We are providing you with a full length mock for the upcoming IBPS RRB PO Main 2021 Exam.
- Share your marks in the comment section below.
- You can take this mock as many times you want.
- If you find any mistake, please tell us in the comment section.
- There are 200 questions and time limit is 120 minutes. Questions (1-40) – Quantitative Aptitude. Questions (41-80) – Reasoning. Questions (81-120) – English language. Questions (121-160) – General Awareness. Questions (161-200) – Computer
- Click on start to start the mock test. The timer will start running. At the end, submit the mock. You will get number of correct answers by you and solutions.
Directions (1-5): Study the following and answer the questions:
- (12×50/99.99 )/53.81 × 100 = 5.95/54 × 100.05 ×?
- 49 × 10/5.99 × 100/7.01 × 5/35 ×7/100 = 5 ×?
70/6 = 5*?
? = 7/3 = 2
- (25.95 + 16.15)% of 5399 − (29.81 + 11.99)% of 2401 = ?
1220126011501180None of theseOption B
? = 42*54 – 42*24 = 1260
- (1903.85 + 2040.15) – ?/100 × 66299 = 2618.13
- 850 (6/5 × 14.98 + 5/4 × 19.95) =?
36550350003758036500None of theseOption A
- What is the age of the Rakesh in his family?
A) Total age of Rakesh, his father, his mother & his sister is 90 years.
B) Average age of Rakesh, his mother and his sister is 18 years and 4 months.
C) Average age of his mother and sister is four seventh of his father’s age.Only A and BOnly COnly B and CAll A,B and CNone of theseOption D
From A, Raghu + Father + Mother +Sister = 90 years
From B, Raghu + Mother + Sister = 18 1/3 × 3 years
From C, Mother + Sister =4/7 × 2 Father
From all three statements together, the answer can be obtained.
- What is the selling price of the mobile set if no discount is offered?
A) Profit earned was 20% when no discount was offered.
B) Had 10% discount been offered on selling price the profit would have been Rs. 1200.
C) Cost price is Rs. 15000
Any two of the threeOnly A and BOnly B and COnly A and CNone of theseOption A
From A & B,
Let CP = x
Now, New S.P =6x/5×90/100=54x/50
⇒54x/50 − x = 1200 ⇒ x = 15000
SP. = 18000
& from C & A, we can obtain selling price.
& from B & C,
Let S.P. = x
When 10% discount,
9x/10− 15000 = 1200 ⇒ x = 18000
Thus, any two of the three statements are required.
- 12 female and 8 children can complete a piece of work in 24 days together. How many days will it take for 12 male and 12 female to complete the same work?
A) 2 male can do as much work as 3 female and 2 children can do together.
B) 3 female can do as much work as 6 children can do.
C) All of them together can complete the entire work in 768/67 days.Only COnly A and BEither A or BNo need of any informationNone of theseOption B
12F + 8C → 24 days
⇒ 3F + 2C → 24×4 days
From A, 2M = (3F + 2C)
⇒ 2M → 24 × 4 days
⇒ 1M → 24 × 4 × 2 days
3F = 6C ⇒ F = 2C
⇒ 1F → 24 × 16 days
from A + B, 12M + 12F → (1/24×8 +1/24×16) × 12→1/16 +1/32 →32/3days
Not known no. of persons.
- Train crosses a tunnel in 24 seconds. Find out length of the tunnel?
A)Ratio between the length of platform and train is 7 : 5.
B)The train crosses the platform in 18 seconds.
C)The speed of the train is 54 km/h.Only AOnly B and COnly A and CAll statements are requiredNone of theseOption D
Let length of tunnel and speed of train be x m and v m/s respectively.
speed = x+length of train/24
From A, Length of platform=7/5× length of train
From A+B, length of train = 18 × v ×5/12
From C, v = 54 ×5/18= 15 m/sec
All statements are required
- What is the marked price of the mobile set?
A)Shopkeeper gives 15% discount on the mobile set and he earns a total profit of 20 percent.
B) The cost price of a cover is 40% less than the cost price of mobile set.
C) By selling the cover in Rs.560 a profit of 10 percent is earned.Only two of the threeOnly AOnly B and CEither B or CAll statements are requiredOption E
Let M.P of mobile set = Rs 100x
From A, SP of mobile set = Rs 85x
From B, CP of cover = 85x ×100/120×60/100
From C, 85x * 100/120 ×60/100 * 110/100= 560
From all three statements together, the answer can be obtained.
- Find the total number of employees working on level B?
178168184160None of theseOption C
- Female employees working on level E constitutes what percent of total number of employees in the organization?
6 4/7%7 11/27%5 13/25%25%None of theseOption B
Req=80/1080 * 100
- What is the respective ratio of male employees working at level A to the female employees working at level E?
11:1318:1915:1610:9None of theseOption C
Ratio=75:80 = 15:16
- What is the total number of employees working at level A, level B and level C?
- The number of female employees of which level is equal to the number of male employees of level C?
Level ALevel CLevel BLevel DLevel EOption C
- What is the ratio of value of Q to that of value of P?
1:91:52:35:7None of theseOption A
Time taken to cover 2/15 th of total distance between Dehradun to Lakhimpur = 1 hour 12 minutes =6/5 hours
P = 9Q
Time taken by Vimal to reach ‘Dhaba’ = 6/12= 30 minutes
Time at Vimal again took bus = 12:47 pm
Distance travel at the speed of 1.25Q = (P −2P/15− 6 − 118) =(13P−1860)/15km
Time taken to travel the distance at 1.25Q = 17.47 pm – 12.47 pm = 5 hours
(13P−1860)/15= 1.25Q × 5
13P – 1860 = 93.75Q
117Q −1860 = 93.75Q
23.25Q = 1860
Q = 80 km/hr
P = 9 × 80 = 720 km
Since, Lakhimpur is 118 km away where Vimal met to Sahil.
Speed of Vimal = 12 ×4/3= 16 km/hr
So, time taken by Veer to reach Lucknow at usual speed = 118/16= 442.5 minutes
ATQ −(442.5 −118×60/𝑅) = 88.5
354R = 7080
R = 20 km/hr
Time taken by Vimal = 20 hours
So, time taken by Sahil = 20 × 1.2 = 24 hours
Total work = 120 units (LCM of time taken by Vimal & Sahil)
Efficiency of Vimal = 120/20 = 6 units/hour
Efficiency of Sahil = 120/24 = 5 units/hour
Efficiency of Aman=4 units/hour
Time taken by Vimal, Sahil & Aman together (S) = 120/15 = 8 hours
Wage share of Vimal = 21600 *6/15= 8640
Wage share of Sahil = 21600 ×5/15= 7200
Wage share of Aman = 21600 ×4/15= 5760
Profit ratio of Vimal, Sahil & Aman = (8640 × 2) ∶ (7200 × 2) ∶ (5760 × 2) = 6 : 5 : 4
Profit share of Vimal (T) = 27900 ×6/15= Rs 11160
- Value of Q is what times of value of R?
2 times4 times3 times7 times9 timesOption B
- What is value of S?
5 hours6 hours8 hours9 hoursNone of theseOption C
- What is the value of T?
Rs 11160Rs 12120Rs 10050Rs 11550None of theseOption A
- Vimal invested his profit share in a scheme for two years which offers CI at 20% per annum. Find the compound interest received in 2nd year?
Rs 8370Rs 8550Rs 7420Rs 6580Rs 5480Option A
- a)6a^2 + 7a + 2=0
b)3b^2 + 8b+ 5=0
if a>bif a≥bif b>aif b≥aif a=b or no relation can be establishedOption A
a=-1/2 , -2/3
b=-1 , -5/3
- a)7a^2 -23a +6=0
b)b^2 -7b +12=0if a>bif a≥bif b>aif b≥aif a=b or no relation can be establishedOption D
a=3 , 2/7
- a)5a^2 +13a – 6=0
b)2b^2 +13b -7=0if a>bif a≥bif b>aif b≥aif a=b or no relation can be establishedOption E
a=2/5 , -3
b= -7 , 1/2
b)6a+5b=8if a>bif a≥bif b>aif b≥aif a=b or no relation can be establishedOption C
- a)a^2 -19a +88 =0
b)b^2 + b -56=0if a>bif a≥bif b>aif b≥aif a=b or no relation can be establishedOption A
a=8 , 11
b = 7 , -8
- 92, 117, 217, 442, 842, x
1578152214501467None of theseOption D
Difference of +25 , +100 , +225 , +400 , +625
- x, 212, 339, 508, 725, 996
115118125121None of theseOption D
5^3 – 4
- 4, 6, 9, 13.5, 20.25, x
32.50530.37528.55030.550None of theseOption B
- 81, x , 155, 276, 445, 734
+25 , +49 , +121 , +169 , +289
- 5986, 2996, 1502, 756, x , 199
356350384320None of theseOption C
- If 20% of registered voters in tehsil Q did not cast their vote and 10 % of votes cast were found invalid. Find no. of valid votes cast in tehsil Q?.
No of valid votes in tehsil Q=10000 * 25/100 *80/100 *90/100 = 1800
- In tehsil R, 10% of registered voters did not cast their vote and no vote was invalid from the votes which were cast. The winning candidate defeated the other candidate by 12% of votes cast. Find no. of votes obtained by losing candidate. (There are only 2 candidates contesting in elections in tehsil R)
792815850748None of theseOption A
Total valid votes in Tehsil R=10000 * 20/100 * 90/100 =1800
Let winning candidate got x% of votes cast and losing one got (x-12)%
Therefore,44/100 * 1800 =792
- Find average number of registered voters in tehsil R , S and T?
2500220020001950None of theseOption C
(25+20+15)/100 * 10000/3 =2000
- In tehsil P, Q, S & T votes cast by only 70%, 65%, 80% and 75% of registered voters respectively. From which tehsil among P, Q, S & T did maximum voters cast their votes?
PSTQNone of theseOption D
- Average no. of registered voters from tehsil P & R is what percent of average no. of registered voters from tehsil Q, S and T?
Average number of registered voters from tehsil P and R=10000/ 2 * 20+20/100 =20000
Average number of registered voters from tehsil Q,S and T=2000
Percenetage=2000/2000 * 100 =100%
- Two friends Priyanka and Queen start from some point ‘P’ and travelled in same direction. Ratio of speed of Priyanka to speed of Queen is 6 : 5. After 2 hours ‘Priyanka’ continues to move in same direction but Queen stops. After 5 hours distance between them becomes 100 km. Find the speed of Priyanka?
36 km/hr20 km/hr24 km/hr30 km/hrNone of theseOption D
Let speed be 6x and 5x km/hr repsecively of Priyanka and Queen.
Aftr 2 hours distance between Priyanka and Queen is =2(6x-5x)=2x km
Aftr 5 hours distance between Priyanka and Queen is =2x+3*6x = 20x km
20x=100 == 5
Speed of Priyanka=6x = 6*5 = 30 km/hr
- The ratio of length of two train P and Q are 7 : 11. If these two train crosses each other while travelling in same direction in 144 sec given that speed of train P and Q is 99 kmph and 63 kmph respectively. Then find the difference between length of both train?
260 m320 m300 m220 m310 mOption B
Let length of train P=7x
Let length of train Q=11x
7x+11x/(99-63)*5/18 = 144
Therefore,length of train P=80*7=560 m
- What is the speed of bus (in km/hr), which overtakes a running train in 20 second. Length of train is 180 meter and its speed is 33⅓% less than speed of bus. (Bus’s length is negligible)?
82 km/hr85.5 km/hr90 km/hr97.2 km/hrNone of theseOption D
Time = 20 sec
Let speed of bus=x m/s
So speed of train=2/3 x m/s
x=27 m/s = 97.2 km/hr
- Akansha and Lokesh invested Rs X and Rs (X+10,000) in a scheme which offers 20% pa at C.I. Total interest earned by both in two years is Rs 13200. Find Lokesh’s initial investment?
Rs 20000Rs 15000Rs 10000Rs 22000Rs 26000Option A
- Riya is 25% more efficient than Rakesh and Rakesh is 20% less efficient than Roma. If Roma completes a job in 20 days, then in how many days Riya will complete the same job?
15 days20 days12 days25 daysNone of theseOption B
- Who among the following person likes Infinix mobile?
CarylAkashBrijeshDineshNone of theseOption A
- Which of the following mobile Brijesh likes?
- Which of the following combination is true?
Sunday-Farah-HonorMonday-Brijesh-InfinixFriday-Akash-AppleSaturday-Caryl-InfinixAll are trueOption C
- Four of the following five are alike in certain way based from a group, find the one that does not belong to that group?
- Who among the following person goes on Saturday?
BrijeshAkashDineshFarahEither c or dOption C
- What is the age difference between Tanushree and Shivani?
4 years5 years8 years6 yearsNone of theseOption D
- What is the age of Varsha?
30 years25 years50 years35 yearsNone of theseOption C
- How many persons sit between the one who is 36 years old and Queen?
- Who among the following is 42 years old?
UnnatiShivaniWeomQueenNone of theseOption B
- Which of the following statement is true about Weom?
Tanushree sits immediate right of WeomPriyanka sits third to the right of WeomOnly one person sits between Weom and QueenWeom is 42 years oldAll are trueOption A
a)Only a few P is W.
b)Only B is R.
c)No W is B.
a) All W is P is a possibility
b) Some B is P is a possibility
c)All R is W is a possibilityOnly a and b followsOnly b followsOnly a and c followsOnly a followsNone of theseOption A
a)Only C is T.
b)Some C is M.
c)Only a few M is W.
a) Some T can be W.
b) All W is M is a possibility
c) All C is M is a possibilityOnly a followsOnly a and b followsOnly b followsOnly a and c followsNone of theseOption C
a)Only a few R is M.
b)Some S is M.
c)No C is M.
a) All R is C is a possibility
b) All R is M is a possibility
c) Some C is S is a possibilityOnly a followsOnly b followsOnly a and b followsOnly c followsNone of theseOption D
- If the expression ‘B%T&W*D%C@O%Z’ is true, what is the shortest distance between C and T?
21 m18 m√34 m√23 mNone of theseOption C
- If the expression ‘X@E*U@H@D*C’ is true, what is the direction of D with respect to U?
NorthNorth EastWestSouth WestNone of theseOption C
What is the direction of point V with respect to point T?SouthEastNorth EastNorth WestNone of theseOption D
- What is the direction and shortest distance of point X with respect to point T?
24 m and South20 m and North28 m and North25 m and SouthNone of theseOption C
- If N#R(3), then what is the shortest distance between point N to point U?
10 m9 m13 m14 mNone of theseOption A
- What is the direction of point S with respect to point Q?
NorthSouth EastEastWestNone of theseOption B
- What is the shortest distance between point V to point R?
2√13 m15 m√113 m18 mNone of theseOption C
- Who among the following person likes javelin?
- The one who likes Kabaddi gives exam in which of the following month?
MarchJuneAugustOctoberNone of theseOption B
- The one who gives exam in October likes which of the following sports?
CricketHockeyTennisBaseballNone of theseOption D
- Diksha gives exam in which of the following month?
JanuaryMarchOctoberDecemberNone of theseOption D
- How many persons give exam between Garima and the one who likes Cricket?
1324None of theseOption B
K * P, Q δ E, Z # K, E $ Z
a) P @ Z
b) K @ Q
c). Z δ Q
d) Z # QOnly a is trueOnly b is trueOnly either c or d are trueOnly b and c are trueOnly either c or d and a are trueOption E
P @ N, U * G, M # P, G $ M
a) N # M
b) G @ P
c) U # P
d). G@ NOnly a is trueOnly b is trueOnly a and c are trueOnly b and c are trueNone is trueOption E
W # I, H * Y, I δ H, K @ W
a) Y $ I
b) H @ W
c) K @ Y
d) W # YOnly a, b and d are trueOnly a, b and c are trueOnly a, c and d are trueAll a, b, c and d are trueNone of theseOption A
- How is Az related to Ez, if it is given that Ez is the only unmarried female and Fz is the oldest member in the family?
Maternal grandfatherSisterMotherCannot be determinedNone of theseOption A
- How many persons are older than Az’s son in law, if it is given that Ez is the only unmarried female and Fz is the oldest member in the family?
None132Cannot be determinedOption E
- What is the code for ‘Notice’?
J25I27H25F29None of theseOption D
In the given words,the first letter of the code represents the alphabet which has the same rank in the alphabetical series as the number of alphabets in the word.The number in the code reprsents the sum of the ranks of the vowels in the alphabetical series.
- What is the code for ‘Insurance’?
I29I28H25I36None of theseOption D
- What is the code for ‘Banking Aspirant’?
G10 H11I10 H12G12 I15O15 M17None of theseOption A
- What is the code for ‘Vocab’?
I12F16F15K17None of theseOption B
- What is the code for ‘Zoonisis’?
I45K49H48H52None of theseOption C
- Statements: Vz > Jz > Xz < uz < qz ≤ kz
a) Kz > Xz
b) Lz > RzIf only conclusion a followsIf only conclusion b followsIf either conclusion a or b followsIf neither conclusion a nor b follows.If both conclusions a and b follow.Option D
- Statements: Dx > Rx = Lx > Cx < Fx < lx
a) D x ≥Cx
b) Vx > CxIf only conclusion a followsIf only conclusion b followsIf either conclusion a or b followsIf neither conclusion a nor b follows.If both conclusions a and b follow.Option B
- Statements: Ha ≥ Ba = Qa > Ja > Sa > Na ≤ La
a) Ha > Qa
b) Na < jaIf only conclusion a followsIf only conclusion b followsIf either conclusion a or b followsIf neither conclusion a nor b follows.If both conclusions a and b follow.Option B
- Statements: Cx < Ex < tx ≤ rx ≥ yx
a) Kx ≤ Nx
b) Rx > KxIf only conclusion a followsIf only conclusion b followsIf either conclusion a or b followsIf neither conclusion a nor b follows.If both conclusions a and b follow.Option A
- Statements: Yz > Zz > Uz > Qz ≤ Kz ≥ Lz = Qz
a) Kz > Zz
b) Qz > YzIf only conclusion a followsIf only conclusion b followsIf either conclusion a or b followsIf neither conclusion a nor b follows.If both conclusions a and b follow.Option D
The first shot in the (assembling) trade war was fired (on) the U.S. in March when Mr. Trump (established) tariffs to (depress) the import of steel and aluminium into the country.confirming, from, revealed, couragespiralling, by, unveiled, discourageallowing, since, not opening, becourageglobing, against, disclosed, extinguishNo correction requiredOption B
‘Spiralling’ means a situation getting worse or difficult. ‘Fired by the U.S.’ is the correct phrase here according to the meaning of the sentence. ‘Unveiled’ means to show something new to public for the first time. ‘Discourage’ means to stop somebody doing something.
- The events that lead (out) to the brutal (assassin) of two men in Uttar Pradesh’s Hapur district on the (boundary) of New Delhi is unclear – but one of them died and the other (unsustained) injuries.
up, assault, outskirts, sustainedin, murder, border, continuingon, violence, outlying, assistedon, asphyxia, suburbs, supportedNo correction requiredOption A
‘Lead up’ means series of events that happen one after another. ‘Assault’ means a sudden attack on somebody. ‘Outskirts’ means the parts of a town or city that are furthest from the centre. ‘Sustained’ means to make something continue for a long period of time without becoming less.
- While the India-U.S. tariff (quarrel) could escalate, the amounts being discussed right now are (tiny) compared (of) those under threat in the unfolding U.S.- China situation or even the (dispute) between the U.S. and the EU.
contempt, small, for, hawkdispute, large, to, argumentcontent, huge, on, debatetiff, minuscule, to, spatNo correction requiredOption D
‘Tiff’ means a slight argument. ‘Minuscule’ means extremely small. ‘Compared to’ is the correct form of phrase. ‘Spat’ means short argument usually about something that is not important.
- The killing (in) another human being by a/an (assassination) crowd out to enforce mob justice or give (prevention) to an imagined crime takes an extraordinary toll of the (sophistication) of wider society.
on, brutal, stop, courtesyof, violent, avoid, gallantryof, vicious, shape gentilityof, murderous, avert, civilitiesNo correction requiredOption C
‘Vicious’ means cruel and is an appropriate phrase for “crowd”. “To give shape to an imagination” means to materialize a thought. ‘Gentility’ makes sense as killings indicate that the humans are losing gentility.
- Divination operates under a simple but (cool) premise: the universe is trying to send you (suggestions) if only you would learn to listen.
subtle, transmissionagile, messagessubtle, messagesagreeable, frequencyNo correction requiredOption C
A) The couple(1) want to become fiscally(2) independent but have not yet elaborated(3) any commercial means(4) of doing so.
B) Wolves, which are protected(1) by EU nature law,(2) have not been universally allowed,(3) as they kill some farm animals, typically(4) sheep.
C) The way we treat(1) the most vulnerable(2) people is a taste(3) of who we are, what kind of country we hope to live in and what humanity(4) we have.A-2, B-3 and C-3A-3, B-2 and C-2A-4, B-4 and C-1A-1, B-1 and C-4All are correctOption A
In sentence A, the monetary matters of a couple are under consideration. ‘Fiscally’ refers to the government revenue, especially taxes. The word ‘financially’ would be a better fit here as it refers to finances.
In sentence B, the usage of ‘allowed’ is incorrect as it makes an incomplete sense.
In sentence C, ‘taste’ is the wrong word in context of the sentence. Rather ‘test’ which means an event or situation that reveals the strength or quality of someone or something by putting them under strain is the better fit word over here.
- A) China’s government is awareness(1) of the environmental and social risks of rapid(2) industrialization, and the country has an active(3) community of researchers and policymakers working(4) on sustainability measures.
B) This work is a millstone,(1) nonetheless, because it shows how it’s possible(2) to measure detailed progress(3) towards the SDGs, and to reveal(4) where countries fall short.
C) For decades, researchers and policymakers have been searching(1) for a measure that everyone can agree(2) on but most efforts,(3) from the Human Development Index to the Genuine Progress Indicator, end up lack(4) some aspect of those three characteristics.A-1, B-1and C-4A-3, B-4 and C-2A-4, B-2 and C-1A-2, B-3 and C-3All are correctOption A
‘Awareness’ is a noun and cannot be used in context of sentence A. it needs an adjective like ‘aware’ which means having knowledge or perception of a situation or fact.
In sentence B, ‘millstone’ is incorrect as it means each of two circular stones used for grinding grain. The correct word here should be ‘milestone’ which means a significant stage or event in the development of something.
In sentence C, ‘lack’ is the present tense form which is incorrect as the sentence needs a gerund. So, ‘lacking’ should be correct.
- A) On 5 January 2020, a masked(1) mob brutally attacking(2) the students and teachers of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) who were holding(3) a peace meeting on the campus.(4)
B) It is precisely(1) to save students’ right to affordable and quality public education(2) and to prevent further comodification(3) of higher education that a large number of students have been protesting against the proposed(4) hostel fee hike for more than two months.
C) The consistently obstinate(1) and high-handed approach of the administration(2) seems to be following the line taken by the current regime(3) that has favoured reprehensible(4) over negotiation or any attempts at dialogue.A-2, B-2 and C-3A-3, B-4 and C-2A-2, B-3 and C-4A-1, B-1 and C-1All are correctOption C
In sentence A, instead of ‘attacking’ which is the present tense form it should be ‘attacked’ which is the past tense as the incident occurs in the past.
In sentence B, the word ‘commodification’ has been misspelt making it incorrect.
In sentence C, ‘reprehensible’ is an adjective that is not modifying any noun. In context of the given sentence, it is best replaced by ‘repression’ which means the action of subduing someone or something by force.
- A) When it comes to research integrity,(1) scientists use the language(2) of aspiration, while(3) policymakers talk about hard rules(4) and enforcement.
B) For the working researcher, complying(1) with a research-integrity policy(2) can sometimes feel like another unwelcome burgeon(3) — yet another form to fill in, set of data to record or online system(4) to feed.
C) This is a welcome and genuinely collaborative(1) effort, the result of many rounds of discussion(2) between researchers, institutional leading(3) and patient representatives, among other stakeholders.(4)A-1, B-1 and C-1A-2, B-2 and C-2A-3, B-3 and C-3A-4, B-4 and C-4All are correctOption C
In sentence A, the conjunction ‘while’ is incorrect as it is used to introduce a time clause. The sentence on the other hand highlights the difference between two groups regarding ‘research integrity’ and so the correct conjunction to be used here is ‘whereas’ which is used to express a contrast between two facts or two ideas.
In sentence B, ‘burgeon’ means begin to grow or increase rapidly which is incorrect in the context. The correct word here should be ‘burden’ which means cause (someone) worry, hardship, or distress.
In sentence C, ‘leading’ is incorrect. The correct word here is ‘leaders’ as it would make them a part of ‘stakeholders’.
It would be ironic if an instrument(1) built to detect something as vast as astrophysical(2) sources of detected(3) waves inadvertently gravitational(4) the minuscule graininess of space-time.1-42-31-23-4No correction requiredOption D
Which of the following is not TRUE as per the given context?
(i) What makes the current cycle different from previous cycles, however, is that this cycle is predominantly driven by the income statement and not the balance sheet.
(ii) The more surplus a company has, the more premiums they can write.
(iii) Historically the industry can only endure a hard market for so long.Only AOnly BBoth A & CAll A, B & COnly COption E
Statement (i) and (ii) have been stated in the passage in the third and the first paragraph respectively. Statement (iii) is incorrect as it has been mentioned in the second paragraph that “Historically the industry can only endure a soft market for so long.”
- What can be said for the “soft markets” mentioned in the first paragraph of the passage?
(i) Like most industries, the business runs in the soft markets is cyclic and dynamic.
(ii) Technically, the soft markets can not be endured for so long as they generate lowest returns deteriorating the income significantly.
(iii) Soft markets are contrary to hard markets as it means lower premiums, relaxed underwriting and expanded coverage.Only AOnly BBoth A & BBoth A & COnly COption E
Statement C is the only statement that can be said in relation to soft markets. This has been clearly stated in the first stanza of the passage as “The more surplus a company has, the more premiums they can write. This means lower premiums, relaxed underwriting and expanded coverage. This is referred to as a soft market.” Hence option E is the
- How is current business cycle different from the previous cycles?
The current business cycle is predominantly driven by the income statement and not the balance sheet.The previous business cycle was predominantly driven by the income statement and not the balance sheet.Neither of it is driven by the income statement and but is driven by the balance sheet.Either A or BNone of theseOption A
Option A is the correct response as it can be easily seen from the last lines of the last stanza: “What makes the current cycle different from previous cycles, however, is that this cycle is predominantly driven by the income statement and not the balance sheet”.
- Which of the following words is opposite in meaning to ‘thinner’ as used in the passage?
HugeLowestLargerLighterNone of the aboveOption C
Thinner = having few parts or members relative to the area covered or filled; sparse.
- Which of the following options best describe the meaning of the phrase ‘took a modest dip’?
Shoot upFell slightlyDeclined intermittentlyGot bamboozledNone of theseOption B
The phrase “took a modest dip” means to fall slightly.
- What is the central theme of the passage?
The current business cycle is better than the previous one.Soft markets can prevail over hard markets.The position of the insurance industry in the current cycle is dubious.The insurance market has never been safe to invest.All of the aboveOption C
Though no other country in the west supports putting criminals to death, America is one of the few countries that still has this provision.Like in other western countries, capital punishment is becoming increasingly popular in America.Capital punishment for criminals has been a matter of debate in the West for years.Following many countries in the West, which have abolished the provision of capital punishment, America is considering a similar action.All are incorrectOption A
The error in A is the incorrect use of the verb ‘has’ and needs to be replaced with the plural verb ‘have’ to make the sentence grammatically and contextually correct. This is because the subject here is plural (countries).’That’ in this sentence refers to countries (plural noun) and thus, ‘have’ (plural verb) must be used.
The Great Storm of 1703 caused damage across southern Britain, and encouraged novelist Daniel Defoe to write a pioneering book of journalism and science.Novelist Daniel Defoe wrote a pioneering book of journalism and science being encouraged by the Great Storm of 1703 has caused damage across southern Britain.The damage across southern Britain caused by the Great Storm of 1703, encouraged novelist Daniel Defoe to write a pioneering book of journalism and science.In order to write a pioneering book of journalism and science, novelist Daniel Defoe had to be encouraged by the Great Storm of 1703, which caused damage across southern Britain.All are incorrectOption B
The error that lays in option B is that the tense of the word ‘cause’ is wrongly used. There is a faulty use of tense sequence. This sentence refers to the past and cannot use a present perfect tense ‘has’ in it. Moreover, the sentence also needs a pronoun like ‘which’ in order to complete the meaning by relating it to the introductory clause of the sentence. Therefore, the error lies in option B.
The Gilded Age was a period where greedy, corrupt industrialists, bankers and politicians enjoyed extraordinary wealth and opulence at the expense of the working class.The Gilded Age was a period where at the expense of the working class, the greedy, corrupt industrialists, bankers and politicians enjoyed extraordinary wealth and opulence.At the expense of the working class, the greedy, corrupt industrialists, bankers and politicians enjoys extraordinary wealth and opulence during the period of the Gilded Age.The greedy, corrupt industrialists, bankers and politicians enjoyed extraordinary wealth and opulence at the expense of the working class during the period of the Gilded Age.All are incorrectOption C
The error in option C is in the use of the verb ‘enjoys’ along with the subject ‘politicians’. It should have used the plural verb.
The Army has titled the relief work in Kerala as ‘Operation Shayog’ and is working with the locals.Incheon International Airport is the home base to location on an island outside Seoul, Korean Air and the 24th busiest airport in the world.Haneda International Airport, the fifth-busiest airport in the world, is known for its efficiency in service, cleanliness, and shopping.Zurich Airport, the home base for Swiss International Airlines, offers bicycles and inline-skate rentals to passengers with an extended layover.All are incorrectOption B
Home bases are not provided for ‘locations on an island’. Also, when separate things with comma and ‘and’, we are mentioning similar things which is not the case of Korean air and Seoul. It is not specified what is the ’24th busiest airport in the world’. So, sentence B is structurally incorrect.
Find the appropriate word for blank A .ConfrontationsMobileSymbolismVastNo change requiredOption C
Position A requires a noun. Only options A, B & C can be used as nouns. But A being a plural noun will be incorrect. So, A, D and E can be negated.
‘Symbolism’ refers to the symbolic meaning attributed to natural objects or facts.
- Find the appropriate word for blank C .
ResilientBesetConfrontationsConduciveNo change requiredOption E
Resilient(adv):(of a person or animal) able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
Beset(v): (of a problem or difficulty) trouble (someone or something) persistently.
Confrontations(n): a hostile or argumentative situation or meeting between opposing parties.
Conducive(adv): making a certain situation or outcome likely or possible.
Position C requires an adverb. None of the given options is an adverb. The only adverb that is highlighted in the passage is “happily”, which is already in position C.
- Find the appropriate word for blank D .
ComprisingBesetHappilyDatingNo change requiredOption B
Position D requires a verb in past participle form, so we can eliminate the option C as it is an adverb.
‘Comprising’ is the continuous form of the verb ‘comprise’ which means to be made up of (something).
‘Beset’ means to (of a problem or difficulty) trouble (someone or something) persistently.
- Find the appropriate word for blank E .
SymbolismMobileHappilyResilientNo change requiredOption D
The blank requires an appropriate adjective for “conservation efforts”. So, we can negate option C ‘happily’ which is an adverb.
‘Symbolism’ refers to the symbolic meaning attributed to natural objects or facts.
‘Mobile’ means to be able to move or be moved freely or easily.
‘Resilient’ means to (of a person or animal) able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
- Find the appropriate word for blank F.
ComprisingVastSymbolismResilientNo change requiredOption A
Since the sentence is talking about what makes the landscapes (forests), “comprising” is the answer.
- Find the appropriate word for blank G.
BesetConfrontationsConduciveMobileNo change requiredOption C
The blank requires an appropriate adjective for “topographical mosaic”.
- Find the appropriate word for blank H.
DatingSymbolismHappilyVastNo change requiredOption D
- Find the appropriate word for blank I.
ComprisingConfrontationsResilientMobileNo change requiredOption B
‘Confrontations’ means a hostile or argumentative situation or meeting between opposing parties.
The sentence is talking about the timeslot when the human-elephant conflicts happen.
There is something lightly(1) unsettling in watching Johnson and Dominic Cummings’ Brexit media strategy(2) be deeply(3) repurposed for a deadly(4) contagion.1-22-31-32-4No correction requiredOption C
- In 2019, state officials such as police officers, national guards(1) and local registered(2), were responsible(3) for 40% of incidents prosecutors(4) by Cemed.
1-22-31-32-4No correction requiredOption D
In accordance to the availability of limited seats in (I)/the B.Com course, the college authority decided to give (II)/admission only to the candidates having 90% marks and above. (III)Only IIIBoth I and IIBoth II and IIIOnly INo errorOption D
Here, only I part is wrong because ‘in accordance to” is used when we have to refer to any person whereas ‘in accordance with’ is used to make reference with the current situation, which here is ‘availability of the limited seats’.
- With marathons mushrooming in every big city (I)/, female road runners from Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru (II)/ are steadily graduating to the linger distance mileage. (III)
Only IOnly IIOnly IIIBoth I and IIAll of the aboveOption C
The error is in only in the third part of the sentence. The term ‘linger’ means ‘stay in a place longer than necessary because of a reluctance to leave. Since we are talking about distance, we need the adjective ‘longer’ instead of the verb ‘linger’. Thus, option C is the correct answer
- Mutations of human mitochondria DNA (I) may lead to abhorrent oxidative phosphorylation and energy supplement (II) in cells, indicating a possible relationship with bipolar disorder. (III)
Only IBoth I and IIOnly IIBoth I and IIIBoth II and IIIOption B
In part I, instead of noun ‘Mitochondria’, the context demands an adjective to better describe DNA. So, it should be ‘mitochondrial’. Note that adjective ‘aberrant’ means ‘markedly different from an accepted norm’ while ‘abhorrent’ means ‘morally bad’. As per the given context, as we are talking about negative effects of mutations, ‘aberrant’
would make more sense and would convey a logical meaning.
Unregulated(A) and increasing(B) fishing activities(C) have come into conflict(C) with the activities(D) of migratory(E) birds.ADBCEBACDEDBCAEBEDCANo rearrangement requiredOption E
- Sphere(A) opportunities in every economic abundant(B), a great work-life balance(C), and affordable(D) housing make Hyderabad an ideal(E) job environment.
ADBCEBACDEDBCAEBEDCANo rearrangement requiredOption B
Statistics(1) are now compulsory(2) for all students taking a cource(3) in engineering.(4)1234All are correctOption C
In third part of sentence, “cource” is wrongly spelt and the correct spelling is “course”.
- The caretaker(1) is responsible(2) for the maintainance(3) of the school buildings.(4)
1234All are CorrectOption C
The third word printed in bold, i.e. “maintainance” is incorrect. The correct spelling of the word is “maintenance” which means “care; preservation”.
- More often(1) then(2) not, we feel concerned(3) about the development around(4) us.
1234All are correctOption B
The error is in the word “then”, which must be replaced by “than”. The phrase, “more often than not” means “usually”.
- Some of the disadvantages(1) of globalization include exploitation(2) of developing countries, cultural homeogenisation(3) and adverse effects on local economies(4) and the environment.
1234All are correctOption C
The third highlighted word has been spelt incorrectly. The correct word is “homogenisation” which refers to the process of making things uniform or similar.
- There was once a Brahman who had made a vow(1) that he would only eat food that(2) he could gather(3) in the feilds.(4)
1234All are correctOption D
The word ‘fields’ is incorrectly spelt as ‘feilds’.
- Who won the Bahrain Grand Prix 2021?
Max VerstappenLewis HamiltonSebastian VettelDaniel RicciardoFernando AlonsoOption B
Mercedes ace Lewis Hamilton won the season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix.
- Maggie O’Farrell’s which of the following books won the National Book Critics Circle prize for fiction?
After You’d GoneThis Must Be the PlaceHamnetMy lover’s loverThe Psychology of MoneyOption C
Maggie O’Farrell’s Hamnet, an imagined take on the death of Shakespeare’s son from the bubonic plague, has won the National Book Critics Circle prize for fiction.
- World Bank has raised the estimated India’s GDP growth to what percent for FY22?
The World Financial institution (WB) raised its expectations for India’s FY22 progress to 10.1%, considerably larger than the 5.4% it had forecast earlier this month in January, in accordance with the March replace of its South Asia Financial Focus report.
- Which of the following signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with IFSCA to establish a framework for collaboration and co-operation for the development of Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT) IFSC as a world-class FinTech hub?
FICCIASSOCHAMNASSCOMConfederation of Indian IndustryState Bank of IndiaOption A
FICCI-IFSCA signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to establish a framework for collaboration and co-operation for the development of Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT) IFSC as a world-class FinTech hub.
- India with which other country has signed an agreement for cooperation for the country’s first human space mission Gaganyaan ?
Space agencies of India and France signed an agreement for cooperation for the country’s first human space mission Gaganyaan.
- Which country becomes the first country to introduce climate change law for financial firms ?
SwitzerlandNew ZealandRussiaAustraliaSingaporeOption B
New Zealand becomes the first country to introduce a law that will require financial firms to explain how they would manage climate-related risks and opportunities.
- Which state launched ‘Auro Scholarship Programme’ of Sri Aurobindo Society for all the students of the state?
In a virtual event organised by Sri Aurobindo Society, Education Minister of Tripura Ratan Lal Nath launched ‘Auro Scholarship Programme’ of Sri Aurobindo Society for all the students of the state.
- Which country will join the United States, Canada, Norway, and Qatar in forming ‘Net Zero Producers Forum’ for oil and gas producers?
UAEIranSaudi ArabiaIsraelIraqOption C
Saudi Arabia will join the United States, Canada, Norway, and Qatar in forming ‘Net Zero Producers Forum’ for oil and gas producers to discuss how they can support the implementation of the Paris Agreement on climate change.
- According to UN Study, Online share of retail sales jumps to how much percent amid lockdowns?
Online sales accounted for nearly a fifth of total retail turnover last year as lockdowns to combat the spread of the coronavirus pandemic fuelled a boom in e-commerce, a United Nations study released showed.
- How much amount was allocated for the year 2021-22 for ‘Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture’ (MIDH), a centrally sponsored scheme by the Union Agriculture Ministry?
₹2150 cr₹2350 cr₹2500 cr₹2250 cr₹2050 crOption D
To further promote and for holistic growth of the horticulture sector in the country, the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare has provided an enhanced allocation of Rs. 2250 Crore for the year 2021-22 for ‘Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture’ (MIDH), a centrally sponsored scheme.
- Which became the world’s first country to ban all synthetic cannabinoid substances?
China will become the world’s first country to ban all synthetic cannabinoid substances. The ban is likely to come into effect on July 1.
- RBI excluded which bank from second schedule of RBI Act amid its merger with DBS Bank?
Yes BankIDBI BankUnited Cooperative BankLakshmi Vilas BankBank of MaharashtraOption D
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said it has excluded Lakshmi Vilas Bank (LVB) from the Second Schedule of the RBI Act with effect from November 27, 2020.
- Who has released postage stamps on 70th anniversary of India-Germany ties?
Nirmala SitharamanS. JaishankarHarsh V ShringlaRajnath SinghAmit ShahOption C
Foreign Secretary Harsh V Shringla released new postage stamps to commemorate the 70th anniversary of India-Germany diplomatic relations as he highlighted the multifaceted nature of the India-Germany Strategic Partnership.
- According to Coursera’s latest Global Skills Report 2021, What is India’s ranking globally?
Despite accelerated digital transformation, India continues to witness a digital skills gap, according to Coursera’s latest Global Skills Report 2021. Switzerland topped the rankings followed by Luxembourg and Austria. India ranks 67th globally with 38 per cent proficiency with mid-rankings globally in each domain, number 55 in business and at number 66 in both technology and data science.
- Recently RBI has exceeded monthly limit of free transactions which will come into effect from?
Sept 30,2021Dec 31, 2021Jan 1, 2022March 31, 2022Jan 31, 2022Option C
Customers will have to pay ₹21 per transaction, instead of ₹20 if they exceed their monthly limit of free transactions. This increase will be effective from January 1, 2022.
- Who was set to be India’s first ever taekwondo entry at Tokyo Paralympics?
Rodali BaruaLatika BhandariAman KumarAruna TanwarMariyappan ThangaveluOption D
Aruna Tanwar has been awarded a wild card entry for the Tokyo Paralympic Games, which made her the first Indian to compete in the global multi-para sport event, the national federation said.
- According to UN report, How much amount has India received in FDI 2020?
$60 billion$62 billion$64 billion$65 billion$55 billionOption C
India received $64 billion in Foreign Direct Investment in 2020, the fifth largest recipient of inflows in the world, according to a UN report which said the COVID-19 second wave in the country weighs heavily on the country’s overall economic activities.
- According to the SEBI’s new guidelines on MF investment in interest rate swap, exposure to a single counterparty should not exceed by how much percent?
5 percent15 percent10 percent20 perecnt12 perecntOption C
In case participation in IRS is through over the counter transactions, the counterparty has to be an entity recognized as a market maker by RBI and exposure to a single counterparty in such transactions should not exceed 10 per cent of the net assets of the scheme.
- Who has been named ‘Ambassador Of Forest Frontline Heroes’ At WWF India?
Upasana KamineniManila NatraKarim KhanNiharika VermaPrathap C ReddyOption A
WWF India has inducted Upasana Kamineni, Director, Apollo Hospitals, as “Ambassador of Forest Frontline Heroes” with the aim to appreciate the efforts of frontline workers in hospitals and in the wildlife protection space.
- Which bank has signed MOU with the Indian Army offering a defence service salary package under its “Power Salute” initiative?
South Indian BankAxis BankICICI BankDCB BankPNB BankOption B
The country’s third-largest private lender Axis Bank signed MOU with the Indian Army offering a defence service salary package under its “Power Salute” initiative.
- What is the name of the present Director of Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology?
A K SamalAnurag AgrawalManoj KumarKritika ChibbarAjay KasyupOption B
- When is the Earth Day observed every year?
22 April17 April26 April18 March24 AprilOption A
Earth Day is an annual event, celebrated on April 22, on which day events worldwide are held to demonstrate support for environmental protection.
- Who is the current president of Badminton World Federation (BWF)
Gafur RahimovPoul-Erik Høyer LarsenDavid HaggertyNenad LalovicMorten FrostOption B
Badminton World Federation headquarter in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and it was Founded in 1934.
- What is the currency of Bangladesh?
Capital – Dhaka, President – Abdul Hamid, Prime Minister – Sheikh Hasina
- Nordic Investment Bank (NIB) is headquartered at _______?
Metro Manila, PhilippinesRome, ItalyMoscow, RussiaHelsinki, FinlandParis, FranceOption D
Founded – 1975, President – André Küüsvek, Nordic countries – Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden.
- All the Commercial Banks of India maintain which type of accounts with Reserve Bank of India?
Savings AccountRecurring deposit AccountCurrent AccountFixed deposit accountThey cannot maintain account with RBIOption C
All the banks can open current account with RBI.
- What is the tenor of Sovereign Gold Bond (SGB)?
5 years6 years4 years7 years8 yearsOption E
Though the tenor of the bond is 8 years, early encashment/redemption of the bond is allowed after fifth year from the date of issue on coupon payment dates. The bond will be tradable on Exchanges, if held in demat form.
- Which of the following numbering system is used by RBI for replacement of defectively printed banknote.
PLUS SeriesSTAR seriesHOME SeriesMG SeriesHD SeriesOption B
RBI adopted the “STAR series” numbering system for replacement of defectively printed banknote in a packet of 100 pieces of serially numbered banknotes. The Star series banknotes are exactly similar to the other banknotes, but have an additional character viz., a *(star) in the number panel in the space between the prefix.
- What is the latest CTS cheque standard applicable on cheques in India?
CTS-2012 standardsCTS-2020 standardsCTS-2008 standardsCTS-2014 standardsCTS-2010 standardsOption E
All banks providing cheque facility to their customers have been advised to issue only ‘CTS-2010’ standard cheques. Cheques not complying with CTS-2010 standards will not be cleared through CTS clearing (updated as on June 30, 2020).
- Which of the following card type cannot be used for cash withdrawal at PoS terminals?
VISA Debit CardsCredit CardMasterCardRupay CardMaestro Debit CardsOption B
- Which of the following is not a promoter of National Centre for Financial Education (NCFE)?
National Centre for Financial Education (NCFE) is a Section 8 (Not for Profit) Company promoted by Reserve Bank of India (RBI), Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) and Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA).
- What is the full form of CICO?
Cash In Cash OutCoded Into Cash ObjectCash Into Cash ObjectCoded Integrated Cash OutCash In Cash ObjectOption A
- What is the theme of International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade 2021?
Women and SlaveryConfronting Slavery’s Legacy of Racism TogetherEnding Slavery’s Legacy of Racism: A Global Imperative for JusticeBreaking the Silence, Lest We ForgetWomen ending SlaveryOption C
The United Nations’ (UN) International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade is on March 25 each year. This year theme of International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade is “Ending Slavery’s Legacy of Racism: A Global Imperative for Justice”.
- According to a new report by the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF), about how many children live in areas of extreme water vulnerability?
620 million760 million450 million540 million500 millionOption C
new report by the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) has revealed that 1 in 5 children worldwide does not have enough water to be meet everyday needs. The report says that globally, more than 1.42 billion people, including 450 million children, live in areas of extreme water vulnerability. The report was part of its ‘Water Security For All’ initiative.
South Asia is home to the largest number of children living in areas of high or extremely high water vulnerability – more than 155 million children.
- Where is the new airport inaugurated in Andhra Pradesh which is named after the first ever freedom fighter of the country, Uyyalavada Narasimha Reddy, as a tribute to him?
The Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister, Y. S. Jagan Mohan Reddy has inaugurated the Kurnool Airport located at Orvakal and named it after the first ever freedom fighter of the country, Uyyalavada Narasimha Reddy, as a tribute to him.
- Which country is going to build world’s first ship tunnel?
World’s First Ship Tunnel is being made in the Norwegian mountains as the country has given approval for a tunnel bypassing the Stadhavet Sea.
- Which organisation has become First Standards Body To Join Govt’s ‘One Nation, One Standard’ Scheme?
One Nation, One Standard scheme has been launched with an aim to synergize standards adopted by various Standard Development Organisations in the country. The voluntary integration scheme of multiple standard formulating bodies will bring uniformity in the quality of goods & services produced in the country and will boost the ‘Brand India’ image.
- In June 2021, OECD cut its forecast of GDP of India to how much percent for FY22?
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) cut its growth projection for India for FY22 to 9.9 per cent from 12.6 per cent estimated in March, as the second wave of coronavirus infections has paused economic recovery in Asia’s third largest economy.
- Who was appointed the chairman of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC)?
Trilok SharmaMohan Manohar SinhaVijay KherAditya BansalArun Kumar MishraOption E
President Ram Nath Kovind formally appointed Justice Arun Kumar Mishra as the chairman of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC).
- Who was appointed as chairman of Indian Broadcasting & Digital Foundation (IBDF)?
Vikramjit SenPriyank TiwariRahul TamrakarVykantesh Dhar DwivediArun Kumar MishraOption A
The Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF), which is soon going to be renamed as Indian Broadcasting & Digital Foundation (IBDF), the apex body of broadcasters and OTT operators, has announced the appointment of Justice (Retd.) Vikramjit Sen as the Chairman, along with six other eminent industry members for the newly formed Digital Media Content Regulatory Council (DMCRC).
- In networking, _____ is a series of bits that circulate on a token-ring network.
When one of the systems on the network has the “token,” it can send information to the other computers.
- _______ is a subset of algebra used for creating true/false statements?
Boolean expressions use the operators AND, OR, XOR, and NOT to compare values and return a true or false result.
- ____ is an error or unexpected event that happens while a program is running?
An exception error or fatal exception error is an error that causes a program to abort and may therefore return the user to the operating system. When this happens, data that the program was processing may be lost.
- ____ is a concept describing a widespread, interconnected digital technology?
A global domain within the information environment consisting of the interdependent network of information systems infrastructures including the Internet, telecommunications networks, computer systems, and embedded processors and controllers.
- Which of the following are word processing software?
MS WordEasy WordWordPerfectOpenOffice WriterAll of the aboveOption E
- Direct Memory Access is used for______?
It is used for saving CPU CyclesIt is used for Low Speed devicesIt is used for High Speed devicesBoth A and CNone of theseOption D
DMA Stands for ‘Direct Memory Access’. It is a method of transferring data from RAM to another part of the computer without processing using the CPU. It is used to save CPU cycles and basically used for high speed devices.
- SAP is an identifying label for network endpoints used in Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) networking. what is meaning of ‘SAP’?
Smart Access PointService At PermissionService Access PermissionService At PointService Access PointOption E
A Service Access Point (SAP) is an identifying label for network endpoints used in Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) networking.
- When you visit certain web sites spyware may be automatically downloaded. This is called a___
Drive-by downloadLogic bombVirusDrive-in downloadSpybotOption A
You can get spyware on your computer when you visit certain websites .It arrives as an automatic download from a website you surfing. A pop-up message may prompt you to download a software utility that it you need, or software may be downloaded automatically without your knowledge. This is called as drive-by download.
- What is a motion path?
A type of animation entrance effectA method of advancing slidesA method of moving items on a slideAll of the aboveNone of theseOption C
Motion path is a method of moving items on a slide.
- The database administrator’s function in an organization is ____?
To be responsible for the more technical aspects of managing the information contained in organizational databasesTo be responsible for the executive level aspect of decisions regarding the information managementTo show the relationship among entity classes in a data warehouseTo define which data mining tools must be used to extract dataNone of theseOption A
A database administrator is a person responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance and repair of an organization’s database.
- Which of the following is the short cut key combination that can be used to type in bold in MS Excel?
Ctrl + Down Arrow KeyCtrl + 2Shift+AltCtrl + 3Ctrl + 4Option B
Ctrl + 2 is the shortcut key that can be used to type text in bold in Excel.
- Which of the following types of menu shows the further sub-choices?
Pull down menu shows further sub-choices.
- Name the input device from the given options, that cannot be used to work in MS Office?
ScannerMouseKeyboardJoystickAll of the aboveOption D
Joystick is used for gaming purpose and MS Word is a text editing application.
- Which of the following describe router functions?
Packet switchingPacket filteringInternetwork communicationPath selectionAll of the aboveOption E
- Functions of keys F1, F2 and F3 are _____________ respectively.
Activating menu bar, search and renaming selected iconSearch, reboot and activating menu barActivating help, renaming selected icon and searchReboot, activating help and refreshActivating help, reboot, renaming selected iconOption C
Functions of keys F1, F2 and F3 are activating help, renaming selected icon and search respectively.
- ______is the process of carrying out commands?
FetchingStoringDecodingExecutingNone of theseOption D
In the machine cycle steps illustrated in the accompanying figure, Executing is the process of carrying out commands.
- In DOS, which of the following command is used to delete all the files as well as sub-directories of a directory?
- What is/are the feature(s) of a Multi-processor?
It increases reliabilityIt distributes tasksIt saves money compared to multiple single systemAll of the aboveNone of theseOption D
A multiprocessor is a computer system with two or more central processing units (CPUs)- Benefits of using a multiprocessor include:
Multi-tasking inside an application
High throughput and/or responsiveness
Hardware sharing among CPUs
- Right click of mouse is used to get ______?
Open the iconShortcut menu optionsClose the iconClose the folderNone of the aboveOption B
The right click is used to get shortcut options like rename, delete, cut, paste etc.
- Back space key on the keyboard is used for___?
Deleting text towards right side of cursorDeleting text towards left side of cursorInserting text towards right side of cursorInserting text towards left side of cursorNone of theseOption B
Backspace Key deletes the character or text towards the left side of the cursor.
- _____ refers to the direction in which a document is displayed or printed?
Page MarginPage ResolutionPage DisplayPage OrientationNone of the AboveOption D
Page orientation is the direction in which a document is displayed or printed.
- Zip, Gzip, RAR, StuffIt, and 7z are examples of?
EncryptionFile CompressionDecryptionFile ModifierNone of the AboveOption B
File compression is used to reduce the file size of one or more files.
- _____ websites contain Web pages that are generated in real-time?
- Controls of data communication deal with ____?
The communication channelThe computerTerminalsAll of the aboveNone of theseOption D
- A kiosk is a ____?
Data organised and presented in a manner that has additional value beyond the value of the data itselfCombines microscopic electronic components on a single integrated circuit that processes bits according to software instructionsComputer station that provides the public with specific and useful information and servicesDescribes a computer’s type, processor, and operating systemNone of theseOption C
A Kiosk is a computer station that provides the public with specific and useful information and services.
- Which of the following is an example of Firmware?
MS OfficeOperating SystemTask ManagerBIOSAll of the AboveOption D
Firmware are a set of programs that are pre-installed into the Read Only Memory (ROM) of computer, during the time of manufacturing. Example- BIOS (Basic Input Output Services).
- Which of the following technology was used in Second Generation of Computer?
Electronic valvesTransistorsSSILSIVLSIOption B
- Which of the following is an example of Modifier key?
Caps LockNum LockF2EnterShiftOption E
odifier Keys: These are the key temporarily modifies the normal action of another key when pressed together. Example: Shift, Alt, Ctrl, Fn.
- The internet is a worldwide network of computer networks that evolved from the first network ________?
IntranetExtranetArpanetHypernetNone of the AboveOption C
- What does D stands for in DHTML?
Dynamic Hyper Text Markup Language
- In a database, duplication of data is referred to as ____?
Data abstractionData redundancyData securityData consistencyData inconsistencyOption B
Data redundancy is a condition created within a database or data storage technology in which the same piece of data is held in two separate places. … Whenever data is repeated, it basically constitutes data redundancy. Data redundancy can occur by accident but is also done deliberately for backup and recovery purposes.
- The rows of tables in a relationship are known as?
The rows of tables in a relationship are generally termed as Tuples.
- If you want to have a blank line after the title in a worksheet, what is the best thing for you to do?
Re-format the spreadsheetInsert a rowIncrease the column widthUse the space barUse the EnterOption B
- What is the shortcut key to insert current date in a cell in MS Excel?
CTRL + DCTRL + /CTRL + TCTRL + ;CTRL T ;Option D
- The situation when a program cannot access a resource it needs to continue is known as ______?
DeadlockPool resourceEnd taskHaltingKerningOption A
A deadlock is a condition where a program cannot access a resource it needs to continue. When an active application hits a deadlock, it may “hang” or become unresponsive.
- “HSF” in computer hardware is related to?
HSF Stands for “Heat Sink and Fan.” Nearly all computers have heat sinks, which help keep the CPU cool and prevent it from overheating.
- When you roll the cursor over a link on a Web page, it is often referred to as _____ over the link?
- Which of the following is the type of software that has self-replicating software that causes damage to files and system?
VirusesTrojan horsesBotsBackdoorsWormsOption E
A worm is a type of virus that spreads through your computer by creating duplicates of itself on other drives, systems and networks.
- Which of the following is not an example of an operating system?
Windows NTiOSOperaVistaLinuxOption C
Opera is a browser name.
Directions (6-10):The following questions are accompanied by three statements A, B and C.You have to determine which statement(s) is/are sufficient/necessary to answer the questions and mark your answer accordingly.
Directions (11-15): Study the following information to answer the following questions:
The ratio of male to female employees in an company is 5 : 7. All employees of the company work at different levels. (Level- A,B,C,D and E). 16 2/3% of the male employees work at level A. The difference between male employees working at level B and male employees working at level D is 114, while the sum of the same is 250. (male employees at level B < male employees at level D). 9 male employees work at level E, which is 2% of the total number of male employees. Remaining male employees work at level C. 22 2/9 % of the female employees work at level A. The no. of Female employees working at level B is 6 more than the no. of female employees working at level C. The number of female employees working at level D is 2 more than the number of male employees at the same level. The number of female employees working at level E is 57 1/7 % of the female employees working at level A.
Directions (15-20): Study the following and answer the questions:
Vimal left Dehradun at 11:00 A.M. for Lakhimpur by bus. Lakhimpur is (P) km away from Dehradun. Speed of bus is (Q) km/hr. At 12:12 P.M. or after (2/15)th of P, bus stopped due to some technical issues. Vimal starts walking at 12 km/hr in the direction of Lakhimpur to eat something and he stopped at a Dhaba which is 6 kms away from the point where bus stopped. Vimal finished eating in 5 minutes. After eating, Vimal took the same bus which is moving at 125% of Q and he met his friend Sahil at 5:47 P.M. when he was just 118 km away from Lakhimpur at a road side shop. Both talked for 30 minutes and decided that they will have a race to find who reaches Lakhimpur first. Sahil is running at a speed of (R) km/hr, while Vimal is running with 133 1/3 % of his walking speed. Sahil reached Lakhimpur 88.5 minutes earlier than Vimal.After reaching Lakhimpur, Sahil and Vimal starts working on a task, Vimal alone can complete the task in 20 hours and Sahil alone takes 20% more time than Vimal to complete
the same task. With the help of Aman (who is 33 1/3 % less efficient than Vimal), they completed the same task together in (S) hours and they earned Rs. 21,600 as their wages on completion of the task. All three have invested their wages in a partnership business for two years and profit share of Vimal is (T) out of total profit of Rs. 27,900.
Directions (21-25): Solve the following equations and mark the correct option:
Directions(26-30): What will come at the place of value of x?
Directions(31-35): Given pie diagram shows the percentage distribution of number of registered voters in 5 tehsils. Study the diagram carefully and answer the following questions.
Directions(41-45): Study the information and answer the questions:
There are seven friends i.e. Akash, Brijesh, Caryl, Dinesh, Elvish, Farah and Garima are going to the mall on different days of the same week from Monday to Sunday but not necessarily in the same order. All persons like different brands mobile viz. Acer , Apple , Xiaomi , Honor , Infinix , Poco and Motorola again not in the same order.
Equal number of friends go before and after the person, who likes Infinix mobile. One person goes between Dinesh and the person, who likes Infinix mobile. Two persons sit between Dinesh and the one who likes Acer mobile. Three persons go between ELvish and the one who likes Apple mobile. Elvish does not go after the person who likes Apple mobile. The person who likes Poco mobile goes immediately before the one who likes Honor mobile. No one goes between Akash and the person, who likes Poco mobile. Akash does not go on Tuesday.Two persons sit between Caryl and the one who likes Motorola mobile. Caryl does not like Acer mobile. Dinesh don’t like Apple and Honor mobile. Elvish and Farah don’t like Acer mobile. Farah, Brijesh and Akash don’t like Honor mobile.
Directions(46-50): Study the following information and answer the question:
Eight friends are sitting in a straight line. All are facing same direction north, but not necessarily in same order. Each of them has a different age. Varsha sits one of the extreme ends of the row. Only two persons sit between the person who is 36 years old and Shivani. Priyanka is five years younger than the person sitting second to the left of him. Age of Riya is half the age of Tanushree. Varsha is twice as old as Priyanka. Only one person sits between Unnati and the person, who is 36 years old. More than one person sits between Riya and Weom. Neither Riya nor Weom is an immediate neighbour of Varsha. The person who is 24 years old sits immediate left of Riya. Priyanka is neither immediate neighbour of Weom nor Riya. Unnati is 10 years older than Priyanka. Age of Varsha is a multiple of 5. Weom does not sit at the any extreme end. Riya is more than 15 years old. Weom is 30 years old. Only two persons sit between Shivani and Varsha. The person who sits third to the left of Unnati is 24 years old. Shivani is eight years younger than Varsha.
Directions(51-53): In each of the questions given below three statements are followed by some conclusions. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disregarding commonly known facts.
Directions(54-55): Each of these questions is based on the following information:
(i) B & C means B is 5 m west of C.
(ii) B % C means B is 10 m South of C.
(iii) B * C means B is 7 m North of C.
(iv) B @ C means B is 9 m East of C.
Directions(56-60): Study the following information and answer the questions:
Q%R (8)- Q is 6 m in north of R
Q$R (15)- Q is 13 m in south of R
Q#R (36)- Q is 34 m in east of R
Q&R (22)- Q is 20 m in west of R
Q%R(22), U&T(17), W#V(17), S#R(24),U$V(18), S%T(10), W$X(14)
Directions(61-65): Study the following information and answer the questions:
Seven persons are going to appear in an exam in seven different months- January, February, March, June, August, October and December of the same year. Each of them also likes different sports. Cary is going to appear in exam in a month which has less than 31 days. Only two persons are going to give the exam between the month in which Caryl and Diksha give the exam. The one who likes Cricket is going to appear in exam immediately before Ekta. Only one person gives exam before the one who likes Hockey. Banya gives exam immediately after the one who likes Hockey. Only three persons give exam between Banya and the one who likes Badminton. Ekta likes neither Badmintoni nor Hockey. Akansha gives exam immediately before Ekta. Garima likes Tennis. The one who likes Kabaddi gives exam in the month, which has less than 31 days. The one who gives exam in March does not like Baseball. Farah does not like Javelin.
Directions(66-68): In the following questions, the symbols @, $, *, # and δ used with the following meaning as illustrated below:
‘Q $ R’ means ‘Q is not smaller than R’
‘Q@ R’ means ‘Q is neither smaller than nor equal to R’
‘Q # R’ means ‘Q is neither greater than nor equal to R’
‘Q δ R means “Q is neither greater than nor smaller than R’
‘Q *R’ means ‘Q is not greater than R’
Now, in each of the following questions assuming the given statements to be true, find which of the four conclusions a,b,c and d given below them is/are definitely true and give your answer accordingly.
Directions(69-70): Read the following information and answer the following questions:
There are eight members Az, Bz, Cz, Dz, Ez, Fz, Gz and Hz of the same family. Fz, Dz and Ez are the only females’ members. Dz, who is married to Bz, is the second youngest member. Both Hz and Cz, are Ez’s maternal uncle. Az, who is the only child of Gz, has three kids. All the females belong to a different generation. Fz has only one child.
Directions(71-75): Study the following information and answer the questions given below:
In a certain code language
‘Donation Servicing SpaceX’ is written as ‘I23 H40 F6’,
‘Continue Homeless Pics’ is written as ‘D9 H25 H50’,
‘Downloading Busy Ice’ is written as ‘K40 D21 C14’,
Directions(76-80): In these questions, relationship between different elements is shown in the statements. The statements are followed by conclusions. Study the conclusions based on the given statements and select the appropriate answer:
Directions(81-85): Which of the following given at (A), (B), (C) and (D) can replace the words/phrases given in brackets in the sentence to make it grammatically and structurally correct? If the sentence is correct as it is, mark ‘No correction required’ as the answer.
Directions(86-89): In the question given below, three sentences have been given and in each of the sentences, four words have been highlighted. The spelling or the context of the highlighted words may or may not be correct. From the given alternatives, choose the one which indicates the incorrect word in each statement. If all the words in all the sentences are correct, choose option E i.e. ‘All are correct’ as your answer.
Direction(90): In the given question, four words are printed in bold and are numbered 1, 2, 3 and 4. Of these, the positions of two words may be incorrect and need to be exchanged to make the sentence correct. Find the two words which need to be exchanged. In case the given sentence is correct, your answer is (E) i.e. No correction required.
Directions(91-96): Read the given passage carefully and answer the questions that follow. Certain words are printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of these.
The insurance business like most industries is cyclical. The insurance business has always been supply driven (demand stays relatively constant). When supply is up, prices tend to go down. So while individual insurers want and need rate increases, there is still substantial competition due to the large surplus. The more surplus a company has,
the more premiums they can write. This means lower premiums, relaxed underwriting and expanded coverage. This is referred to as a soft market.
Historically the industry can only endure a soft market for so long. Surplus suffers and prices start to go up, underwriting tightens and coverage is restricted. This is known as a hard market. So where in the cycle are we now? The answer is not clear. What we do know is that after 7 years of rate reductions, prices have stopped declining and on average have started increasing. After 5 solid years of returns (2003-2007), the industry’s results have deteriorated significantly.
Unfortunately, interest rates are at historic lows and investment returns have never been thinner. What makes the current cycle different from previous cycles, however, is that this cycle is predominantly driven by the income statement and not the balance sheet. Historically, “hard markets” suffered from both poor returns and depleted surplus. While surplus took a modest dip in 2011, it is still near an all-time high.
Directions(97-100): Four statements are given below at A, B, C and D. There may be some errors in the given statement(s). The incorrect statement is your answer.
Directions(101-108): In the following passage, there are blanks, each followed by a word given in bold. All these bold words are jumbled and do not necessarily fit in the blank placed before them. Find the appropriate fit for every blank and mark the answer accordingly. If the word placed after the blank is appropriate, mark option E i.e. “No change required” as the answer.
In India, few animals carry the kind of cultural (A)dating that elephants do. Human-elephant interaction boasts a rich history (B)symbolism back centuries. It is but natural that such a long association would also have encounters that do not end (C)happily. Nowhere is this more apparent than in Hassan in Karnataka, the state which is home to India’s largest population of Asian elephants. The Hassan region, however, has been (D)mobile by human-elephant conflicts for years with a number of these encounters resulting in fatalities. But, thanks to (E)vast conservation efforts and smart application of technology in recent months, Hassan could soon be at peace with its elephants. Hassan and nearby districts sit at the edges of India’s iconic Western Ghats, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and global biodiversity hotspot which accounts for about 60% of Karnataka’s forest area. A fertile landscape (F)confrontations fragmented forest patches, coffee plantations and paddy fields, Hassan offers a rich and (G)comprising topographical mosaic for elephants, a habitat generalist species known for travelling long distances. A (H)resilient majority of elephant-provoked human casualties in Hassan territories – just like in many other elephant corridors in southern India – have been accidental encounters when victims were caught unaware of the animal’s presence in close proximity. Most elephant (I)conducive occur during the 6 am to 10 am and 4 pm to 8 pm– when workers in coffee plantation and paddy fields are (J)beset. On an average, elephant-related incidents killed five people every year between 2010 and 2016 in districts surrounding Hassan.
Directions(109-110): In the given question, four words are printed in bold and are numbered 1, 2, 3 and 4. Of these, the position of two words may be incorrect and need to be exchanged to make the sentence correct. Find the two words which need to be exchanged. In case the given sentence is correct, your answer is (E), i.e, ‘No correction required’.
Directions(111-113): A sentence divided into three parts I, II and III is given. Determine the part(s) which requires correction and mark it as your answer.
Directions(114-115): In the given statement some words have been highlighted. These words may not be at the correct place making the sentence grammatically and contextually incorrect. Choose the option which represents the correct sequence of words, which will make the sentence grammatically and contextually correct. If the sentence is correct as it is, choose E i.e. ‘No rearrangement required’ as your answer.
Directions(116-120): In the following question, a sentence with four words printed in bold is given. These are numbered as (1), (2), (3) and (4). One of these four words printed in bold may either be misspelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence. Find out the word which is wrongly spelt or inappropriate, if any. The number of that word is your answer. If all the words printed in bold are correctly spelt and also appropriate in the context of the sentence, mark option E, i.e., ‘All are correct’, as your answer.
- (12×50/99.99 )/53.81 × 100 = 5.95/54 × 100.05 ×?