Daily Current Affairs 30 November for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Odisha CM Launches ‘AMA Bank’ for Gram Panchayat Banking
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched the “AMA Bank” scheme, a historic initiative aimed at providing banking services through CSP Plus banking outlets in all unbanked Gram Panchayats (GPs) of Odisha.
- This visionary project, unveiled in the first phase, marks Odisha as the pioneer state in India to conceptualize and implement such a comprehensive scheme for financial inclusion.
- In the initial phase, 750 CSP Plus outlets, strategically spread across all 30 districts, were dedicated to the people of Odisha.This model aims to bridge the gap in financial services accessibility, particularly in rural areas where the geographical penetration of traditional banks has been a longstanding challenge.
Uttar Pradesh Greenlights India’s First Telecom Center of Excellence in Saharanpur
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has given approval for the establishment of the country’s inaugural Telecom Center of Excellence in Saharanpur. The foundation stone for this groundbreaking initiative is set to be laid on December 5, 2023, marking a significant leap in telecom and technology innovation.
- With the establishment of the Telecom Center of Excellence in Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh takes a significant stride towards technological advancement, innovation, and self-reliance in the telecom sector.
- This initiative holds the promise of not only transforming the technological landscape in the region but also contributing to India’s global standing in telecommunications and related industries.
Bengaluru To Get India’s Largest Circular Railway, Spanning 287 kilometers
Bengaluru will get a 287-km circular railway that will link all important towns around it in the largest-of-its-kind network in India, Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw said
- The network will be built in keeping with the city’s requirements for the next 40-50 years, providing it “complete connectivity” over seven railway paths, Vaishnaw told reporters after holding a review meeting of railway projects in Bengaluru.
- Chennai has India’s largest circular railway at 235.5 km. Bengaluru could not only surpass it but, together with the 149-km suburban railway, could get India’s largest suburban railway network after Kolkata.
BANKING & FINANCE
Reserve Bank supersedes Abhyudaya Coop Bank’s Board; Appoints SP Pathak as Administrator
The Reserve Bank has superseded the Board of Directors of Abhyudaya Cooperative Bank Limited and appointed the former Chief General Manager of State Bank of India, Mr. Satya Prakash Pathak as its Administrator.
- RBI has said, the Administrator will manage the bank’s affairs for a period of 12 months. It added that a Committee of Advisors to assist the Administrator in discharging his duties has also been appointed.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Bharat Biotech, University of Sydney sign MoU for vaccine research
Vaccine maker Bharat Biotech International and the University of Sydney Infectious Diseases Institute (Sydney ID) have signed an MoU to advance vaccine research initiatives, strengthen academic-industry partnerships and augment global efforts to combat infectious diseases.
- The agreement aims to build strong sectoral and cross-organisational collaborations to design novel methodologies to tackle future epidemics and infectious diseases. The intent is to also leverage academia-industry strengths for advancing the science of vaccines and biotherapeutics, Bharat Biotech said.
Garuda Aerospace Secures DGCA’s Second Type Certificate
Chennai-based drone manufacturer, Garuda Aerospace, has achieved a significant milestone by securing the second type certificate for medium category drones from the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).
- This achievement was announced by the company, signifying a crucial advancement in the field of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) technology.
- This achievement underscores Garuda Aerospace’s unwavering dedication to pioneering advancements in UAV technology. By securing a second Type Certificate, the company not only demonstrates its commitment to innovation but also showcases a high level of competence in meeting stringent regulatory standards set by the DGCA.
Dubai Run 2023 Sets World Record with 226,000 Participants Led by Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed
Dubai witnessed an extraordinary display of community spirit as Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and Chairman of The Executive Council of Dubai, led more than 226,000 participants in the fifth edition of Dubai Run, presented by Mai Dubai. Marking the conclusion of the Dubai Fitness Challenge (DFC) 2023, the event has consolidated its position as the world’s largest community fun run, surpassing last year’s numbers.
- Dubai Run is one of the most anticipated events of DFC, an initiative launched in 2017 by Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum to transform Dubai into one of the world’s most active cities and support its broader vision to become the world’s best city to live in, work and visit.
Irish writer Paul Lynch wins Booker Prize for novel ‘Prophet Song’
Irish writer Paul Lynch has won the 2023 Booker Prize for his novel ‘Prophet Song’, beating London-based Indian-origin author Chetna Maroo’s debut novel “Western Lane”, at a ceremony in London.
- Forty-six year old Lynch won for his novel presenting a dystopian vision of Ireland in the grips of totalitarianism, something the author describes as an attempt at radical empathy.
Vijayawada Railway Station gets Platinum Certification
Vijayawada Railway Station has been given Platinum Certification by the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) for enhancing environmental standards and providing eco-friendly services to passengers.
- The platinum certification, the highest recognition from the IGBC, was conferred on Vijayawada Junction at a ceremony in Chennai.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
India and US to launch joint microwave remote sensing satellite (NISAR) for Earth observation
India and the US will launch the joint microwave remote sensing satellite for Earth observation in the coming months. The satellite will be named NISAR (NASA-ISRO Synthetic Aperture Radar). Science and Technology Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh informed this during a meeting with a high-level delegation of NASA led by its administrator Bill Nelson in New Delhi.
- The Department of Space in a statement said that NISAR is targeted for launch onboard India’s GSLV. It said that the data from NISAR will be highly suitable for studying the land ecosystems, deformation of solid earth, mountain and polar cryosphere, sea ice and coastal oceans on a regional to global scale.
Click here to read Daily Current Affairs