Daily Current Affairs 5 November 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
PM Modi declared Mangarh Dham National Monument
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has declared Mangarh Dham in Rajasthan a national monument, as per a government statement released. He was addressing the ‘Mangarh Dham ki Gaurav Gatha’ programme at Mangarh Dham in Rajasthan’s Banswara.
- PM Modi mentioned that India’s past, present, and future are not complete without the tribal community. Mangarh Dham is a symbol of tenacity and sacrifices of tribals and added that this is the common heritage of Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharashtra, and Madhya Pradesh.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi also paid tribute to Bhil Freedom fighter Shri Govind Guru at the event.
Ganga Utsav 2022– The River Festival celebrated on 4th November
National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) vibrantly celebrated Ganga Utsav as an ode to the river’s significance to the people of India. The event witnessed the coming together of art and culture and people from different walks of life to honour the river’s sanctity.
- This year, the event was more special as it was dedicated to Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav which celebrates 75 years of independent India.
- As a part of this initiative, the Ganga Basin states will observe up to 75 special events to promote the local culture, raise awareness about the conservation and protection of the river, and generate employment opportunities. This was also the central theme of the day-long event hosted in the capital.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Unemployment Rate Surges to 7.77% in Oct against 6.43% in Sept: CMIE
Unemployment rate in the country in October rose to 7.77 per cent compared to 6.43 per cent in September, according to data released by Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE).Six out of the 25 states showed an unemployment rate in double figures.
- These included Haryana at 31.8 per cent, Rajasthan 30.7 per cent, Jammu and Kashmir at 22.4 per cent, Jharkhand at 16.5 per cent, Bihar at 14.5 per cent and Tripura at 10.5 per cent.
- Madhya Pradesh recorded the lowest unemployment rate at 0.9 per cent, followed by Chhattisgrah at 0.9 per cent, Odisha at 1.1 per cent and Gujrat at 1.7 per cent.
ICC T20 World Cup: Virat Kohli becomes 1st player to register a hat-trick in the history
Virat Kohli has hit the form and is scoring fifties in the ongoing ICC T20 World Cup. After playing a match-winning knock of 82 not out again Pakistan, he amassed an unbeaten 62 against the Netherlands.
- After failing in a game with South Africa in Perth, the 33-year-old came back to his back and registered a crucial fifty against Bangladesh at the Adelaide Oval.
- Kohli is the first player in the history of the T20 World Cup to score 3 or more fifty-plus knocks on three occasions.
Kerala to host Track Asia Cup 2022 Cycling Tournament
Kerala is all set to host the Track Asia Cup-2022 cycling tournament, one of the biggest cycling events, at the LNCPE outdoor velodrome near from November 25 to 28.
- Around 200 cyclists from over 25 countries in Asia will take part in the event, which is being conducted outside Delhi for the first time.
- Track Asia Cup is sanctioned by the Asian Cycling Confederation and Cycling Federation of India.The Cycling Association of Kerala informed that due to extreme heat, efforts are being made to hold the matches under flood lights.
Asian Continental Chess C’ship: India’s R Praggnanandhaa and PV Nandidhaa win titles
Top-seeded Indian Grandmaster R Praggnanandhaa and compatriot PV Nandhidhaa won the titles in the open and women’s sections, respectively, at the Asian Continental Chess Championship.
- Praggnanandhaa drew with compatriot B Adhiban in a 63-move game in the ninth and final round to emerge victorious with seven points.
- The 17-year-old Chennai player had gone into the final round with half a point lead over the rest of the field. He held off the challenge from the experienced Adhiban and shared honours to win the top prize.
Energy Efficiency Services Limited named Vishal Kapoor as CEO
Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) looannounced the appointment of Vishal Kapoor as its chief executive officer (CEO).
- Kapoor takes charge after completing his tenure as the joint secretary at the Ministry of Power. As joint secretary, he led various government interventions, schemes, and reforms in the distribution sector. He also spearheaded the cyber security and IT initiatives in the power sector.
Aruna Sairam Honoured With Chevalier Award by French Govt
France has decorated the Carnatic vocalist, composer, humanitarian and speaker Aruna Sairam with its prestigious Chevalier de l’Ordre des Arts et des Lettres (Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters) award. Its previous recipients from India have included Kamal Hassan, Soumitra Chatterjee and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
- Aruna Sairam has been selected for this award not just for her singing prowess, but also for her contribution towards development of the Indo-France relationship.
- Aruna Sairam has also received the US Congressional Award of Excellence and was also conferred appreciation by the Mayor of the City of New York and the city of San Diego.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Adani New Industries installs India’s largest wind turbine, taller than Statue of Unity
Adani New Industries Ltd (ANIL) announced that it has installed wind turbine taller than the world’s tallest ‘Statue of Unity’ in Gujarat. The wind turbine’s blades are wider than the wingspan of a jumbo jet in Gujarat’s Mundra.Installation of the wind turbine is part of ANIL’s renewable energy expansion plans.
- The wind turbine has been set up by Mundra Windtech Ltd (MWL), a wholly-owned subsidiary incorporated by Adani Enterprises Ltd (AEL).
- India’s tallest and largest wind turbine stands 200 metres tall and has a capacity to generate 5.2 MW of electricity and can power approximately 4,000 homes.
Arunachal Pradesh MLA Jambey Tashi passes away
Jambey Tashi, MLA from Lumla assembly seat in Arunachal Pradesh, died following illness. He was 48.
- Tashi (48), a three-time MLA from Lumla seat, was also a member of the National Minority Morcha of the BJP.
- A good badminton player and a widely travelled leader, he was known for his keen engagement with working for the downtrodden and preservation of the state’s rich traditional cultural heritage.