- A Man bought two boxes for Rs1300. He sold one box at a profit of 20% and the other at aloss of 12%. If the selling price of both boxes is the same, then the cost price of each box is
Rs400, Rs900Rs450, Rs850Rs600,Rs700Rs550, Rs750NoneOption D
Let the CP of one box be x.
Then next box be (1300-x)
SP of both the box is same.
- A shopkeeper sells his gods at its CP only. But he uses 850 g weight at the place of 1000 g weight for a kg. What is his net profit percentage?
12 2/3%33 1/3%17 12/17%25%NoneOption C
- Chocolates are bought at 9 for a rupee and an equal number more at 11 for a rupee. If these are mixed and sold at 10 for a rupee, then the loss or gain percent is
2% loss1% profit1% loss2% profitNoneOption C
Profit or loss percent =[(2*9*11)/10(11+9) – 1] *100
Negative indicate loss.
- There is some profit when an article is sold for Rs. 450. However when the same article is sold for Rs. 240, there is some loss. If the amount of loss is two times the quantum of profit, find the cost price of the article.
Rs290Rs340Rs380Cannot be determinedNoneOption C
Let the profit be x, when the article is sold at Rs450.
2(450-x) = x-240
- X sold a watch at 20% profit to Y. Y sold it to Z at 30% loss. Z bought the watch for Rs.1344. find the cost price of Z, If X sold the watch to Y at 25% loss and Y sold it to Z at 20% profit.
Let the CP be x.
Then 1600* 75/100*120/100
- A shopkeeper marks up the price of his product by 60%. If he increases the discount from 5% to 10% ,the proﬁt would decrease by Rs 24. How much proﬁt would he earn if he gives a discount of 20% on the marked price?
Let the CP be 100.
Then MP 160
Ist discount 5%=152
IInd discount 10%=144.
- A man purchases 11 oranges for Rs10 and Sells 10 oranges for Rs11.Find profit or loss%?
21% loss21% profit15% loss15% profitNoneOption B
[(11*11)- (10*10)]/(10*10) *100
- The profit earned after selling an article for Rs.675 is twice the loss incurred after selling the article for Rs.435. What is the cost price of the article?
Let ‘x’ be the CP of the article.
675-x = 2(x-435)
675-x = 2x-870
675+870 = 3x
- The Marked price of a wall clock is Rs3500. The shopkeeper gives successive discount of 10%, x% to the customer. If the customer pays Rs2520 for the wall clock, then the value of x is
- A merchant sells his two cars one at 15% loss and another at 12% profit. If the cost prices of the two cars are in the ratio of 1:2, what is his percent profit or loss?
3% loss3% profit5% profit5% lossNoneOption B
CP are in the ratio 1:2
Then let the CPs be Rs.100 & Rs.200 respectively,
1st SP = 100-15% of 100 = Rs.86.
2nd SP = 200 + 12% of 200 = Rs.224.
Total CP = Rs.300.
Total SP = 85+224 = Rs.309.
Profit = Rs.309-300 = Rs.9.
Profit percent = 9×100/300 = 3% profit.