IBPS conducted RRB PO Main Exam on 11th December, 2016. The overall exam was moderate. There were 5 sections as Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, English, GA and Computer. The number of questions and maximum marks are as under:
There is different cutoff for different states in RRB PO so good attempts also differ.
The topics in different sections are as under:
The section was moderate overall. The topics asked were:
- Number series – 5 Questions
- Quadratic Equations – 5 Questions
- Data Interpretation – 3 sets (5 questions each)
- Miscellaneous topics like Partnership, Profit/Loss, Average, Boats & Stream, CI/SI, Ratio and Proportion, Ages, Time & Work, etc. – 15 Questions
The section was moderate to difficult. The topics asked were:
Syllogism – 6 Questions
Alphabetical Series – 3 Questions
- Coding/Decoding – 1 Question
Arrangements and Puzzles – 4 sets (5 questions each)
- Logical Reasoning – 8 questions
Miscellaneous (Direction, blood relation, ranking, etc)– 2 Questions
The section was moderate carrying. The topics asked were:
Reading Comprehension – 10 Questions
Cloze test – 10 Questions
- Error correction– 5 Questions
Jumbled Paragraph (find odd one) – 5 Questions
Spelling Error – 5 Questions
- Odd one out – 5 Questions
Both current affairs and static GK questions were asked. The section was moderate. Mainly Current Affairs questions were asked.
The section was easy that students could attempt good number of questions.