Daily Current Affairs 8 October 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Centre constitutes a 9-member task force for monitoring Cheetah introduction project
The Centre has constituted a Task Force for monitoring Cheetah introduction in Kuno National Park in Madhya Pradesh and other suitable designated areas. The National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) would facilitate the working of Cheetah Task Force and render all necessary help. The nine member task force will include Principal Secretaries, Forests and Tourism of Madhya Pradesh, and the Inspector General of NTCA, New Delhi Dr. Amit Mallick.
- Cheetah restoration is part of a prototype or model for restoration of original cheetah habitats and their biodiversity. This will help to stem the degradation and rapid loss of biodiversity.
Ex-CJI named head of panel on SC status for Dalit converts
The centre has appointed a three-member commission, headed by former Chief Justice of India K G Balakrishnan, to consider the possibility of granting SC status to “new persons who have historically belonged to the Scheduled Castes’’ but have converted to religions other than Hinduism, Buddhism and Sikhism.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
HDFC Life launches Insure India Campaign
HDFC Life, one of India’s leading life insurers has launched the ‘Insure India’ campaign that is aimed at educating Indians on the benefits of life insurance as a product category.
- As part of this campaign, the Company will host chat shows, hold on-ground activities, webinars, etc., thus engaging with consumers both directly as well as indirectly through its wide network of distributors.
Bank of India Mutual Fund appoints Mohit Bhatia as CEO
Bank of India Investment Managers Private Ltd has announced that it has appointed Mohit Bhatia as its chief executive officer, effective 4 October.
Sibi George appointed India’s next ambassador to Japan
Senior Diplomat Sibi George has been appointed as the next Indian Ambassador to Japan. Sibi George is a 1993-batch Indian Foreign Service Officer. He is currently serving as the ambassador of India to Kuwait.
- Sibi George will replace Sanjay Kumar Verma as the representative of India to Japan.
Kishore Kumar Poludasu appointed as new MD and CEO of SBI General Insurance
SBI General Insurance Company has announced the appointment of Kishore Kumar Poludasu as its new Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer. He was nominated by the parent company, State Bank of India, for the position and has been appointed with effect from 4th October 2022.
Justice Dinesh Sharma to head UAPA tribunal related to the ban on PFI
The Centre has appointed Justice Dinesh Kumar Sharma of the Delhi High Court as the presiding officer of the tribunal for the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA), related to the ban on the Popular Front of India (PFI) and its associates.
The SASTRA Ramanujan Prize for 2022 will be awarded to Yunqing Tang
The SASTRA Ramanujan Prize for 2022 will be awarded to Yunqing Tang, Assistant Professor at the University of California, Berkeley, USA. The Award is instituted by the Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy (SASTRA), Tamil Nadu in 2005.
- The award includes a cash prize of $10,000 and it is presented annually to individuals aged 32 and below, who made an outstanding contribution to the field of mathematics.
Veteran actor Arun Bali passes away
Veteran actor Arun Bali passed away in Mumbai. He was 79. Arun Bali was suffering from a rare neuromuscular disease, Myasthenia Gravis.
- Some of his popular films are Saugandh, Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman, Khalnayak, Satya, Hey Ram, Lage Raho Munna Bhai, 3 Idiots, Ready, Barfi, Manmarziyaan, Baaghi, PK, Kedarnath, Samrat Prithviraj, Laal Singh Chaddha and the latest Goodbye, amongst others.