English Double Fillers Question Bank PO
Direction: Fill in the blanks with appropriate word to form a meaningful sentence.
- Recent ______ suggest that the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is on the path to re-establishing its_________ .
A) crisis, prospect
B) events, credibility
C) circumstances, praise
D) occasion, praise
- The national food processing policy draft brought out by the government for public comments, though good in parts, needs a _______ of some of its key _______ to ensure inclusive growth of this sector.
A) survey, doubts
B) retrospect, disbelief
C) review, tenets
D) policy, terms
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India’s (Sebi’s) plan to open the commodity derivatives market to more participants and add new trading products is well advised, even though extreme ______ is _______ while implementing it.
A) vigilance, diverted
B) negligence, avaoided
C) guidance, performed
D) caution, imperative
- The ________ surrounding electronic voting machines (EVMs) refuses to _________ .
A) discussion, hit
B) controversy, die
C) dispute, bear
D) dynamic, end
- Vodafone and Idea Cellular have decided to merge in order to __________ in an industry that is seeing its fortunes dip with each ________ quarter.
A) survive, passing
B) handle, crossing
C) endure, appearing
D) progress, proving
- The draft of the new model agricultural marketing law, ______ by the government to invite public comments, aims at removing _________ in farm marketing and ensuring just and transparently discovered prices to farmers.
A) poised, transparency
B) mounted, possibility
C) floated, deficiencies
D) hasten, scarcity
- A recent notification by the ministry of human resource development making the Aadhaar card mandatory for school-going children to _______ the mid-day meals (MDM) served in government schools has justifiably created a __________ .
A) account, pool
B) avail, furore
C) benefit, rumour
D) serve, anger
- The _______ of a letter written by the Indian Banks’ Association requesting the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to relax debt restructuring guidelines is ______ surprising.
A) benefit, frequently
B) author, perfectly
C) timing, hardly
D) adjustment, very
- International Women’s Day on March 8 is meant to celebrate the achievements and contributions of a _______ that has a long history of oppression, and to ________ the importance of gender equality in society.
A) female, take back
B) gender, reiterate
C) woman, nullify
D) person, mimic
- Given India’s continuing jobs crisis, the government has increasingly ______ to entrepreneurship and start-ups as a possible way of meeting some of young Indians’ aspirations and employment demand that are not being ______ in the current system.
A) cornered, carried
B) expected, recognised
C) turned, fulfilled
D) revised, executed
14 Thoughts to “English: Double Fillers for Upcoming Exams Set 18”
1) furore- an outbreak of public anger or excitement
Syno – tumult…uproar…outcry
Sent – The great British furore over Easter.
2) reiterate- say something number of times..typically for emphasis or clarity
Sen- Reports reiterate value of strong policy signals in clean energy.
3) tenets – a principle or belief
Sent – In democratic societies, the freedom of speech is a basic tenet.
thank u suraj sir
I have been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts in this sort of space . Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this website. Studying this information So i?m glad to convey that I’ve a very good uncanny feeling I found out just what I needed. I so much undoubtedly will make certain to do not overlook this site and give it a glance regularly.
I love the way this blog is written – it’s clear, concise, and easy to understand.
This blog is an invaluable resource for anyone looking to stay informed and educated on the topic.
Your blog provides a safe space for readers to share their thoughts and experiences.