Daily Current Affairs 7 December 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Google launches anti-misinformation campaign in India
Google’s (GOOGL.O) Jigsaw subsidiary is launching a new anti-misinformation project in India, aimed at preventing misleading information that has been blamed for inciting violence.
- The initiative will use “prebunking” videos – designed to counter false claims before they become widespread – circulated on the company’s YouTube platform and other social media sites.
US, India Navy Conduct Joint Special Forces Exercise In Goa
The 7th edition of Exercise Sangam, a joint Naval Special Forces exercise between Indian Navy MARCOs and US Navy SEALs held in Goa.
IMD Issue Warning of Formation of Cyclone Mandous Over Bay of Bengal
The second cyclone – Mandous – of the post monsoon season is likely to form over southwest Bay of Bengal and hit the east coast in Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Andhra Pradesh, the India Meteorological Department predicted.
India is expected to become Eighth-Largest Advertising Market in 2023: GroupM Report
According to GroupM’s global end-of-year forecast, India is expected to surpass Brazil to become the eighth-largest advertising market in 2023. In ‘This Year, Next Year 2022’, GroupM has ranked India as the ninth-largest advertising market globally.
- According to the report, India’s total advertising revenue in 2022 has grown by 15.8 per cent to touch $14.9 billion, led by growth in pure-play digital advertising. In 2023, it is expected to increase by 16.8 per cent.
HAL and BEL in the top 100 defence companies list of SIPRI
Two Indian military equipment-making companies have made it to the list of top 100 global companies making arms, weapons, military planes and equipment.
- The arms sales of Hindustan Aeronautics (ranked 42nd) and Bharat Electronics (ranked 63th) increased by 6.7 per cent and 20 per cent, respectively, over the last year.
- The details were released by Swedish think-tank Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) in its report ‘Top 100 arms-producing and military services companies, 2021’.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Adani Green becomes world’s largest wind-solar hybrid power developer with 450 MW Rajasthan plant
Adani Green has commissioned a 450 MW wind-solar hybrid power plant in Rajasthan. With the new hybrid plant in Jaisalmer, Adani Green Energy has the largest operational hybrid power generation capacity of 1,440 MW. AGEL has a total operational generation capacity of 7.17 GW, making it the largest wind-solar hybrid power farm developer.
World Bank upgrades India’s GDP growth forecast for 2022-23 to 6.9 percent from 6.5 percent
The World Bank said that the Indian economy is set to grow at 6.9 per cent in 2022-23, raising its forecast of 6.5 per cent growth made in October.
Sukant strikes gold at Peru Para Badminton International
World No 3 Sukant Kadam smashed his way to a gold medal at the recently concluded Peru Para-Badminton International, defeating ace shuttler defeated Singapore’s Chee Hiong Ang. India won 14 medals in total (6 gold, 1 silver and 7 bronze).
C.N. Manjunath, Krishnappa G. and S. Shadakshari received Nadoja Award
Cardiologist and director of Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences and Research C.N. Manjunath, writer Krishnappa G. and social activist and businessman S. Shadakshari have been selected for the Nadoja Award given by Kannada University in Hampi. The dignitaries will be honoured with the award by Governor Thawarchand Gehlot, who is the Chancellor of the university.
- The Nadoja Award is a prestigious award presented annually by Kannada University, Hampi, India to eminent personalities for their contribution in various fields. The word “Nadoja” belongs to Adikavi Pampa which means `teacher to the Land’s and Instituted in 1995.
Former Union minister and noted economist Yoginder Alagh passes away
Prof Yoginder K Alagh, renowned economist, academic and a former Union minister, has passed away. He was emeritus professor at Ahmedabad-based Sardar Patel Institute of Economic and Social Research (SPIESR).
- He was the Chairman of Institute of Rural Management Anand from 2006 to 2012. He was the Chancellor of the Central University of Gujarat, Gandhinagar.