There is error in one of the parts in the following sentences. Mark the option which contains parts (A, B, C, D) which contain error. If no part contains error mark option E as your answer
- (A) In India, we tend to obsess a lot about the growth rate of national income, worrying if it drops /(B) even a tenth of percentage point below market expectations, and /(C) checking fiscal and monetary indicators with /(D) respect to the value of the national product.
tenth of percentage = tenth of A percentage
- (A) Compared to the last year, when she was number one ranked female tennis player in the world, 2017 /(B) isn’t shaping well for Angelique Kerber. In 2016, besides US Open, /(C) she won the Australian Open as well and even managed to reach Wimbledon final. This year, Kerber suffered /(D) multiple blows, including elimination from the French Open where she was No. 1 seed.
- (A) On behalf of the entire Arizona Coyotes organization, our fans, and our corporate partners, /(B) we would like to thank Shane for everything that he’s done for our franchise over the past 21 years. /(C) Shane had an incredible career over the ice and we are very proud of everything that he accomplished in a Coyotes /(D) uniform. He will be remembered as one of the greatest captains in NHL history.
on the ice
- (A) After the Philadelphia Eagles’ starting quarterback Carson Wentz /(B) go down with an injury, the team wasn’t given much chance to make a deep playoff run, /(C) while the Super Bowl appearance seemed like a distant dream. The major reason for that was Wentz’s /(D) backup Nick Foles, who struggled with production after stepping up in as his replacement.
go down = went down
- (A) Lindsey Vonn won her previous two medals at 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver /(B) when she captured gold in downhill and bronze in Super-G. Series of /(C) injuries including ACL tears and bone fractures have caused a setback in her career and eventually forced her to miss the /(D) 2014 Winter Games in Sochi. All this makes her bronze medal more valuable.
All of this
- (A) The reality is that the average profiles in the business world mirror the average in /(B) all walks of life —good and bad. But there is always far more good than bad. /(C) The wheat outweighs the chaff. However, in business and related /(D) matters, the chaff now seems to be on an increase.
on an increase. = on the increase.
- (A) Business must be particularly sensitive to separate the wheat from the chaff; it has /(B) to demonstrate which things or people in a group are good or /(C) necessary and which are not. Others judging events must not forget that when you separate the wheat from /(D) the chaff you must end up keeping the wheat, or the whole effort is for nothing.
- (A) We cannot afford to validate misplaced suggestions that we may be a land /(B) of ad-hoc decisions. A stable economic environment call for maturity /(C) and forbearance and therefore merits processes, /(D) objectives and messaging rather than penalty and punishment.
environment call = environment calls
- (A) Letter of Undertaking is a bank guarantee under which a bank allows its customer to raise /(B) money from another Indian bank’s foreign branch in the form of short-term credit. /(C) The loan is used to make payment /(D) to the customer’s offshore suppliers in the foreign currency.
the foreign currency = foreign currency
- (A) LoUs are important instruments that allow those in the import trade to transact their /(B) business. As an importer in India cannot simply buy dollars and send it /(C) abroad to make payments to his supplier, various instruments such as /(D) LoUs and Letters of Credit are required to carry out the transaction.