Current Affairs 29 August 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 28 August 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of August 28, 2020
- The National GIS-enabled Land Bank system launched by the union government was initially being launched in how many states?
- Who is the head of the committee formed by the union government to redefine the role of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) for the current and futuristic defence scenarios?
A) Subhasis Chaudhuri
B) Soumen Chakrabarti
C) D Vipin Khakhar
D) P Ramagopal Rao
- To establish a transparent and comprehensive ‘Performance Rating’ System for its Consultants, Contractors and Concessionaires, who has developed a ‘Vendor Performance Evaluation System’?
A) National Highways Authority of India
C) Indian Agricultural Research Institute
D) Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
- Which mobile application has been launched to assist in online training of NCC cadets in the country?
- Which government has launched “Healthy Body, Healthy Mind” campaign for students?
C) Madhya Pradesh
- The Indian Institute of Technology’s Alumni Council has signed an agreement with the university of which country to access and transfer key technologies from the latter country to build the world’s largest and fastest hybrid quantum computer in India?
- According to a new UNICEF report titled ‘The Remote Learning Reachability’, about how much percent of Indian households have internet connections to access e-education?
- Ericsson and UNICEF announced global partnership to help map school connectivity in 35 countries by the end of which year?
- Which bank has announced a strategic partnership with Adobe to help improve digital experience journey of its customers?
A) ICICI Bank
B) IndusInd Bank
C) HDFC Bank
D) IDBI Bank
- Which insurance company has launched a new technology service called ‘Smart Assist’ that provides real-time assistance to customers?
A) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
B) Tata AIA Life
C) Aegon Life Insurance Company
D) Max Life Insurance
- Which company has entered into an agreement with NTPC Vidyut Vyapar Nigam to explore energy storage and renewable energy power supply solutions?
A) Solarium Green Energy
C) Lanasol Energy Solutions
D) Greenko Energies
- Which payments solutions company has partnered with Visa to develop installments platform for face-to-face transactions?
- Which company has inked a pact with Tel Aviv-based REE Automotive to explore production of electric commercial vehicles for global markets?
A) Tata Motors
B) Mahindra & Mahindra
C) Ashok Leyland
D) Eicher Motors
- As announced by Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju, in which year India will be hosting BRICS games?
- With the football association of which country did the Association of Indian Football Coaches (AIFC) sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to assist each other in development of football in the two countries?
- Brothers Bob and Mike Bryan announced their retirement from which sport in August 2020?
- Reliance Industries has appointed whom as its group president?
A) Sanjiv Singh
B) Bhanu Shah
C) Suketu Modi
D) Param Jindal
- Writer Marieke Lucas Rijneveld who became the youngest author to win the 2020 International Booker prize for their debut novel ‘The Discomfort of Evening’ hails from which country?
- Who became the first Indian-origin woman to be honoured with a memorial Blue Plaque in London?
A) Noor Inayat Khan
B) Sheerin Khan
C) Nusrat Ali Khan
D) Fatima Khan
- Gail Sheehy who passed away recently was a well known _______________.
- Archana Mahanta who passed away in August 2020 was related to which profession?
- Arnold Spielberg who passed away recently was an engineer from which country?
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of Ericsson located?
A) Helsinki, Finland
B) Stockholm, Sweden
C) Copenhagen, Denmark
D) Rome, Italy
- Where is the HQ of United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) located?
A) Rome, Italy
B) Paris, France
C) Vienna, Austria
D) New York, United States