Daily Current Affairs 9 & 10 October 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Bhupesh Baghel inaugurates Chhattisgarh Olympics to promote state’s culture
Chhattisgarh chief minister Bhupesh Baghel inaugurated the state’s own Olympics. Baghel inaugurated the grand multi-sport event at Balbir Singh Juneja Indoor Stadium in Raipur, claiming to revive the age-old-tradition of traditional games namely ‘langdi’, ‘bhaura’, ‘bati’ (kancha), and ‘pitthul’.
MS Dhoni launches Made-in-India camera drone ‘Droni’
Indian cricket star Mahendra Singh Dhoni launched a ‘made-in-India camera drone’ named ‘Droni’ with advanced features manufactured by Garuda Aerospace. It has ventured into the consumer drone market with ‘Droni’.
- Dhoni is the brand ambassador of Garuda Aerospace, a company that has attempted to offer drone solutions for agricultural pesticide spraying, solar panel cleaning, industrial pipeline inspections, mapping, surveying, public announcements, and delivery services.
IFC launches financing platform to respond to global food crisis
Responding to rising food insecurity, World Bank’s private sector investment arm, the International Finance Corp. (IFC) has launched a new, $6 billion financing facility to strengthen private sector’s ability to respond to the crisis and help support food production.
- The war in Ukraine and an uneven global recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic have added to rising levels of hunger and malnourishment, which already have been worsened by climate change and increasingly severe weather events that are damaging harvests and reducing yields, the statement reads.
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI launches concept note to create awareness about Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC)
The Reserve Bank Of India has released a concept note on the Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC). The CBDC is a digital form of currency notes issued by a central bank. While most central banks across the globe are exploring the issuance of CBDC, the key motivations for its issuance are specific to each country’s unique requirements.
- This Concept Note explains the objectives, choices, benefits and risks of issuing a CBDC in India, referred to as e₹ (digital Rupee). The e₹ will provide an additional option to the currently available forms of money.
- It is substantially not different from banknotes, but being digital it is likely to be easier, faster and cheaper. It also has all the transactional benefits of other forms of digital money.
Harmanpreet Singh and Felice Albers named FIH Player of the Year
India men’s hockey team defender and vice-captain Harmanpreet Singh has been voted the FIH Player of the Year for the second year running.
- The 26-year-old became just the fourth player to win the Player of the Year award (men’s category) in consecutive years, joining an elite list that includes Teun De Nooijer (Netherlands), Jamie Dwyer (Australia) and Arthur van Doren (Belgium).
- Netherlands’ Felice Albers has been voted the FIH Player of the Year in the women’s category.
Pankaj Advani wins his 25th World title in Kuala Lumpur
India’s leading cueist Pankaj Advani claimed his 25th world title after outclassing compatriot Sourav Kothari 4-0 in the 150 up billiards final at the World Championships in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Pankaj’s last world title came over 12 months ago in Qatar where he won the IBSF Six-Red Snooker World Cup.
Max Verstappen wins Japanese GP F1 title
Red Bull driver Max Verstappen was declared Formula One world champion after winning a dramatic rain-shortened Japanese Grand Prix. This was the 25-year-old Dutchman’s second championship in a row, which he won with four races to go.
Gulf Oil ropes in Smriti Mandhana as brand ambassador
Gulf Oil Lubricants has brought on board cricketer Smriti Mandhana, as its new brand ambassador. With this association, Gulf Oil claims to have become the first company in the lubricant space to appoint a woman cricketer as ambassador to represent the organisation and its ethos.
Samajwadi Party founder, former UP CM Mulayam Singh Yadav passes away at 82
Samajwadi Party (SP) founder and former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Mulayam Singh Yadav passed away in Gurgaon. He was 82 years old.
- Yadav was in poor health for some time and was admitted to a hospital in the city on August 22.
IREDA celebrates “Cyber Jaagrukta Diwas”
To create cybersecurity awareness among all employees, Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. (IREDA) observed the “Cyber Jaagrukta Diwas”.
- Cyber Jaagrukta Diwas is an initiative launched by the Ministry of Home Affairs that requires all government organizations to spread cybersecurity awareness. It is observed on first Wednesday of every month. The purpose is to create awareness and sensitize the Internet users on safeguarding against cyber frauds and cybercrimes.