Directions(1-5): Answer the questions based on the information given below.
The given graph shows the data regarding the mails received and unread mails on four different weeks of a month.
Unread mails of previous week are not transferred to the next week.
Received mails = Read mails + Unread mails
- Find the average number of read mails per week of week1, week2 and week4.
Read mails on week1 = 124 – 28 = 96
Read mails on week2 = 92 – 36 = 56
Read mails on week4 = 75 – 23 = 52
Required average = (96+56+52)/3 = 68
- Find the absolute difference between the total number of received mails and total unread mails of all the four weeks taken together.
Total received mails = 124+92+115+75 = 406
Total unread mails = 28+36+43+23 = 130
Required difference = 276
- Total number of unread mails on week3 and week4 taken together is approximately what percentage of the total number of mails received on same weeks?
Total unread mails on week3 and week4 = 43+23 = 66
Total number of mails received on week3 and week4 = 115+75 = 190
Required% = 66/190*100 = 35%
- Total mails read on week3 are read by CEO and HR of the company in the ratio of 3:5. The mails read by HR on week3 are what percentage of total mails received on week4?
Read mails on week3 =115-43 = 72
Mail read by HR = 5/(3+5)*72 = 45
Required% = 45/75*100 = 60%
- Find the ratio of total unread mails on week1 and week2 taken together to the total number of read mails on week2.
Read mails = Received mails – Unread mails
Read mails on week2 = 92-36 = 56
Total unread mails on week1 and week2 = 28+36 = 64
Required ratio = 64:56 = 8:7
- Find the ratio of the total number of movies released in all the given years combined by Tollywood industry to the same by Lollywood industry.
Required ratio = 300:210 = 10:7
- Find the average number of movies released by each type of film industry in all the given years combined.
Required average = 1580/5 = 316
- Find the difference between the total number of movies released by all the given film industry in 2014 and the total number of movies released by all the given film industries in 2016.
Required difference = 602 – 457 = 145
- Find the percentage of the total number of movies released in 2015 by all the film industries with respect to the total number of movies released by all the film industries in all the given years combined.
Required% = 521/1580*100 = 33%
- Find the average number of movies released by Hollywood and Bollywood industries over the given period of time.
Required average = (430+370)/2 = 400
Directions(6-10): Answer the questions based on the information given below.
The line graph below shows the number of movies released in different years by different film industries.