Daily Current Affairs 29 November for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Indian Immunologicals Unveils Measles and Rubella Vaccine for Children
A live-attenuated MR vaccine named Mabella was launched in Udhagamandalam (Ooty), Tamil Nadu, as part of the 25th-anniversary celebrations of the Human Biologicals Institute (HBI), a division of the Indian Immunologicals Limited (IIL).
- Developed through an exclusive partnership with the Polyvac Institute of Vietnam, Mabella promises to be a crucial tool in the global fight against deadly measles and rubella.
- Mabella’s introduction comes after rigorous human clinical trials, establishing its safety and efficacy. The vaccine’s launch addresses the pressing need to control these infectious diseases, which claim approximately one lakh lives of children worldwide.
Centre renames Ayushman Bharat-Health and Wellness Centres as Ayushman Arogya Mandir
The central government renamed Ayushman Bharat-Health and Wellness Centres as Ayushman Arogya Mandir with the tagline Arogyam Paramam Dhanam.
- In a letter to all States and Union Territories, the Union Health Ministry has issued guidelines to suitably replace the existing title across all operationalized Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness Centres.
UP CM Launches Hot Cooked Meal Scheme in Anganwadi Centers
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has unveiled the ‘Hot Cooked Meal Scheme’ in Uttar Pradesh, a landmark initiative aimed to providing nutritious meals to children aged 3 to 6 years at Anganwadis.
- The scheme, modeled after the successful Midday Meals program, is designed to offer 70 grams of food grains per beneficiary per day in the form of hot-cooked meals.
- Additionally, Adityanath laid the foundation stone for 3,401 Anganwadi centers and inaugurated a transit hostel for police personnel during the event.
Rajnath Singh Unveils Crest Of India Guided Missile Destroyer ‘INS Imphal’
The crest of Yard 12706 (Imphal), Indian Navy’s third stealth guided missile destroyer, was unveiled by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh in a momentous ceremony held in New Delhi.
- Designed by the Indian Navy’s Warship Design Bureau (WDB) and built by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL), Mumbai, INS Imphal stands as a testament to indigenous shipbuilding prowess. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh expressed his delight, emphasizing that the warship is amongst the most technologically advanced in the world.
New Zealand reverses ground-breaking smoking ban to fund tax cuts
New Zealand’s newly-elected government has reversed a ground-breaking smoking ban initially aimed at saving lives and preventing youth from taking up smoking.
- The move has sparked outrage among public health officials and anti-tobacco groups, who are dismayed by the decision to abandon the ban to finance tax cuts.
BANKING & FINANCE
HDFC Securities Launches Mobile Trading App HDFC SKY On AWS Cloud
Amazon Web Services (AWS) said HDFC Securities, which is among the leading investment service providers in India, has launched its mobile trading app, HDFC SKY on the AWS cloud.
- With AWS, HDFC Securities is expected to reduce its annual IT infrastructure and management costs by up to 50 per cent as compared to using on-premises infrastructure.
- With AWS India as its preferred cloud provider, HDFC Securities is providing a secure and low-latency trading service for the growing number of tech-savvy retail investors who prefer mobile trading.
Ministry of Power receives Special Appreciation Medal for Excellence in Display at IITF 2023
The Ministry of Power, Government of India has been awarded the Special Appreciation Medal for Excellence in Display, at India International Trade Fair 2023, which has been held at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- The Ministry received the award for the Power Pavilion set up by it at 42nd edition of the IITF. The Pavilion was set up under the umbrella of the Ministry of Power, with NTPC as the nodal agency and with contribution from 11 other PSUs under the Ministry.
IFFI 2023: ‘Endless Borders’ Wins Golden Peacock
The Persian film ‘Endless Borders’ by Abbas Amini has bagged the Golden Peacock for Best Film at the 54th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Goa.
- For the prestigious Golden Peacock, a total of 15 films comprising 12 international and 3 Indian films competed. ‘Endless Borders’ took home the award. Iranian actor Pouria Rahimi Sam bagged the Best Actor award for his role in ‘Endless Borders’. ‘Kantara’ scripted history as it became the first Kannada film to win an award at IFFI. Kannada actor and filmmaker Rishab Shetty was honoured with the Special Jury Award for his pan-Indian blockbuster film.
- Closing Film ‘The Featherweight’ has its Asia premier at 54th IFFI. The American film has its Asia premier at 54th IFFI in Goa as the closing film of the festival. Robert Kolodny, the director of the film The Featherweight.
List of the winners of IFFI 2023:
- Golden Peacock Best Film: ‘Endless Borders’
- Best Actor-Male: Pouria Rahimi Sam for ‘Endless Borders’
- Best Actor (Female): Melanie Thierry for ‘Party of Fools’
- Best Director: Stephan Komandarev for ‘Blaga’s Lessons’
- Special Jury Award: Rishab Shetty For ‘Kantara’
- Best Debutant Director: Reger Azad Kaya for his Syrian-Arab Republic film ‘When the Seedlings Grow’
- Best Web Series: ‘Panchayat Season 2’
- Satyajit Ray Lifetime Achievement Award: Michael Douglas
National Milk Day 2023: Union Minister Parshottam Rupala confers National Gopal Ratna Awards
Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Parshottam Rupala confer National Gopal Ratna awards on November 26 in Guwahati. The Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying is organising National Gopal Ratna Award 2023 as a part of National Milk Day celebration 2023.
The Award is conferred in three categories, namely
- Best Dairy Farmer Rearing Indigenous Cattle/buffalo Breeds,
- Best Dairy Cooperative/ Milk Producer Company/ Dairy Farmer Producer Organization).
- Best Artificial Insemination Technician (AIT)