Daily Current Affairs 6 September for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Jal Jeevan Mission achieves milestone of 13 Crore Rural
The Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) achieved another milestone of providing tap water connections to 13 Crore rural households. Working with ‘speed and scale’, the life changing mission has increased the rural tap connection coverage from only 3.23 Crore households at the start of the Mission in August, 2019 to 13 crore in just 4 years.
- As on date, 6 States namely Goa, Telangana, Haryana, Gujarat, Punjab and Himachal Pradesh) and 3 UTs – Puducherry, D&D and D&NH and A&N Islands, have reported 100% coverage. Bihar at 96.39%, followed by Mizoram at 92.12%, are also poised to achieve saturation in the near future.
- Goa, Haryana, Punjab, A&N Islands, Puducherry, D&NH and D&D are ‘Har Ghar Jal certified States/ UTs i.e., in these states/ UTs, the villagers have confirmed through Gram Sabhas that ‘all households and public institutions’ in the village are getting adequate, safe and regular supply of water. As many as 145 districts and 1,86,818 villages in the country have reported 100% coverage.
India unveils world’s first portable hospital Arogya Maitri Cube
Operation theatre, mini-ICU, ventilator, blood test equipment, X-ray machine, cooking station, food, water, shelter, power generator and much more – India has built the world’s first disaster hospital, that can be airlifted, packed in 72 cubes.
- Known as the ‘Aarogya Maitri Cube’, India has built the product under project BHISHM – Bharat Health Initiative for Sahyog Hita and Maitri – which includes three frames, each accommodating 12 mini-cubes.
- The cage can fit in 36 mini-cubes, including almost everything that can be packed for survival for a period of 48 hours for 100 survivors. The design allows joining two cages – master cube one and master cube two, including 72 cubes in total – with damage control capabilities for 200 survivors.
Centre signs MoU with Adobe to help children learn AI
Union Ministry of Education signed an agreement with global software major Adobe to help children develop creative expression in classrooms using the application Adobe Express.
- Training and certification in creativity and digital literacy will be provided to about 20 million students and 5,00,000 teachers by 2027 using Adobe Express-based curriculum.
- This partnership will create a new standard and benchmark for students. He congratulated the education ecosystem for having a collaborative MoU with an important multinational and global company.
Shri Dharmendra Pradhan launches the Malaviya Mission – Teachers Training Programme by University Grants Commission
Union Minister for Education and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Shri Dharmendra Pradhan launched the Malaviya Mission – Teachers Training Programme by the University Grants Commission at Kaushal Bhawan, New Delhi.
- He also inaugurated the Portal of the Programme and released its information brochure. Organised by the University Grants Commission, in association with the Ministry of Education, the Malaviya Mission – Teacher Training Programme aims to provide tailored training programmes for teachers.
- This programme will work for the capacity building of faculty members in higher educational institutions.
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI allows pre-sanctioned credit lines through UPI
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) System will also include pre-sanctioned credit lines issued by banks for transactions.
- Earlier, only the deposited amount could be transacted through the UPI System.
- On April 6, 2023, the Reserve Bank proposed to expand the scope of the Unified Payments Interface by enabling transfer to/from pre-sanctioned credit lines at banks.
SBI announces introduction of UPI interoperability on CBDC
The State Bank of India (SBI) said it has implemented UPI interoperability in its digital rupee, called Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC).With this move, the bank aims to deliver unprecedented convenience and accessibility to its customers, SBI said in a statement.
- This cutting-edge feature, accessible through the ‘eRupee by SBI’ application will empower SBI CBDC users to effortlessly scan any merchant UPI QR code for swift and secure transactions, it said.
- SBI was among the first few banks to participate in the RBI’s retail digital e-rupee project in December 2022.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
India Post Partners with Shiprocket to Enhance E-commerce Exports
The Indian Ministry of Communications announced that its Department of Posts has partnered with e-commerce enablement platform Bigfoot Retail Solution Private Limited (Shiprocket).
- The partnership is designed to boost Indian e-commerce exports by leveraging India Post’s network and shipping capabilities.
- The collaboration aims to enhance e-commerce exports by leveraging India Post’s extensive presence and reliable shipping solutions.
Tabreed to set up Asia’s largest district cooling project in Hyderabad
Tabreed, an Abu Dhabi-based cooling-as-a-service provider, has announced investments to the tune of $200 million to develop 1,25,000 refrigeration tons (RT) of cooling infrastructure for the Hyderabad Pharma City.
- Tabreed (National Central Cooling Company) entered into a memorandum of understanding with the Telangana government to facilitate the establishment of the facility.
- The project, which is being taken up in a public-private partnership, seeks to provide sustainable long-term cooling services through the cooling-as-a-service model for process cooling and storage requirements of industrial units.
Amul to be official sponsor of Indian Contingent for XIX Asian Games 2022
The country’s leading milk cooperative Amul will be the official sponsor of the Indian Contingent for the 19th Asian Games 2022 to be held in Hangzhou, China from September 23 to October 8, 2023.
- The XIX Asian Games 2022 will feature 482 events across 40 sports. The Asian Games, also known as Asiad, is a continental multi-sport event held every fourth year among athletes from all over Asia.
Nattaya Boochatham becomes 1st bowler from associate nation to pick up 100 Wickets in T20s
The Thai women’s Cricketer Nattaya Boochatham became the first Associate player to reach the milestone of dismissing 100 T20I wickets in group-stage matche in ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Asia region qualifiers.
- The all-rounder Nattaya Boochatham plays for Thailand women’s national cricket team and has played a total of 73 WT20I matches, scalped 101 wickets and marked a milestone on the match against Kuwait Women on the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup regional qualifiers.
- The Thailand spinner is currently ranked 38 in the MRF tyres ICC women’s T20I bowling rankings and is the only Thai player in the top 50 rankings.Currently, she is placed in the 11th place on the Bowlers with 100 WT20I wickets