister, met with Dr. Ahmad Al Falasi, the Minister of Education for the United Arab Emirates, in a momentous gathering held in Abu Dhabi.
- The highlight of this meeting was the signing of a comprehensive Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and the UAE, which aims to fortify existing educational cooperation. The primary objective of this MoU is to facilitate student and faculty mobility, thus enhancing collaboration in the education sector.
Iconic ‘Throne Room’ at Raj Bhavan in Kolkata named after Sardar Patel
The iconic British-era ‘Throne Room’ at the Raj Bhavan in Kolkata has been named after Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, the first Deputy Prime Minister and Home Minister of Independent India .
- The Governor has also taken a decision that a new academic chair named after Patel will be set up at the Calcutta University, where Bose by virtue of his chair is also the Chancellor.
- The ‘Throne Room’, as the name suggests, has a collection of thrones of iconic historical personalities such as Lord Wellesley and Tipu Sultan, among others.
Sachin Tendulkar’s statue unveiled at Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai
A statue of Indian batting great Sachin Tendulkar was unveiled his home ground – Wankhede Stadium, in where India won the 2011 edition of the ICC World Cup.
- As per a PTI report, the statue was made by Pramod Kamble, who is a painter-sculptor from Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra.
- The statue captures Sachin Tendulkar in the dynamic act of executing a cricket stroke. The legendary cricketer used this shot frequently to smash over 34,000 runs in both Test and One Day International (ODI) matches. Sachin Tendulkar is the only batter in the history of cricket to slam 100 centuries.
BANKING & FINANCE
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
UPI transaction volume crosses 1100 crore mark in October
Transactions on the UPI (Unified Payments Interface) network surged over 8 per cent in October on the back of festival season-led spending, crossing the milestone of 1,100 crore transactions during the month.
- The number of transactions stood at 1,141 crore, higher than 1,056 crore in September and the earlier record of 1,058 transactions in August. The transactions were 8.05 per cent higher on month and 56 per cent on year, according to data by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
Mohammed Shami Becomes Highest Wicket-Taker For India In ODI World Cup History
Mohammed Shami became India’s highest wicket-taker in ODI World Cup history during the India versus Sri Lanka 2023 World Cup match at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai.
- With 45 wickets in ODI World Cups, Shami went past Zaheer Khan and Javagal Srinath after his fifer against the Lankans.Zaheer and Srinath have 44 wickets in World Cups for India.
- Shami also entered the top 10 list of the highest wicket-takers in ODI World cup history, which is topped by Glenn McGrath’s 71 scalps.Among active international cricketers, only Mitchell Starc and Trent Boult are above Shami in the list with 56 and 49 wickets, respectively.
Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar wins gold medal in men’s 50m rifle 3 positions individual event at Asian Shooting Championship in Changwon, South Korea
Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar has won gold medal in men’s 50m rifle 3 positions individual event at the Asian Shooting Championship in Changwon, South Korea.
- The 22-year-old Tomar shot 463.5 in the final to win the gold. The Indian trio of Tomar, Swapnil Kusale and Akhil Sheoran won the team silver with a total score of 1764.
- India picked up four more medals on the concluding day including gold in the trap mixed team competition through Prithviraj Tondaiman and Manisha Keer. With Tomar’s gold, India ended the championships in second place in the medals tally with 55 medals including 21 gold, 21 silver and 13 bronze.
Kerala Jyothi award for writer T. Padmanabhan
Eminent writer T. Padmanabhan has been chosen for the Kerala Jyothi award instituted by the Kerala government. He was selected for the highest civilian honour by the government considering his contributions in the field of Malayalam literature.
- The State also announced other ‘Kerala Puraskarngals’, the highest award given by the government to distinguished personalities who have made outstanding contributions in various spheres of social life.
- Justice (Retired) M. Fathima Beevi and Nataraja Krishnamurthy (Soorya Krishnamurthy) have been selected for the ‘Kerala Prabha’ award considering contributions in the field of social service and civil service and in the field of arts respectively.
- Others who won the ‘Kerala Sree’ award include Punalur Somarajan (social service sector), V.P. Gangadharan (health sector), Ravi DC (industry and commerce sector), K.M. Chandrasekhar (civil service sector), Pandit Ramesh Narayan (art, music).
HCL founder Shiv Nadar retains top spot in India’s Philanthropy List 2023
Shiv Nadar, the founder of HCL Technologies, has retained the title of the country’s most generous man, followed by Wipro founder Azim Premji.
- According to the EdelGive Hurun India’s Philanthropy List for 2023, Shiv Nadar is India’s leading philanthropist with an annual donation of ₹2,042 crore.
- The 78-year-old billionaire has topped the list for the third time in five years, and his contributions went up by 76 per cent compared to the 2022 rankings.
- Mukesh Ambani, the chairman of Reliance Industries, and Kumar Mangalam Birla, the chairman of Aditya Birla Group, came third and fourth on the list. Their contributions were ₹376 crore and ₹287 crore respectively.