Daily Current Affairs 30 November 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar launches Har Ghar Gangajal project in Rajgir
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar launched the Har Ghar Gangajal project in Rajgir. It is a unique and ambitious initiative to provide Ganga water on tap in the parched areas of the state.
- The scheme will help to harvest the excess water of the Ganga during the monsoon season. The water will be stored in reservoirs in Rajgir and Gaya before being channelled to three treatment-and-purification plants, from where it will be supplied to the public.
World’s largest active volcano, Mauna Loa, erupts in Hawaii
The world’s largest active volcano erupted in Hawaii for the first time in four decades. Mauna Loa erupted according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
- It was the first eruption since 1984. The eruption began in Moku’aweoweo, the summit caldera of Mauna Loa, inside the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
- Mauna Loa, located inside Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, covers half of the US state’s Big Island. The volcano rises 13,679ft (4,169m) above sea level and spans an area of more than 2,000 sq miles (5,179 sq km).
India-Malaysia joint military exercise ‘Harimau Shakti-2022’ begins in Kluang
A joint military exercise between troops of India and Malaysia began that aims to enhance inter-operability in planning and execution of various operations in jungle terrain, the defence ministry said.
- The India-Malaysia joint military exercise, ‘Harimau Shakti-2022’, commenced at Pulai, Kluang, Malaysia and will culminate on December 12. The exercise is an annual training event between the Indian Army and the Malaysian Army, being conducted since 2012.
BANKING & FINANCE
Tamilnad Mercantile Bank ink bancassurance pacts with Chola MS General, Max Life
The old private sector bank Tamilnad Mercantile Bank (TMB) has entered into bancassurance partnerships with Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company Ltd and Max Life Insurance Company to provide general insurance products and life insurance schemes respectively to TMB’s customers.
- Under the agreement, Tuticorin-based TMB’s 500-plus branches will start retailing the insurance products of both companies.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
BSE Signs Up TAC Security as Cyber Security Partner
Risk and vulnerability management company TAC Security announced it is the official cyber security partner for the stock exchange — BSE.
- The cyber security company said it signed an agreement with the oldest stock exchange to ensure that the BSE is empowered with the highest possible level of cybersecurity. It said the alliance was a significant stride in the longstanding relationship between the two institutions.
Sebi set-ups panel to review takeover rules
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has set up three separate committees to reform the capital markets and improve ease of doing business.
- All three committees will be widely represented by various stakeholders and cover the key areas such as foreign portfolio investors (FPIs), takeover code and the newly-introduced concept of social stock exchanges (SSEs).
- The 20-member committee on review takeover regulations will be chaired by former Chief Justice of Punjab and Haryana High Court, Shiavax Jal Vazifdar, as per reports.
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
Air India, Vistara to merge into one airline by March 2024
The Tatas and Singapore Airlines are setting their sights high with the merger of Air India and Vistara. The long-expected merger, finally announced, will lead to Singapore Airlines owning a 25.1% stake in the new entity at an investment of Rs 2,058.5 crore ($250 million) in Air India as part of the transaction.
- The new airline, with 218 widebody and narrowbody aircraft, will be number two in India after Indigo.
- The 25.1 per cent stake will be in an enlarged Air India group – it will have Air India, Vistara, AirAsia India and Air India Express – and the merger of all airlines is targeted for completion by March 2024, subject to regulatory approvals.
Paralympic medallist Lekhara receives Para Sports Person of Year award
At the Turf 2022 and India Sports Awards of FICCI, former Ranji cricketer Sarkar Talwar was honoured with the Lifetime Achievement of the Year award.
- Talwar, the Director-Sports, Manav Rachna Education Institutions, is also the recipient of the Dronacharya Lifetime Award, given by the President of India. Apart from Talwar, Avani Lekhara, who won two medals at the Tokyo 2020 Paralympics, was recognized as the Para Sports Person of the Year, while Shrey Kadyan was recognized as the Special Sportsperson of the Year.
- For their remarkable work over the past decade, Odisha was recognized as the best state for promoting sports. The All India Chess Federation won the National Sports Federation of the Year Award for hosting another successful edition of the Chess Olympiad this year.
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya wins UNESCO Award
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya (CSMVS) was conferred with the ‘Award of Excellence’ at the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation-2022.
- The museum is a piece of Mumbai’s World Heritage-listed Victorian Gothic and Art Deco Ensembles. It was founded in 1922 under the name Prince of Wales Museum of Western India.
- The museum project won praise from the committee for renovating a significant civic building in Mumbai’s historic centre.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Agnikul inaugurates India’s first private space vehicle launchpad in Sriharikota
AgniKul Cosmos, a chennai based private space-tech start-up has set up India’s first-ever launchpad at Sriharikota. Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has supported the private player AgniKul Cosmos for setting up the launchpad. The Company has planned a tech demonstration mission.
- It was inaugurated by S. Somnath, chairman of ISRO and Secretary, Department of Space at Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) in Sriharikota.
- The launchpad facility, which was designed by Agnikul and built in collaboration with ISRO and IN-SPACe (Indian National Space Promotion and Authorization Center) has two sections to it: the AgniKul launchpad (ALP) and the AgniKul mission control center (AMCC).